Bruce Willis and band in extras from Sin City DVD

I watched the extras from the sin city DVD and loved the extra footage of Bruce Willis being backed by a band as they seemed to perform original hits…

does this band actually exist or was it a one of thing? have they a cd out? has anyone got a recording of that footage/gig?

thanks

I’ve read about Bruce and band doing charity gigs and such… That’s about it.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I’ve read about Bruce and band doing charity gigs and such… That’s about it.
[/quote]

he plays the harmonica. gimme a break! my son can play a harmonica. just a rich guy who paid for top notch blues musicians to play backing tracks while he blows on a harp.

what was his backing band called/the backing band?

I didnt thinkthey were that bad.

Bruce had a pop single in the 80s, a cover of the old song “Respect Yourself”. I remember it. And his singing name was Bruno. I never really followed his music career though. Hey, music is music, if you dig it, its all good.

[quote=“PutneySwope”]
Bruce had a pop single in the 80s, a cover of the old song “Respect Yourself”. I remember it. And his singing name was Bruno. I never really followed his music career though. Hey, music is music, if you dig it, its all good.
[/quote]
did he do that while on the cast of moonlighting?

Aww, I loved Moonlighting… My mom and I watched it every week. He was so cute back then.

I was trying not to mention is have-a-go music career of the eighties and all that ‘under the board walk’ stuff lol

but i really liked the stuff he did with the band on teh sin city dvd.

Yeah, it was good. I’m not trying to condescend what you’re asking… I loved it too.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
he plays the harmonica. gimme a break! my son can play a harmonica. just a rich guy who paid for top notch blues musicians to play backing tracks while he blows on a harp.
[/quote]

WTF? To play a harmonica well is VERY hard. I play a few instruments but I gave up on the harmonica. I could never bend the notes. I learned enough to play some easy kid songs but could not advance because I couldnt get bending notes so I was stuck. I gave up but the hamonica is a cool instrument indeed. You try it.

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
WTF? To play a harmonica well is VERY hard. I play a few instruments but I gave up on the harmonica. I could never bend the notes. I learned enough to play some easy kid songs but could not advance because I couldnt get bending notes so I was stuck. I gave up but the hamonica is a cool instrument indeed. You try it.
[/quote]

I can play harmonica and guitar quite well. It took me about a decade to get good at the guitar. It took me a week to get good at the harmonica. You see…each harmonica has a KEY…B, E, A, D, C, F, etc… If you’re playing a blues song in A you pull out a harmonica in the scale of D and start playing it - it won’t be long before you figure out that if you draw in at about 1 cm from the left you’ll get the one chord with some cool bends…try it.

doesnt he do sum sort of country music ?_? i remember hearin him in the radio a year or two ago and also think there was a harmonica in it. lol xD

[quote=“Mr. Jettah”]
doesnt he do sum sort of country music ?_? i remember hearin him in the radio a year or two ago and also think there was a harmonica in it. lol xD
[/quote]

I think it calls it blues.

I just watched a George Carlin special last night where he just went off on celebrities who sing the blues. He never actually said Bruce’s name specifically but I think he said something like “white bald celebrities”. He went on for a little bit explaining all the reasons they don’t have the right to sing blues music, it was pretty fuckin’ funny.

[quote=“Dex”]
I think it calls it blues.

I just watched a George Carlin special last night where he just went off on celebrities who sing the blues. He never actually said Bruce’s name specifically but I think he said something like “white bald celebrities”. He went on for a little bit explaining all the reasons they don’t have the right to sing blues music, it was pretty fuckin’ funny.
[/quote]

Haha, I remember that sketch. "Why do white people sing the blues, exactly? Cause the espresso machine is jammed?"

God bless George. ;D