Robert & Rose: O.V.E.R?

From Perez Hilton:

[quote]
Looks like a few leading lady roles may be opening up in Hollywoodland!

Rose McGowan and director Robert Rodriguez are done…over…finished, according to an industry insider.

It’s been previously reported that McGowan was to star in at least three upcoming Rodriguez projects: a Barbarella remake, Red Sonja and Woman in Chains.

Rumor has it that Rodriguez couldn’t find adequate financing for Barbarella because proposed star Rose is not a big enough name, which led to a major blow up between the two.

Sounds like Rodriguez probably cut the ‘muse’ loose!

This could be good…but most likely bad

The suits want Jessica Alba to take the Barbarella lead role.

We don’t think any Don’t Call Me Latina movies have ever done well!

Oh, yeah, we hear Robert has already moved on. Sources tell us he recently entertained a couple of ladies in his hot tub at his Texas home.

Play on player![/quote]

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.nypost.com/seven/07022008/go … 118089.htm”>H’WOOD SPLIT GOOD FOR JESSICA | Page Six</LINK_TEXT>

ROSE McGowan’s breakup with her fiancé, director Robert Rodriguez, could be good news for some other actresses, who could end up with the leading roles she was set to play in his movies.

McGowan was hoping to star in at least three planned Rodriguez films - a remake of “Barbarella,” “Red Sonja” and “Woman in Chains!”

But sources say the couple, who we reported last October were engaged, have split, partly over the problems Rodriguez had finding financing for “Barbarella” - the 1968 cult classic in which Jane Fonda played a sexy space adven- turess - with McGowan in the title role.

McGowan, best known for her witchy role on TV’s “Charmed,” wasn’t thought to have enough box-office draw for the $70 million remake, especially after “Grindhouse” disappointed with about $25.4 million in domestic ticket sales.

“Too bad ‘Grindhouse’ didn’t gross $100 million. Then, maybe, ‘Barbarella’ would have gotten the green light,” said one source. "Instead, the moguls were saying, ‘We need a bigger star, a bigger name.’ "

Jessica Alba has been touted as a possible replacement.

Rodriguez - who directed the “Spy Kids” movies as well as “From Dusk Till Dawn” and

“Sin City” - was wed for 16 years to, and had five kids with, Elizabeth Avellan before he directed McGowan in “Grindhouse.”

Page Six first reported their on-set affair in April 2006, and Variety reported how filming had to be halted when Avellan learned of the romance: “The production had to shut down for a month while she recovered” from the revelation’s aftermath.

In May 2007, Rodriguez and McGowan went out publicly for the first time at the Cannes Film Festival. In October, she was wearing a big diamond ring. No word on whether she gave it back now that their wedding plans are off.

Rodriguez has too many films planned, and he just needs to concentrate on one. Rose was probably holding him down.

I knew this romance wasn’t going to last. ::slight_smile: She was just a moderately successful rapidly aging actress trying to hook onto a director that could funnel work her way. When that didn’t work out, she dumped him. Plus the guy has five kids and an ex wife he still works with. Do you really think that Rose McGowan was going to leave Hollyweird to go hang out in Austin and play evil stepmom to his five kids while he’s still working with his ex-wife? Uh no I don’t think so. Rodriguez should just make his life easier and get back with his ex wife. Robert has too much baggage for any other relationship. >:D

Rose must give great blow jo… :o

[quote=“moussemaker”]

McGowan was hoping to star in at least three planned Rodriguez films - a remake of “Barbarella,” “Red Sonja” and “Woman in Chains!”

[/quote]

What the fuck? Three remakes? Running out of ideas, Rob?

I wouldn’t go there, Scarface, if I was you. I tried to slate Robert’s originality not long back on here and was shot down for not appreciating how cool he really was.

Scarface can say whatever he wants, he’s a badass QTA veteran.

Where did these sites get the idea that she wasn’t gonna be in the films anymore? Like was said earlier, he still works with his ex-wife why can’t he produce shit his ex-girlfriend is in?

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

I’m pretty sure none of those films will actually happen anyway, but he did just write and is currently directing an original film right now. I think he’s kind of in a place right now where he’s trying to do bigger movies than he’s done in the past but after the flop of GrindHouse the studios don’t really want to take too many chances on him. He’s never really had the name recognition where people are gonna come in droves just because he’s behind the camera so they’re offering him movies with an audience already built in. Basically he’s taking what he can get, I think.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
I wouldn’t go there, Scarface, if I was you. I tried to slate Robert’s originality not long back on here and was shot down for not appreciating how cool he really was.
[/quote]

You didn’t say anything about his originality. You said he was a loser and a lazy filmmaker who didn’t make movies as meaningful as Tarantino, Scorsesee, or the Cohens.

He is a lazy filmmaker, based on the fact that he has no decent original material.

Sin City might be visually stunning, but the story/characters/city belongs to Frank Miller.

So he’s lazy because you don’t like his work?

How long are you going to cry over this?

Can you not handle the fact that someone doesn’t think he’s original, exciting or energetic in his filmmaking?

I am this bored of this so called debate. It isn’t even a debate anymore. I’ve had better arguments with a 6 year old.

I heard Robert’s shwing-shwong was too big too fit inside Rose’s vajingo! :o

Rodriguez is kick ass in my book.

I hope he got his dick wet!

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]

I’m sure any man would just fall out of her…

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]
And it took them more than 2 years to find that out?

Anyway, according to www.people.com they did not break up.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
How long are you going to cry over this?

Can you not handle the fact that someone doesn’t think he’s original, exciting or energetic in his filmmaking?
[/quote]

Messing with you is the only thing of interest left to do here. I can’t stop because your argument changes every time I respond. First he was a loser, than he was lazy, than he wasn’t one of your top three directors now he’s unoriginal. The argument would have ended long ago if you didn’t keep “adjusting” your main point.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
I am this bored of this so called debate. It isn’t even a debate anymore. I’ve had better arguments with a 6 year old.
[/quote]

Arguments do tend to be more interesting when they’re between equals.

[quote=“moussemaker”]
Anyway, according to www.people.com they did not break up.
[/quote]

I kinda figured it was all bullshit.

Haha. You kids shouldn’t play so rough.

Biohazard, you made me laugh out loud for realz with this. v

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]

[quote=“Scarface”]
[/quote]

Why the fuck doesn’t he finish off Machete, even if it is direct to DVD, and then make Sin City 2. Both films would be loved, with the latter most likely gaining loads of acclaim.

[quote=“NonStop”]
Why the fuck doesn’t he finish off Machete, even if it is direct to DVD, and then make Sin City 2. Both films would be loved, with the latter most likely gaining loads of acclaim.
[/quote]

Yeah, he’s kinda turning into Tarantino in that sense where he seems to kind of think out loud and create a buzz for projects that aren’t going to happen for years. Last I read on it was in March and Danny Trejo seemed pretty convinced they were going to start filming “when he finishes another project he is currently working on” and that Dimension Films wants a trilogy.

So I don’t know, maybe they’re gonna do it after Shorts?

[quote=“Dex”]
Yeah, he’s kinda turning into Tarantino in that sense where he seems to kind of think out loud and create a buzz for projects that aren’t going to happen for years. Last I read on it was in March and Danny Trejo seemed pretty convinced they were going to start filming “when he finishes another project he is currently working on” and that Dimension Films wants a trilogy.

So I don’t know, maybe they’re gonna do it after Shorts?
[/quote]

God knows. I wish he’d hurry up and settle with something.