Roadracers: the Making of a Degenerate Hot Rod Flick

Does anybody know where you can get a copy of this book? And if anybody has one already is it worth tracking one down? If it’s half as good as Rebel Without A Crew I’d definitely take the time of day to find one.

Good luck. I’ve been looking for this for a few years now. I heard it’s great, but I haven’t been able to find it for less than $200.

[quote=“helu”]
Good luck. I’ve been looking for this for a few years now. I heard it’s great, but I haven’t been able to find it for less than $200.
[/quote]

$200 bucks? Did they only do one printing of it or something? Rebel Without A Crew is still selling out of my local book store so it’s not like he doesn’t have an audience.

It does seem like they only did one, and it was never in print in America.

Anyway here’s one place that has a slightly used copy, and lo and behold it’s not quite $200

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDet … D0%26y%3D0”>Item no longer available</LINK_TEXT>

Thanks for that.

Do you know why it was never printed in america?

I’d keep an eye on that site for cheaper copies, there is already one.

I’m not sure why it hasn’t been printed in America. I emailed the publishers Faber and Faber or whatever several years ago hoping on the off chance they still had copies or were planning a reprint to coincide with the release of the film on dvd, which was supposed to be over two years ago, but I don’t think I ever got a reply. Though I knew a reprint of such a small title is very unlikely.

Right now I’m just still waiting for the blasted dvd, you can’t just drop it completely after having a release date special features cover art and everything and not at least give a reason! Gah.

[quote=“helu”]
I’d keep an eye on that site for cheaper copies, there is already one.

I’m not sure why it hasn’t been printed in America. I emailed the publishers Faber and Faber or whatever several years ago hoping on the off chance they still had copies or were planning a reprint to coincide with the release of the film on dvd, which was supposed to be over two years ago, but I don’t think I ever got a reply. Though I knew a reprint of such a small title is very unlikely.

Right now I’m just still waiting for the blasted dvd, you can’t just drop it completely after having a release date special features cover art and everything and not at least give a reason! Gah.
[/quote]

Really excited for that DVD, especially the way that Robert talked about the new transfer and all the special stuff he planned to put with it. Could be cool to rerelease the book with the movie. I could think of enough people on this forum alone who’d get a copy the second they went on sale.

[quote=“Ordell Rodriguez”]
Really excited for that DVD, especially the way that Robert talked about the new transfer and all the special stuff he planned to put with it. Could be cool to rerelease the book with the movie. I could think of enough people on this forum alone who’d get a copy the second they went on sale.[/quote]

Totally agree! It’s a great book and they could do something similar to the “Sin City” release where they included “The Hard Goodbye” graphic novel. Anyone have any new news on the “Roadracers” DVD?

O0 who da man

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OYE3ZSC2

if your still interested in this book, here is a link to all the pages scanned .

unless you wanna pay about $120 to some bum in the UK.