[news] Tarantino Film Fest 6 in Austin! (July 28)

I opened up the local paper today to see that Quentin Tarantino will be returning to Austin, Texas for his film festival. It’s basically Tarantino showing off “30 rare and cult movies” with introductions beforehand by Quentin.

If anyone in the Austin, Texas area is interested in checking this out (like myself) go to the link below.

http://austinfilm.org/qtfestival/qt6.php

cool, take pics 8)

edit: AND TELL HIM TO COME TO EUROPE!

holy shit that is awesome. i’ll write a front page news story righty awayy

It’s been four years since Quentin Tarantino last brought his personal vault of B movies and exploitation flicks to Austin for the popular film festival that bears his name. He’s been busy. But now that his “Kill Bill” films are behind him, Tarantino is returning to one of his favorite cities for “QT Six,” a celebration of about 30 rare and cult movies Sept. 9 to 17 at the Alamo downtown.

Festival badges cost $145 and go on sale Aug. 12 from sponsor Austin Film Society.

At “hands-down the coolest film festival in the world,” Tarantino is there to introduce each movie with cyclonic enthusiasm. Two films show on weeknights, and three show on Fridays. Movies run all night Saturdays.

The QT festival is such a draw that famous friends of Tarantino such as Richard Linklater, Mike Judge, Robert Rodriguez, Robert Forster, Amanda Plummer and David Carradine have hung out at past shows.

Attendees must abide by Tarantino’s first rule: no autographs.

[quote=“stuck in the middle”]
I opened up the local paper today to see that Quentin Tarantino will be returning to Austin, Texas for his film festival. It’s basically Tarantino showing off “30 rare and cult movies” with introductions beforehand by Quentin.

If anyone in the Austin, Texas area is interested in checking this out (like myself) go to the link below.

http://austinfilm.org/qtfestival/qt6.php
[/quote]

An here tarantino.info’s FEST GUIDE:

<LINK_TEXT text=“The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999 … &Itemid=41”>The Quentin Tarantino Archives - Everything QT since 1999</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Ify”]
It’s been four years since Quentin Tarantino last brought his personal vault of B movies and exploitation flicks to Austin for the popular film festival that bears his name. He’s been busy. But now that his “Kill Bill” films are behind him, Tarantino is returning to one of his favorite cities for “QT Six,” a celebration of about 30 rare and cult movies Sept. 9 to 17 at the Alamo downtown.

Festival badges cost $145 and go on sale Aug. 12 from sponsor Austin Film Society.

At “hands-down the coolest film festival in the world,” Tarantino is there to introduce each movie with cyclonic enthusiasm. Two films show on weeknights, and three show on Fridays. Movies run all night Saturdays.

The QT festival is such a draw that famous friends of Tarantino such as Richard Linklater, Mike Judge, Robert Rodriguez, Robert Forster, Amanda Plummer and David Carradine have hung out at past shows.

Attendees must abide by Tarantino’s first rule: no autographs.

[/quote]

That’s straight from the Austin American Statesman. Do you live in the area?

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.austin360.com/movies/content … akers.html”>http://www.austin360.com/movies/content/movies/aasstories/2005_july/27makers.html</LINK_TEXT>

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.austin360.com/movies/content … akers.html”>http://www.austin360.com/movies/content/movies/aasstories/2005_july/27makers.html</LINK_TEXT>
[/quote]

^^^ What he said.

I actually live in England

I live in NJ and am willing to hook up with someone in Ausitn.

Who knows when this will happen again and I don’t wanna miss this. If interested in helping out a fellow Tarantino fan, write me. OK. </s>chicnoir-7@comcast.net<e>

[quote=“roulette67”]
Who knows when this will happen again …
[/quote]

everybody. just check out the links posted above or www.tarantino.info

I live in France, poor of me ! I can’t travel to Austin… arghh :-</E>

So if some lucky guy goes there, take a lot pictures, and speak to the man,

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
AND TELL HIM TO COME TO EUROPE!
[/quote]

Yes, plz !

I knew there had been 5 before. But the buzz after number 5 was that he wasn’t going to do anymore festivals. So I was surprised when this one came up at all. I figured he was too busy with all his projects to do one this year.

[quote=“roulette67”]
I knew there had been 5 before. But the buzz after number 5 was that he wasn’t going to do anymore festivals. So I was surprised when this one came up at all. I figured he was too busy with all his projects to do one this year.
[/quote]

maybe he needs to rattle the drum a bit for upcoming projects. i think he just shows a bunch of films again that inspired him to do what he will do next

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
i think he just shows a bunch of films again that inspired him to do what he will do next
[/quote]

not stupid Seb ! So we must know what are the movies at there, and we could understand and guess what is his next movie !

[quote=“roulette67”]
I live in NJ and am willing to hook up with someone in Ausitn.
[/quote]

You can put a nix on this. Major conflict with dates. BUT, I have a membership with Austin Film and I’ll let someone use it if they want, so they can get the discount for the whole festival.

I would have loved to have gone to this!!!

Howver i live in london england and would have needed more notiuce as i have gigs booked for these dates.

I would have flown over to be there.

