Robert Rodriguez and Rose McGowan to Make Red Sonja

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new … owan_N.htm”>Robert Rodriguez reteams with Rose McGowan in 'Red Sonja' - USATODAY.com</LINK_TEXT>

It’s funny the title of the article is ‘Robert Rodriguez to Direct Rose McGowan in Red Sonja’ but the second to last paragraph says it’s going to be directed by Douglas Aarniokoski. I’ve never read the books or seen the movie but if they get Rose to wear the comic book costume I might just have to check it out.

He needs to get Sin City 2 done, finally.

I think there’s an issue with the Weinstiens on that one. I’ve never seen an actual quote but apparently Frank Miller laid the blame on them at Comic Con last year. Some say it’s got to do with the fact that Grind House tanked so badly and the general fact that the Weinsteins have had a pretty shitty track record financially since going out on their own. Doesn’t really make sense to me though since the first Sin City did well and 300 was a monster hit. Sin City 2 just seems like money in the bank.

omg what is up with these two aready need to stop this shit

I thought Douglas Aarniokoski was just a 1st AD.

When will this deluded fucktard realise that not everyone, especially the movie going public, think the sun shines out of Rose McGowan’s fat arse. She can’t carry a film, hence her not being cast in many of them.

He’s such a loser now.

He needs to make Shark Boy and Lava Girl Part 2 ASAP.

And I might even not be kidding.

What does the “D” on his hat stand for, Yasmin? :police:

Dunce :slight_smile:

[quote=“Geoi”]
I thought Douglas Aarniokoski was just a 1st AD.
[/quote]

I think this will be his solo debut.

[quote=“Yasmin”]When will this deluded fucktard realise that not everyone, especially the movie going public, think the sun shines out of Rose McGowan’s fat arse. She can’t carry a film, hence her not being cast in many of them. [/quote]

You seem to take this a little too personal. I thought she carried Planet Terror pretty well for what it was. Besides, the USA Today article makes it seem as if somebody offered her the role and then she showed the script to Robert. Anyway, I read a couple of the comics yesterday and it doesn’t really seem like the type of role that’s going to be too demanding. I don’t think they’re looking to make an art house film about a chain mail bikini clad warrior girl.

With the character not having the biggest built in audience the studio probly figured they’d need a somewhat well known actress to make up for it. How many halfway decent semi well known actresses out there would be willing to wear this all day?

The only other two I can think of are Keira Knightly and Rosario and Dawson and neither of them fit the look.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
When will this deluded fucktard realise that not everyone, especially the movie going public, think the sun shines out of Rose McGowan’s fat arse. She can’t carry a film, hence her not being cast in many of them.

He’s such a loser now.

[/quote]

That is just the shittest thing I think I’ve ever read. I don’t like Rose McG anymore than the next person, but Robert is still cooler than most filmmakers out there. Reason being, he does WHATEVER HE WANTS, and STILL hasn’t let me down!

Sorry mate, but If someone disses RR on mere speculation, I have to stand up, just like I would for QT if someone was dissing him. Don’t call him a loser please.

He’s a loser. He’s a such a loser that he needs to be immortalised in the dictionary, in pictorial form under the description LOSER.

He might have a few decent movies, but he’s no Tarantino, he’s no Scorsese, he’s no Coen. He has such a lazy approach to filmmaking and most of his work has very little substance or complexities that you find in movies delivered by those filmmakers.

If anyone else but him had have gone to a major movie studio with the screenplay of Sharkboy and Lava Girl (Based on an idea of a 6 year old kid) do you think it would have been made? Fuck that. It would have been screwed up and shoved into a bin, where it belonged. Instead, Robert, having far too many resources at his fingertips, not only gets to make this movie, but mentally brainwashes the Weinstein brothers into distrubuting it. I think part of me died when I watched that with my niece and nephew.

Now he’s coming up with ideas to remake any movie starring his mistress which embarassingly for them, no studio is willing to pick up, despite what they’re telling the press.

He is not ‘cooler’ than most filmmakers out there, he’s probably a huge laughing stock among his peers, given how lazy, shoddy and downright awful the majority of his films truly are. Do you honestly believe he inspires anyone but a student filmmaker who could probably deliver a better film than he could?

I don’t think Ethan and Joel Coen will sit down to watch Once Upon A Time In Mexico and say to each other… “See that bro? That’s what we shoulda been doin’ all this time… just to be as cool as that Rodriguez guy”

[quote=“Yasmin”]
He’s a loser. He’s a such a loser that he needs to be immortalised in the dictionary, in pictorial form under the description LOSER.

