GIRL 6 - Quentin plays himself

All other Tarantino films, his cameos, TV cameos, general discussions about music and DVD - check out the child boards!
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

GIRL 6 - Quentin plays himself

Post by Sebastian » Sun Oct 13, 2002 4:28 am

i just watched the opening 10 minutes of the Spike Lee film "Girl 6", where Quentin plays himself and brings Theresa Randall to show him her tits.

did anyone see this movie complete? how did you like it? does Quentin appeare a second time?

Tony_Rocky_Horror

Re: GIRL 6 - Quentin plays himself

Post by Tony_Rocky_Horror » Sat Nov 02, 2002 1:16 pm

I think QT's cameo is pretty funny, but the rest of the movie isn't worth your time. It's a trite, messy flick, and QT doesn't show up again anyway.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sat Nov 02, 2002 3:17 pm

one of the reasons why i did only watch the first 15 minutes ;-)

The_Man_With_No_Name

Post by The_Man_With_No_Name » Sun Dec 01, 2002 2:33 am

That movie sucks nuts. The only thing I liked about that scene was the titties. It's weird that he was in Spike Lee's movie and later Spike Lee cried about Jackie Brown. I don't see whyhe bitched so hard. You'd think a black man would know more than anybody about how much blacks over use the word nigger.

I hope 25th Hour is good.

Norma_Desmond

Post by Norma_Desmond » Fri Feb 28, 2003 9:23 am

Girl 6 could of been good but the minute I saw that they'd cast supermodels as the phone sex operators I knew all was lost. If it had been set in reality a little more and actually tried to tell the story of a hardworking girls downward spiral when she gets involved in something that's way over her head it could of been really interesting. Instead all the phone sex operators are hot (if they were really that hot they'd work as strippers or models or something) and she gets addicted to talking to creepy guys who want to kill her.

But, yeah, I liked Quentin's cameo.

spinstercycle

Post by spinstercycle » Sat Mar 01, 2003 5:57 pm

I thought Quentin and Spike were at odds... Spike did not appreciate a certain word used by Quentin in his films...

bOBBYMILk

Post by bOBBYMILk » Sun Mar 02, 2003 12:56 am

I thought Quentin and Spike were at odds... Spike did not appreciate a certain word used by Quentin in his films...
No Joke !!!

spinstercycle

Post by spinstercycle » Sun Mar 02, 2003 3:03 am

So why the cameo?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Mar 02, 2003 4:48 am

that cameo was BEFORE they started to dislike each other, i think

spinstercycle

Post by spinstercycle » Sun Mar 02, 2003 10:51 pm

Oh, I had thought Spike was upset over the use in PF.... but was it Jackie Brown that set him off?

toothpick_vic_vega

Post by toothpick_vic_vega » Sun Mar 02, 2003 11:36 pm

Oh, I had thought Spike was upset over the use in PF.... but was it Jackie Brown that set him off?
"Does Quentin want to be made an honorary black man?" - Spike Lee on the use of the word "nigger" in Tarantino films.

I think it was the use in both films that made him angry. I think one of the reasons Spike was angry was because he knows Quentin is such a good writer/director. His dialogue is realistic, thats why it has so much resonance.

QT has said he thinks any word out there that has that much effect on people should be shouted from the rooftops. He doesnt think any word should be kept in "word jail".

In a great interview on the Jackie Brown CE DVD, QT mentions that when he went to see Jackie Brown at the Magic Johnson Theater in LA, he sat next to a black girl. She was asking him thru the entire film if he actually wrote the dialogue. He was like "Yeah". She was impressed with the way he wrote that stuff. QT said he went to that theater for a week straight seeing how the black people reacted to the film.

NOTE: He also said one of the best things that was said about the film was when he had overheard a black woman (around the same age as Jackie Brown) saying to a friend of hers in the movie lobby: "Girl, wasnt that (Jackie Brown) good?". QT said that meant more to him than any critics review of the film. Pretty damn cool. :)

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Mon Mar 03, 2003 2:01 am

what lots of people seem to forget is, that QT grew up among african americans. he went to an all-black school!

spike lee sucks, i mean, i dont know his work, but come on, if QT uses the f-word all the time, its his business, Spike doesn't have to watch the film.

toothpick_vic_vega

Post by toothpick_vic_vega » Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:55 pm

spike lee sucks, i mean, i dont know his work.
How can you say he sucks if you havent seen any of his films?! lol.

I really like Spike Lee. I dont love every movie hes made, but theres a few I like very much.

