Rodriguez writing to Frank Miller

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Re: Rodriguez writing to Frank Miller

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed May 27, 2009 12:40 am

Wanted to hear it but all the samples were of the intros. But where can I hear the album? I love the sound of her voice (too sexy). I'm always looking for good music :).
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Wed May 27, 2009 12:43 am

probably on youtube. I liked three tracks. Mostly the ones she sang in her films like "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" and "Hush, Hush..."

But the radio plays are fantastic. If you're going to buy a track if not the album, I'd get all About Eve, it was performed by all the original cast members.
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed May 27, 2009 12:49 am

Lt. BioBasterd wrote: probably on youtube. I liked three tracks. Mostly the ones she sang in her films like "What Ever Happened To Baby Jane?" and "Hush, Hush..."
But the radio plays are fantastic. If you're going to buy a track if not the album, I'd get all About Eve, it was performed by all the original cast members.
I'll take a look. I did find one album on iTunes called Miss Bette Davis and really dig it. It says she was sixty when she recorded it. Have you heard it?

I think I'll watch the movies before I listen to the plays. But I have heard a few of those plays. One for Casablanca and the other for The Maltese Falcon. They were alright, I was just happy Bogart (god I love Bogart) performed his part in them. To be honest I'd take the movies any day though.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Wed May 27, 2009 12:53 am

LT. Ordell Rodriguez wrote: I'll take a look. I did find one album on iTunes called Miss Bette Davis and really dig it. It says she was sixty when she recorded it. Have you heard it?

I think I'll watch the movies before I listen to the plays. But I have heard a few of those plays. One for Casablanca and the other for The Maltese Falcon. They were alright, I was just happy Bogart (god I love Bogart) performed his part in them. To be honest I'd take the movies any day though.

Here's the Hush, Hush performance on live tv:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSMuaglvY

Bogart's breakthrough performance was in The Petrified Forest, I got that film about a week ago and it's wonderful, it was adapted by a stageplay. Bette Davis and Leslie Howard star in it as well, you gotta check it out, they also did a film called "Marked Woman", again it's top of the line stuff.
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed May 27, 2009 2:14 am

Lt. BioBasterd wrote: Here's the Hush, Hush performance on live tv:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BYSMuaglvY

Bogart's breakthrough performance was in The Petrified Forest, I got that film about a week ago and it's wonderful, it was adapted by a stageplay. Bette Davis and Leslie Howard star in it as well, you gotta check it out, they also did a film called "Marked Woman", again it's top of the line stuff.
Cool thanks.

There was a time I was huge on Bogart and did my DVD binge thing watching everything I could and of course The Petrified Forest was among them. He is definitely in my top actors. Although Marked Woman I havn't heard of. Looks good. On the queue! My vacation is gonna be bitchin'. Only a film geek could spend an entire stay in Florida watching Bette Davis movies.

Mr. Skeffington? Saw it with Hush... Hush and really dug it, although I liked Hush... Hush more. It was such a downer of a movie but really well done, probably why I liked the other one more.

Blaxploitation is officially on hold till I get to watch some of these movies. I'm feeling nostalgic for the golden age thanks to you! Thanks.

Laydback
Fucking Professional

Post by Laydback » Wed May 27, 2009 3:06 am

LT. Ordell Rodriguez wrote: Blaxploitation is officially on hold till I get to watch some of these movies. I'm feeling nostalgic for the golden age thanks to you! Thanks.
Don't give up on Blaxpos just yet! See if there's anything here you might like.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed May 27, 2009 3:10 am

Laydback wrote: Don't give up on Blaxpos just yet! See if there's anything here you might like.
Don't worry about me giving it up, it's one of my favorite genres, just the golden cinema is peaking my interest a little. And thanks for that. I do like.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Wed May 27, 2009 7:19 am

In case anybodies interested, The Letter is gonna be showing on the 31 at 5:00 am. Thought I'd mention it as long as we were chatting up Bette Davis.