Women in Chains TV Show!

Just saw THIS on AICN today:

“Hey folks, Grande Rojo here… in Coaxial. I’m not over here much. Usually it’s Herc’s domain - but from time to time there’s a show that gets me excited. This time… it’s not a show, not quite yet. You see - today - Execs across the various network and cable outlets are ripping into one of their most anticipated spec show packages they’ve had in quite some time.

It’s a project that was conceived and written by Josh Miller and his writing partner M.A. Fortin. Now I can’t find out anything about M.A. Fortin - but Josh Miller - I know him. He’s the son of Jason “EXORCIST” Miller and Sue “FASTER PUSSYCAT KILL KILL” Bernard. He was also that awesome kid in NEAR DARK. Well, as I heard it - these two decided to head out into the desert for 40 days and 40 nights to conceive and write a Television Show that left a mark… reddish and slightly raised at that. They conceived a show with Sadistic Guards, Cafeteria Hosedowns, Mud Wrestling, Violent Vendettas - a women in prison exploitation show called WOMEN IN CHAINS! Yes, with a fucking exclamation - because that’s what this show is… an exclamation.

Now here’s the astonishing part… Signed on board to produce and direct is none other than Robert Rodriguez! And the pitch perfect for this project ROSE McGOWAN will be starring as one of the 5 main femmes in chains!

From what I’ve heard - the Networks are hunting the show - with Robert and Rose’s involvement - they’re wanting to take the leap - but I have to say… I’ve looked at some of this project and while I’m sure in the age of NIP/TUCK - we have the Networks pushing what is showing on Broadcast Television… I have to say - I’m praying to the big Satellite in the sky - that HBO picks this sucker up.

This is classic Exploitation material - kicked up several notches and man… It’d be bliss on HBO. At the same time - I’d be amazed to tune in to just see what the show would get away with on the Networks. I just know this show would own BAD GIRLS!

From what I’m hearing - we’ll probably hear about the project putting down an anchor somewhere soon this week - but I just felt you folks should hear about it first!”

Talk about an exploitation fans dream TV show come true! They gotta do this! 8)

I hope it ends up on Showtime or F/X. It more than likely won’t end up on HBO since they’ve already got a women in prison show in the works. I’m pretty sure Fox won’t pick it up either since they’ve got the Prison Break spin-off in the pipeline. To me it’s just not worth it though if it’s going to be on commercial television.

How does this happen that all of a sudden there’s three women in prison tv shows all at about the same stage of development?

this does even sound good he need to leave this shit aloneand go back to his roots

He’s gotta be just doing it for the pussy. If Rose McG wasn’t involved, he’d have nothing to do with it. I’m not excited to see this at all.

Rodriguez, McGowan, chains

joblo is on to it now, as well

[quote=“Geoi”]
He’s gotta be just doing it for the pussy. If Rose McG wasn’t involved, he’d have nothing to do with it. I’m not excited to see this at all.
[/quote]

isn’t that the reason we do everything? I wouldn’t wake up in the morning without the knowledge that I might get some pussy that day.

I think this could be a really good show but it all depends on where the project lands. It sounds like they’re going for a more exploitation themed Women in Prison series than the other two that are in production right now. If that’s the case they need to get on a network that will actually allow them to do it. Since the birth of FX networks like NBC and ABC have been getting more and more edgy but it’s usually in terms of violence. For this show to work it’s characters are gonna have to be able to get naked and swear like drunken sailors.

I think the whole “He’s doing it for the pussy” shit is just plain dumb. Robert has been able to do whatever he wants since Desperado. I don’t think that’s changed just cause he’s dating a semi-famous actress. It’s probly more the opposite. She takes roles in his stuff because he’s the only one offering her roles without an audition. He probly won’t even have much to do with the show if it gets picked up for a full season. He’s just directing the pilot.

A satisfying Exploitation experience on TV in today’s prude and overly PC America? Yeah sure.

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
isn’t that the reason we do everything? I wouldn’t wake up in the morning without the knowledge that I might get some pussy that day.
[/quote]

Must be strange to be a guy.

[quote=“Crazy Kenneth”]
A satisfying Exploitation experience on TV in today’s prude and overly PC America? Yeah sure.
[/quote]

Like I said, if it’s on the right network it can work. American TV is far from prudish and PC. Have you seen some of the shit they show on “CSI”? Even “Heroes” gets away with showing corpses who’s skulls have been emptied. Maybe I was wrong to say that a show like this shouldn’t end up on a network like NBC. If nothing else, this show will push the boundaries even further. It’ll gradually loosen the FCC’s grip on entertainment in the same way the current administration has gradually sucked our rights away from us.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Must be strange to be a guy.
[/quote]

Strange doesn’t even begin to cover it.

[quote=“Dex”]

I think the whole “He’s doing it for the pussy” shit is just plain dumb. Robert has been able to do whatever he wants since Desperado. I don’t think that’s changed just cause he’s dating a semi-famous actress. It’s probly more the opposite. She takes roles in his stuff because he’s the only one offering her roles without an audition. He probly won’t even have much to do with the show if it gets picked up for a full season. He’s just directing the pilot.
[/quote]

Aw shit Dex. You know what? I think you’re right.

Still not caring about it though. I think the only prison movie I ever liked was Shawshank Redemption. I couldn’t even make it through like 3 episodes of Oz. I hate jails, and prisons, and convicts, and jailers.

Yeah, I probly wouldn’t be nearly as interested if it weren’t for Robert’s involvement.

True dat. I’ll watch anything Robert does. Doesn’t mean I will eagerly anticipate this.

I think it has the potential to be pretty cool if its done right.

Oh, and what a shocker to see Rose McGowan’s name mentioned!

the reason I think it’s never gonna happen the way we fanboy/filmgeeks would like to is, because so far it’s reportedly being aimed for TV. you can’t do crazy nc-17 shit on TV. you can’t even do rated R on TV

[quote=“Geoi”]
Aw shit Dex. You know what? I think you’re right.

Still not caring about it though. I think the only prison movie I ever liked was Shawshank Redemption. I couldn’t even make it through like 3 episodes of Oz. I hate jails, and prisons, and convicts, and jailers.
[/quote]

you didn’t like Escape from Alcatraz?

neither did I!

[quote=“Kilgore Trout”]
you didn’t like Escape from Alcatraz?

neither did I!
[/quote]

Actually, I did like that one. I thought about mentioning it, but I wasn’t sure how to spell Alcatraz, and was too lazy to look it up.

[quote=“Geoi”]
I think the only prison movie I ever liked was Shawshank Redemption. I couldn’t even make it through like 3 episodes of Oz. I hate jails, and prisons, and convicts, and jailers.
[/quote]

Come on what about Cool Hand Luke? Paul Newman rules!