He might have a few decent movies, but he’s no Tarantino, he’s no Scorsese, he’s no Coen. He has such a lazy approach to filmmaking and most of his work has very little substance or complexities that you find in movies delivered by those filmmakers.
[/quote]

Lazy approach to film making? How do you get that? The guy writes, directs, edits, casts, and even does the fucking score for most of his movies. That’s not to mention how fast and cheap he manages to make his movies. Lazy film makers are the guys who work so slow they have to have two or three crews just to get the film in the can in under three months.

[quote=“Yasmin”]If anyone else but him had have gone to a major movie studio with the screenplay of Sharkboy and Lava Girl (Based on an idea of a 6 year old kid) do you think it would have been made? Fuck that. It would have been screwed up and shoved into a bin, where it belonged. Instead, Robert, having far too many resources at his fingertips, not only gets to make this movie, but mentally brainwashes the Weinstein brothers into distrubuting it. I think part of me died when I watched that with my niece and nephew. [/quote]

That’s because no other director would have been able to do it for less than $100 million. Plus Robert had street cred when it comes to kids movies. The Spy Kids movies were extremely profitable considering their low budgets.

[quote=“Yasmin”]Now he’s coming up with ideas to remake any movie starring his mistress which embarassingly for them, no studio is willing to pick up, despite what they’re telling the press. [/quote]

Like I said before, when it comes to Red Sonja, it seems pretty clear that the studio came to them and Rodriguez is only producing. The Barbarella remake was brought to him by Dino De Laurentiis and his wife.

[quote=“Yasmin”]I don’t think Ethan and Joel Coen will sit down to watch Once Upon A Time In Mexico and say to each other… “See that bro? That’s what we shoulda been doin’ all this time… just to be as cool as that Rodriguez guy”
[/quote]

That’s just mindless. Every film maker has to be on par with the Coen Brothers or they’re lazy and shoddy? Seriously, you put him up against three directors who make completely different movies. Compare him to Michael Bay or Peter Berg. Current action directors. Even still The Coens, Tarantino, and Scorsese aren’t most directors, they’re three of the best and Scorsese hasn’t been “cool” for a long time. I’m not even sure how you got to a point where you were lumping four completely different artists together. That’s like putting Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretzky, and Babe Ruth on the same pedestal.

I need Sin City 2, Barbella, and Machete.

Robert might write, direct, produce, compose and whatever else he does, but it isn’t like any of his work is gold is it? He’s making big buget student films. Hardly the work of a filmmaking genius.

Dex… instead of trying to challenge me, it’s best just to swallow what I’ve posted and try not to choke on it. I have my opinion and you have yours. End of.

Ugh. I think you are WAY off-base here. Harvey Weinstein asked Robert to come up with another 3D kids movie because Spy Kids 3D was doing so well. Robert was planning to take some time off as he’d just done like three features in a year. When he told Harvey about Racer’s characters, Harvey went for it, and pushed RR into starting it.

You don’t like his movies, fine. His style doesn’t appeal to everyone. There is no excuse for calling him a loser though.

[quote=“Yasmin”]
Robert might write, direct, produce, compose and whatever else he does, but it isn’t like any of his work is gold is it? He’s making big buget student films. Hardly the work of a filmmaking genius.

Dex… instead of trying to challenge me, it’s best just to swallow what I’ve posted and try not to choke on it. I have my opinion and you have yours. End of.
[/quote]

Just because we don’t agree doesn’t mean I’m trying to challenge you or change your opinion. This is a discussion forum after all. I just think that most of your statements were completely unbalanced and wanted to show the other side of the coin. Yes we both have differing opinions but I don’t see why that has to be the end of it. Like I said this is a discussion forum. If you want to spout your opinions without a response go get yourself a journal.

[quote=“Dex”]
Like I said this is a discussion forum. If you want to spout your opinions without a response go get yourself a journal.
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D

[quote=“Dex”]
I just think that most of your statements were completely unbalanced and wanted to show the other side of the coin.[/quote]

And you’re not trying to challenge my opinion?

Welcome to the other side of the coin. Isn’t it shiny!

Nope, I’m just stating mine.

Dex is just too cool to be arsed with the likes of such an idiotic debate. It would be more an arguement than a debate. And Yasmin, you’ve already made it abundantly clear that there could be no winner, because you will refuse you admit you’re wrong.