Is Rodriguez still making Machete?

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Dex
Fucking Professional

Re: Is Rodriguez still making Machete?

Post by Dex » Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:33 pm

So Jessica Alba is supposed to be in the too? The more I hear about this movie the more excited I get.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Aug 06, 2009 7:39 pm

I like Jessica Alba.  She one of the few actresses that have grabbed my attention.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:08 pm

Plot: The feature version of the trailer finds Machete (Trejo) a renegade former Mexican Federale, roaming the streets of Texas after a shakedown from drug lord Torrez (Seagal). Reluctantly, Machete takes an offer from spin doctor Benz (Fahey) to assassinate McLaughlin (De Niro) a corrupt Senator. Double crossed and on the run Machete braves the odds with the help of Luz (Rodriguez), a saucy taco slinger, Padre (Marin) his "holy" brother, and April (Lohan) a socialite with a penchant for guns. All while being tracked by Sartana (Alba), a sexy ICE agent with a special interest in the blade slinger.

"'Machete' had become my most requested movie and I never actually made it, so when the opportunity arose to answer the call with such an amazing cast, I jumped." said Rodriguez.

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 89&count=0

dandadub
Hard Drinker

Post by dandadub » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:03 pm

Will this be done in grindhouse style!? i wouldv preffered that to be honest. although the cast is quite good id have preferred the actors from the original trailer

Revenge is a dish best served cold

nonsse
Hard Drinker

Post by nonsse » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:39 pm

dandadub wrote: Will this be done in grindhouse style!? i wouldv preffered that to be honest. although the cast is quite good id have preferred the actors from the original trailer
You mean Jeff Fahey and Cheech Marin? As to my understanding they're in the movie and playing the same characters as in the trailer, correct me if I'm wrong.

What comes to the cast mostly, I think it's the most random I've seen. :D Not in a bad way, of course. When a movie has Robert De Niro and the script written by Robert Rodriguez, it can't be poor. Still, Steven Seagel is the one who concerns me the most. Never liked the guy or his movies, but hopefully Rodriguez gets something out of him. Is his role even a big one?

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:57 pm

I don't think it matters if his role is big or if he can act or not. If it's anything like the trailer even the really good actors will be hamming it up quite a bit.

Glaurung
Kiddo

Post by Glaurung » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:10 pm

Don't worry Seagal knows how to act...

(only one role... :P)

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:17 pm

Seagal discussion? Where's Hung? :D

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:48 pm

First Look: Lindsay Lohan on "Machete" Set

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.p ... 98&count=0

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:28 pm

If the last picture is from "He gets the women" part I'm disappointed if they are in bikini! :D
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

dandadub
Hard Drinker

Post by dandadub » Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:55 pm

NonStop wrote: First Look: Lindsay Lohan on "Machete" Set

theres plenty nicer women in the world then lindsay lohan. i would but i dont know why she gets some much credit

dandadub
Hard Drinker

Post by dandadub » Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:01 pm

will robert be shooting this as one movie or the three? because the sin city trilogy wont be happening at this stage, if he doesnt shoot as much material as three movies well never see a machete trilogy

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:16 pm

Pretty sure it's just the one movie for now. I don't think anyone's gonna bank that much money on a fake trailer turned movie.

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sun Aug 16, 2009 9:28 pm

NonStop wrote: First Look: Lindsay Lohan on "Machete" Set

Haha, I love the comments on that site.

"I see they took out the pictures of Lohan bent over and on her back at the audition.."

;D

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Post by Eastern Beauty » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:53 pm

So he's already making it! That's awesme! 8)
Anybody here remember me? Anyone?!

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:22 am

Wow, maybe she was just taking a bad picture on that day but she doesn't look sexy in the fucking least. Maybe in the tradition of grindhouse movies they just cast her because she isn't a star anymore. Kinda like Cuba Gooding jr. and Val Kilmer in all those straight to dvd flicks.

