Bruce Willis and band in extras from Sin City DVD.

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
ingloriousbastard

Bruce Willis and band in extras from Sin City DVD.

Post by ingloriousbastard » Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:50 pm

I watched the extras from the sin city DVD and loved the extra footage of Bruce Willis being backed by a band as they seemed to perform original hits...

does this band actually exist or was it a one of thing? have they a cd out? has anyone got a recording of that footage/gig?

thanks

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Bruce Willis and band in extras from Sin City DVD.

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:24 pm

I've read about Bruce and band doing charity gigs and such... That's about it.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Geoi wrote: I've read about Bruce and band doing charity gigs and such... That's about it.
he plays the harmonica.  gimme a break!  my son can play a harmonica.  just a rich guy who paid for top notch blues musicians to play backing tracks while he blows on a harp.

ingloriousbastard

Post by ingloriousbastard » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:01 pm

what was his backing band called/the backing band?

I didnt thinkthey were that bad.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:21 pm

Bruce had a pop single in the 80s, a cover of the old song "Respect Yourself". I remember it. And his singing name was Bruno. I never really followed his music career though. Hey, music is music, if you dig it, its all good.

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:17 pm

PutneySwope wrote: Bruce had a pop single in the 80s, a cover of the old song "Respect Yourself". I remember it. And his singing name was Bruno. I never really followed his music career though. Hey, music is music, if you dig it, its all good.
did he do that while on the cast of moonlighting?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:42 pm

Aww, I loved Moonlighting... My mom and I watched it every week.  He was so cute back then.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

ingloriousbastard

Post by ingloriousbastard » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:57 am

I was trying not to mention is have-a-go music career of the eighties and all that 'under the board walk' stuff lol
but i really liked the stuff he did with the band on teh sin city dvd.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:44 am

Yeah, it was good.  I'm not trying to condescend what you're asking... I loved it too.

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:57 am

Kilgore Trout wrote: he plays the harmonica.  gimme a break!  my son can play a harmonica.  just a rich guy who paid for top notch blues musicians to play backing tracks while he blows on a harp.
WTF? To play a harmonica well is VERY hard. I play a few instruments but I gave up on the harmonica. I could never bend the notes. I learned enough to play some easy kid songs but could not advance because I couldnt get bending notes so I was stuck. I gave up but the hamonica is a cool instrument indeed. You try it.
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

Kilgore Trout

Post by Kilgore Trout » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:18 pm

Knoxville Kingpin wrote: WTF? To play a harmonica well is VERY hard. I play a few instruments but I gave up on the harmonica. I could never bend the notes. I learned enough to play some easy kid songs but could not advance because I couldnt get bending notes so I was stuck. I gave up but the hamonica is a cool instrument indeed. You try it.
I can play harmonica and guitar quite well.  It took me about a decade to get good at the guitar.  It took me a week to get good at the harmonica.  You see....each harmonica has a KEY....B, E, A, D, C, F, etc... If you're playing a blues song in A you pull out a harmonica in the scale of D and start playing it - it won't be long before you figure out that if you draw in at about 1 cm from the left you'll get the one chord with some cool bends....try it.

Mr. Jettah
Real McCoy

Post by Mr. Jettah » Sat Oct 11, 2008 5:35 pm

doesnt he do sum sort of country music ?_? i remember hearin him in the radio a year or two ago and also think there was a harmonica in it. lol xD

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:16 pm

Mr. Jettah wrote: doesnt he do sum sort of country music ?_? i remember hearin him in the radio a year or two ago and also think there was a harmonica in it. lol xD
I think it calls it blues.

I just watched a George Carlin special last night where he just went off on celebrities who sing the blues. He never actually said Bruce's name specifically but I think he said something like "white bald celebrities". He went on for a little bit explaining all the reasons they don't have the right to sing blues music, it was pretty fuckin' funny. 
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:30 pm

Dex wrote: I think it calls it blues.

I just watched a George Carlin special last night where he just went off on celebrities who sing the blues. He never actually said Bruce's name specifically but I think he said something like "white bald celebrities". He went on for a little bit explaining all the reasons they don't have the right to sing blues music, it was pretty fuckin' funny. 
Haha, I remember that sketch. "Why do white people sing the blues, exactly? Cause the espresso machine is jammed?"

God bless George.  ;D