I am in Los Angeles next week.I do go o the states a lot and i would have gone to this too if i had known earlier.I am gutted.

However ,those that do go ,i hope you have a fab time…It must be amazing to meet quentin…

Although i LOVE quentin ,i do not fancy him or dream of marrying him like some girls do.I just think he is so cool and if he wanted to marry "clarence " style by having a date atching a triple sonny chiba and then going around in a cadallic and listenign to Elvis i am up for that! :smiley:

Next week in L.A i am having dinner in “raes” diner and then going to the vista theatre where clarence and alabama had there first meeting and then the next day i am going to the “safari inn” .

i would like to post piccies to the group but i dont know how i can do that…If anyone knows please tell me.

Sorry for going AWOL On the topic but i just wanna end by saying that if any of you are lucky enought o go to austin for this then have a ball!!!

Roulette 67 …i think you are cool with your offer!!!that is a great thing to do!good for you!wish i could take it up!

Have fun!

love alabamaxxxx

It’s a great theater to view movies. They serve food and alcohol right to your seat (very rare in the U.S.), and the seating is comfortable. I was fortunate enough to attend the SXSW film festival this year and saw a few movies there. Well worth it!

[quote=“Alabama Worley”]
i would like to post piccies to the group but i dont know how i can do that…If anyone knows please tell me.
[/quote]

Go to : www.imageshack.us

Then upload your pics on it.

They will give you URL to see them. So post thoses URL at here, and so we can also see the pics !

Not so difficult. PM me if you wanna more informations.

And thx in advance for the pics :wink:

[quote=“roulette67”]
You can put a nix on this. Major conflict with dates. BUT, I have a membership with Austin Film and I’ll let someone use it if they want, so they can get the discount for the whole festival.
[/quote]

Your offer is very very cool. It’s nice from you to give this chance to someone.

I’m angry because I haven’t enough money to go to the USA, but if I had, I would have agree with your offer ! :wink:

Definitely knew this was in the works for this year with recent rumblings… though I couldn’t get anything official. Tarantino has still been buying prints specifically for this fest the last couple of years. Tarantino did say at Five he’d show the giallo “What Have They Done to Our Daughters?” at the next fest… though with all the prints he’s bought, this could all change. I should have guessed this fest was going to start right after the huge Rolling Roadshow tour had ended.

For those travelling from out of town there is about 2 hotels/motels within walking distant w/ decent pricing around $70 a night and even better discounted weekly booking. These two are a huge savings, for those that don’t have any other place to stay (friends, family) as most hotels around the area are $100 and up a night. Thank God they aren’t having this fest overlap any with the Austin City Limits music fest or else it’d be a real nightmare finding room and board. Since the theater has a full service kitchen with food and beverages, it makes it easier not having to eat dinner beforehand.

Tarantino does not sign autographs at his fests, nor does he let anyone take a picture with him, nor likes for photos taken of him by anyone other than press. They typically have film fest posters for sale that QT has autographed himself ($10-$20).

Talking to Tarantino. After most movies many people will immediately go to QT to discuss it. You will also find yourself out in the main lobby area with QT and others talking movies at some points if you attend the whole fest. There is a pretty constant flurry of people chatting with him, but anyone should be able to find many instances to go chat him up. This isn’t some fest where anyone is roped off from the others… its definitely one big happy movie family.

Tarantino’s introductions for the films are near legendary and not to be missed.

A good portion of people that attend will be at the Drafthouse the night before the fest. There is not trailerthon this year however it seems. Though “Dog Day Afternoon” and “Based on a True Story” are showing. Also on Wed. night during the fest they have “Angels from Hell” on the bill for Something Weird Wednesdays (not sure if this will change, but perhaps be a screening outside the fest and these are free screenings).

The Alamo Drafthouse downtown is a small theater, so passes and tickets are going to go quick… especially once AICN gives it a huge plug on their site, though AICN already let slip with the fact there would be at QT Fest 6 awhile back in some random article I’m told. When they had QT5, they had tickets/passes on sale a good month before anyone noticed… so I felt fortunate then. For QT3 and QT4 it was a mad scramble to get through on the phone to AFS the morning tickets went on sale. I imagine for QT6, the demand will be high, especially the more exposure this has given. In Austin alot of people will be saving money for ACL music fest and UT will just be starting its fall semester, though with Kill Bill films having come out, Tarantino’s profile is very high these days and this fest could sell out lightning quick.

I definitely plan on attending, assuming I can get a ticket. Will be staying at one of the cheap downtown hotels… and hopefully talking some friends from NY to come down.

For QT Fest info, here is some additions:

Sunday, August 27th for QT4, the mystery movie was “The Muthers”.

The print for “Macon County Line” didn’t play. Can’t recall what was in its place.

The list of movies for QT4 by AFS, from “Message From Space” down were not show. This probably refers to trailers shown for these movies. A couple on QT5 list from AFS also shows movies listed that had trailers shown, but not hte movies themselves.

QT3 Friday 26th Gangster Movies

The surprise short was from the tv show “Banyon” - The Old College Try (Directed by Richard Donner, starring Robert Forster)