Is Robert directing?
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:30 pm

Nope. Well, he's co-directing and I think that pretty much means that he's only directing the stuff they shot when they did the trailer. Someone else has taken over.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:43 pm

In a way the cast is filled with struggling stars, it's very easy for them to start slipping away if they don't make a successful picture out of it. I doubt Lindsay Lohan will be able to make another film if no one sees this. Michelle Rodriguez has been heavily typecast as the chick with a dick - all bravado and no soul, and roles like those have diminished completely. I think Michelle can be a decent actress, she can act and look very pretty, but for some reason she just wants to kick ass. She doesn't have the skill of a Bette Davis to back up serious roles, so she's in the middle of a frustrating Hollywood. I think Hollywood could use a woman's director right about now. There used to be guys like Cukor and Mankiewicz, George Stevens, and even Ernst Lubitsch and Clarence Brown. All we have now is Quentin.....and........Quentin.

Well a woman's director y'know - some people call them.....er, well. But they're not. Except for Cukor who many people suspect was. But they still make incredible films.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:33 pm

I thought Michelle Rodriguez was awesome on Lost. She still pretty much played the tough cop chick but the character had a lot more depth than she's usually given to play with and she knocked it outta the park. In my opinion anyway.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:45 pm

No, she's good. I like her when I see her on the screen. I'm just saying that tough chick roles aren't as hot anymore as they were back in 2000-2004. I think after Aeon Flux, Elektra and Ultravioltet flopped not many studios released more of these pictures and Michelle Rodriguez faded after working with Uwe Boll. Let's face it the people from Fast and Furious misadvertised the crappy movie by making us think she was going to be in it! And she was on the screen for like eight minutes! She used to have second billing in the movies, now she holds like third or fourth billing in ever movie she does. I'm just saying if Machete fails, a lot of good people will go down with it. Not Michelle though, she's doing Avatar with Cameron - she can still find work.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:04 pm

Yeah, I was just saying that she's got potential to do more than just play the tough chick. I still haven't read the Machete script yet so I don't really know what she's doing in it. I assume it's a tough chick. Which I'm cool with as long as her and Jessica Alba have a fight scene. Preferably in the rain while wearing thin white clothing.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:15 pm

Yeah that would be the most epic fight between two latin girls! And then they'll start kissing afterwards as they start to rub each other's boobies! Now that's a movie!

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Speaking of sexploitation fight scenes; What ever happened to Robert's proposed "Women in Chains" series? I did a google search and can't find anything on it since it was announced.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:55 am

Dex wrote:Speaking of sexploitation fight scenes; What ever happened to Robert's proposed "Women in Chains" series? I did a google search and can't find anything on it since it was announced.
It's becouse it ain't an actual movie.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:10 pm

Nobody said it was. It was supposed to be a TV show. They announced it last summer. He was gonna direct the Pilot and executive produce. I'm guessing it just didn't get picked up, but I don't think they even shot the Pilot. It's weird though. When "Women in Chains" was announced there were already two other Women in Prison style shows in development and none of those have happened either.

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:08 am

Sorry, if someone has posted this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiFS_pqHcU4
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:00 am

Machete is gonna be so badass when it comes out, I cant fucking wait.

looneybone
Cowardly Lion

Post by looneybone » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:13 pm

i got to go several times to watch him film, i met him. but DID NOT have a camera on me DOH!!!!!!!!
and and he says the parts from the trailer from Grindhouse will be in the movie, he used those parts made the movie around those. AND he had written the script years ago before grindhouse, they made the trailer fir grindhouse to see reaction and if it would be a good project,

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:16 pm

looneybone wrote:i got to go several times to watch him film, i met him. but DID NOT have a camera on me DOH!!!!!!!!
and and he says the parts from the trailer from Grindhouse will be in the movie, he used those parts made the movie around those. AND he had written the script years ago before grindhouse, they made the trailer fir grindhouse to see reaction and if it would be a good project,
Cool. Did he shoot it all in Austin?