Another 10 Minute Cooking School "Texas BBQ"

;D

http://twitter.com/robertRdz

Editing another 10 Minute Cooking School. “Texas BBQ” for Grindhouse DVD/BLU Ray

about 24 hours ago from web

I hate twitter. I wish he’d get a blog so he can actually say more than two sentences at a time.

Isn’t Grindhouse already out on DVD and BluRay?

[quote=“Dex”]
I hate twitter. I wish he’d get a blog so he can actually say more than two sentences at a time.

[/quote]

I’m just glad he’s communicating somehow.

Yeah, his little motivational speech on writing was awesome, it’s just frustrating when it takes twelve posts and you have to scan down to find the beginning of it.

I doubt that’s Robert. I can use the name “CharlieRose!” and post stuff like, “Just interviewed Sarah Palin, was lost in her legs - someone send me a transcript to remember what I was saying!”. And the people will follow. See.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
I doubt that’s Robert. I can use the name “CharlieRose!” and post stuff like, “Just interviewed Sarah Palin, was lost in her legs - someone send me a transcript to remember what I was saying!”. And the people will follow. See.
[/quote]

Yeah. I’ll bet they’re all fake. Every last one. There are no famous people on the internet at all. Just posers. Famous people would never use a computer.

So, does anybody know what this Grindhouse release is he’s talking about? Seems way too early to be double dipping on a film that performed so poorly.

I thought the DVD sales were way better than box office sales. Besides, it’s been two years since it was in theaters. It came out the same time as Hot Fuzz.

They double-dipped on the Hot Fuzz DVD super quick. It came out in R1, and literally 2 months later they released the collector’s edition. That film didn’t do poorly, but it wasn’t exactly an 8 week blockbuster either.

[quote=“Dex”]
[/quote]

Grindhouse in it’s entirety has not been released on any dvd or BR in the US, only separate releases of Planet Terror and Death Proof.

[quote=“Baby Stomper”]
Grindhouse in it’s entirety has not been released on any dvd or BR in the US, only separate releases of Planet Terror and Death Proof.
[/quote]

You can watch the whole thing instantly, trailers and all, on Netflix.com. So I can’t imagine that we’re not going to get the whole movie on DVD yet.

Hot Fuzz wasn’t so much double dipping though. It was a bare bones release for the curious and a spendy three disc affair for the lovers. We knew to avoid that bare bones release because we were gonna get that three disc set soon enough. I don’t consider it double dipping if they tell you a better version is coming out before the bare bones is released.

Now that I actually look into it they’ve already released a bunch of different versions of Grindhouse. The single disc set of each, the 2-disc set of each, the steel book 2-disc of each, a 3-disc steel set of both movies together, a six-disc set of both the movies, and I believe there’s a box set that has the 2-disc sets of each packaged together. Don’t know why anybody could possibly need another version.

Putting out a set with both of them on one disc sounds absolutely absurd to me at this point. How hard is it to watch a movie, take it out and put in another movie? Especially if they’re not the extended versions. If they had released the theatrical versions on the same disc first I could maybe justify it. Just feels like a cash grab at this point.

[quote=“Baby Stomper”]
[/quote]

Isn’t the japanese version good enough with all its bonuses? I dig it

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
Yeah. I’ll bet they’re all fake. Every last one. There are no famous people on the internet at all. Just posers. Famous people would never use a computer.
[/quote]

I know. That’s what I meant. Were you not paying attention?

[quote=“Sgt. Geoi Donowitz”]
You can watch the whole thing instantly, trailers and all, on Netflix.com. So I can’t imagine that we’re not going to get the whole movie on DVD yet.

[/quote]

Hey, that’s great, but has nothing to do with what I said.

Personally, I’ve been holding off on buying the movies separately as I really have no interest in seeing them that way and didn’t go for the Japanese set because I knew the whole experience would eventually make it’s way to blu ray. With this movie, I want to emulate the experience I had when I saw it in theaters at home to the best of my abilities, and come this August, I can finally do that.

[quote=“Baby Stomper”]
Hey, that’s great, but has nothing to do with what I said.

Personally, I’ve been holding off on buying the movies separately as I really have no interest in seeing them that way and didn’t go for the Japanese set because I knew the whole experience would eventually make it’s way to blu ray. With this movie, I want to emulate the experience I had when I saw it in theaters at home to the best of my abilities, and come this August, I can finally do that.
[/quote]

How does it have nothing to do with what you said? The version on Netflix that Geoi mentioned is the exact film you saw in the theater and she said she expects we’ll see that version on DVD soon.

I think only owning them melted together as one film would be much more annoying than owning them separate. That’s just a personal preference though I guess. I just can’t imagine ever wanting to watch both movies back to back in one sitting again. They just don’t really fit together. When I picture a double billing I expect two similarly themed movies back to back and Grindhouse didn’t offer that in the slightest.

Just making both films look old an worn doesn’t mean they fit together in my book. Fuck, Death Proof didn’t even really look all that old and worn. It was pretty much crystal clear for the second half of the film.

[quote=“Dex”]
How does it have nothing to do with what you said? The version on Netflix that Geoi mentioned is the exact film you saw in the theater and she said she expects we’ll see that version on DVD soon.
[/quote]

Right. However, I simply pointed out that it was never released on any physical region 1 disc format and never implied that this upcoming release wasn’t going to be exactly that.

For me, seeing these movies back to back with an audience was a large part of what made Grindhouse so great. While I certainly do appreciate the movies in their own right, I feel watching them on their own would risk tainting that original experience. I would like to have at least one good sized get together and screen the whole Grindhouse double-feature, make an event out of it, to hopefully recapture that magic at least once before I start popping them in individually.

[quote=“Baby Stomper”]
For me, seeing these movies back to back with an audience was a large part of what made Grindhouse so great. While I certainly do appreciate the movies in their own right, I feel watching them on their own would risk tainting that original experience. I would like to have at least one good sized get together and screen the whole Grindhouse double-feature, make an event out of it, to hopefully recapture that magic at least once before I start popping them in individually.
[/quote]

I think the versions that have been released work better for an all-night screening. In my experience it’s pretty damn hard to get people to just sit in their chairs and watch something for three hours unless the’ve payed for it. My friends always need their cigarette/piss breaks. Perfect time to swap DVDs or queue up the fake trailers.

I don’t mean to be contentious, I’m just drunk and I really fucking hate your handle. It makes me wanna see what your corpse looks like.

[quote=“Dex”]
I don’t mean to be contentious, I’m just drunk and I really fucking hate your handle. It makes me wanna see what your corpse looks like.
[/quote]

Hmm, can’t really help you there but if I was a baby that got hit in the head with a hammer, I imagine I would look something like this:

I also might be in the fridge just because I’m silly

IMAGES REMOVED

Nothing more funny than a dead baby, I guess. Well, unless you’re over the age of twelve, have a child, or have actually seen a dead baby.

If a mod could delete those images that would awesome.

[quote=“Dex”]
Nothing more funny than a dead baby, I guess. Well, unless you’re over the age of twelve, have a child, or have actually seen a dead baby.

If a mod could delete those images that would awesome.
[/quote]

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST MOTHER FUCKER! There must be some rule somewhere about posting shit like that. Dick.