Check out: Shes Gotta Have It, School Daze, Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, Jungle Fever, Mo Betta Blues.

spinstercycle

Post by spinstercycle » Mon Mar 03, 2003 11:51 pm

Why do people saying -Kubrick, Lee, Polanski-- SUCK, then admit they haven't seen any of the films? haha

What is great about Lee is that his voice is completely different than most directors. Do The Right Things, Jungle Fever- these on original films which reflect urban society and the position of the black man. Few others can do that. He does not hold a monopoly however (Hughes Bros. John Singleton) but I disagreed with "Norman Jewison, Michael Mann ain't black so they can't director Malcom X/ Ali". There is a line, folks...

Hondo

Post by Hondo » Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:00 pm

Just as a note Quentin dosent play himself he is credidted as QT.  ;D

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Mon Sep 22, 2003 9:59 am

Spike Lees movies lately have sucked. I liked 25th hour, but no one else did. That's why he said all that shit. He wanted attention like a fucking 5 year old. If your movies aren't good, then you shouldn't stir up controversy about good movies to get attention.

mysterio

Post by mysterio » Mon Sep 22, 2003 5:50 pm

Spike Lees movies lately have sucked. I liked 25th hour, but no one else did. That's why he said all that shit. He wanted attention like a fucking 5 year old. If your movies aren't good, then you shouldn't stir up controversy about good movies to get attention.
yeah 25th Hour was a great flick!  Kind of like Clockers - which I think is one of his better flicks.

Puck

Post by Puck » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:30 am

I liked 25th Hour.  Edward Norton is teh cool!!!!

Tha_WOLF

Post by Tha_WOLF » Wed Sep 24, 2003 2:39 am

One of my favorite movies ever is one of Spike Lee's, called Mo Better Blues, with Denzel Washington. A great love story about love, sex, and jazz, but I would not call myself a SL fan.I am most definitely a QT fan. Fuck Lee for getting mad at Qt for using nigger in his scripts and life. It is just a word and I could care less, being a black man, I would consider it a compliment for QT to say it to my face, but it just might be me.

tracystarlight
Kiddo

Post by tracystarlight » Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:34 pm

I can't get hold of this film - does anyone have any screen caps/pictures or anything like that?

thanks,
tracy
x
with enough soap, you can blow up just about anything

roulette67
Basterd

Post by roulette67 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:26 pm

As far as Lee is concerned, I liked Mo Better Blues, but since then. I havent been too impressed. I think the Hughes Brothers are better directors. Sure Lee is going for the, 'black voice amongst a white industry' thing. But I feel if you can't direct movies about ANY subject, using ALL types of actors and situations. You've pretty much boxed yourself into a corner and you've lost your edge.
Yes he did do 'Summer of Sam', which was a good move out of the box.

I can admit, I haven't seen any of his recent movies like 25th hour.

I did think his documentary 4 little girls was tremendous. I'd like to see him do more documentaries about ANY subject.

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:21 pm

I only watched the first 15mins or this movie or so, just watched QT's part lol it was awesome. "YOU TURNED DOWN QT!??" hehe was great
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Feb 06, 2005 4:32 pm

MiaRose wrote: I only watched the first 15mins or this movie or so, just watched QT's part lol it was awesome. "YOU TURNED DOWN QT!??" hehe was great
yeah its very funny.

unfortunately it's not out on DVD yet, only VHS

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:04 pm

any idea when the DVD will be out?
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

cinemanut

Post by cinemanut » Sun Mar 20, 2005 3:25 pm

hey Seb Spike Lee does not suck

If Tarantino hates a certain filmmaker does that mean that you automatically judge that filmmaker without seeing a frame of his work?

you gotta see:

1.Do The Right Thing - a classic film. The best film so far to tackle the topic of race tensions.

2. Jungle Fever - a cool romance with a great subplot featuring Samuel Jackson. Some of the most realistic drug scenes I have seen

3.Malcom X - an epic film

4. Summer of Sam - a great murder mystery that you as a Tarantino fan will appreciate. an underrated gem.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:19 pm

i sais he sucks for dissing QT for using the f-word

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:09 am

i liked this film, i thought it was pretty good.

ThaDuke

Post by ThaDuke » Thu Dec 28, 2006 4:47 am

Huh, I didn't know that. I'll check it out for a few minutes..;)

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 am

The movie sucks but QT's part is cool. He tries to get the girl naked if I remember correct. Just like real life
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

ThaDuke

Post by ThaDuke » Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:01 am

It's funny how QT can make any part of a movie cool, even if the film blows total ass..