Shorts

Only just heard of this, latest film he’s directing - The Notebook II (2008) - IMDb

I personally wish he would just finish off Machete, though that looks like it’ll never see the light of day now, and then do Sin City 2.

Well, Rose isn’t in it at least. But Rebel is. I’m surprised I didn’t get wind of this either. I haven’t exactly been paying much attention to RR lately though… All his projects seem to be so talkie talkie and no shootie shootie.

Not all that surprised… He does tend to be spontaneous in what he decides to do.

[quote]All his projects seem to be so talkie talkie and no shootie shootie.[/quote]

You got that right. What surprises me his how bad whoever his assistant his I mean unless he suddenly decides to finish off Machete or do Sin City 2 straight after this, he hasn’t exactly been looking after his fans.

Another movie just for kids? What’s the point… I believe that we’ll be waiting for decades to watch Sin City 2!

I like Robert’s kids movies. Plus I have a 6 year old, so I get to take her to see a movie I’ll probably like that doesn’t have blood, cussing, and nudity. And she thinks Rebel’s cute.

To be honest, I’m just glad he’s been doing something. Also, SC2 can be filmed very quickly, but it’ll still be in post-production for two years, so I can wait for that.

I think I’ve mentioned this a couple times already. Shorts is the movie Robert did while waiting for Frank Miller to do The Spirit. I’m pretty sure when they’re both done promoting those two movies they’ll move on Sin City 2. He’s going to try filming Machete and Sin City 2 at the same time.

Argh! I totally forgot about it Dex! You DID mention it! I’m sorry.

[quote=“Dex”]
I think I’ve mentioned this a couple times already. Shorts is the movie Robert did while waiting for Frank Miller to do The Spirit. I’m pretty sure when they’re both done promoting those two movies they’ll move on Sin City 2. He’s going to try filming Machete and Sin City 2 at the same time.
[/quote]

Fraid I didn’t see. Where did he say he’s going to try and film them at the same time? I don’t see why he didn’t film Machete whilst waiting for Miller to finish The Spirit.But if this is so, I can understand why he’s had to wait so long.

I thought he was just going to produce Machete not direct it. I must have missed something.

It’s too weird to think of Robert only doing one job on a movie he wrote.

[quote=“NonStop”]
Fraid I didn’t see. Where did he say he’s going to try and film them at the same time? I don’t see why he didn’t film Machete whilst waiting for Miller to finish The Spirit.But if this is so, I can understand why he’s had to wait so long.
[/quote]

I think he said it at Comic Con this year. He’s already got 40 minutes of Machete done and with how fast he shot the first 40 he’d probly have been done with it while The Spirit was still in pre-production.

Teaser Trailer’s finally been released. This looks considerably sillier than I first imagined it.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/12875 … ardformat/”>http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/12875297/standardformat/</LINK_TEXT>

Kids will love it.

It looks really fun, I will watch it. Plus, it has Leslie Mann, she is HOT.

I’m a kid. And I’m loving it.

[quote=“BioBasterd”]
I’m a kid[/quote]

That explains so much.

[quote=“Cyd”]
That explains so much.
[/quote]

Just like Tom Hanks in “Big”, only prettier of course.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
It looks really fun, I will watch it. Plus, it has Leslie Mann, she is HOT.
[/quote]

I’m right there with you. Silly, fun, but looks way better than Shark Boy and Lava Girl. I’m there opening day. I mean it’s Robert Rodriguez, no matter what it is it’s always been interesting.

And yes, Leslie Mann is HOT. Judd is a lucky mofo.

Has anybody realized that Warner Bros. is distributing Shorts and not the weinstein company. Maybe I’m the only one who it seems kind of weird to, but haven’t the weinsteins and robert been tight since From Dusk Till Dawn?

Didn’t they turn down a lot of Robert’s ideas because he wanted to cast Rose McGowan in everything he came up with.