Rob-Rod Merch

Rob-Rod should be his new nickname, it sounds awesome. Anyways have any of you noticed Robert’s OUATIM T-shirt in the DVD. I must have that shirt! This is the part where you guys give me links to buy it.

La cucaracha, la cucaracha - dah-dah-dah-duh-dah-duh-dah-duh, weed is awesome

Haha. Weed is indeed awesome. ;D

I ordered a Chingon shirt, and I never got it. I got the CD though. I want more RR merch. I want it all.

Gee, I don’t want to hear your life’s story, I just want to know where you bought them. By the way how tall is Edgar Wright? And why is he wearing that silly costume?

Heh, fucker. Edgar’s like 5’7. He, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg all dressed in tejano looking cowboy shirts for their Q&A in Austin.

I bought them at chingon.com, but Sebastian posted a link in the Chingon thread that will take you to the amazon shop.

[quote=“Geoi”]
Heh, fucker. Edgar’s like 5’7. He, Nick Frost and Simon Pegg all dressed in tejano looking cowboy shirts for their Q&A in Austin.

I bought them at chingon.com, but Sebastian posted a link in the Chingon thread that will take you to the amazon shop.
[/quote]

That Sebby Bear and his crazy links. I guess amazon has it all.

Heart of Darkness, written by Joseph Conrad, is a tale within a tale about the horrors that Marlow encountered during his voyage, far away from civilization, into the true heart of man.

Conrad not only provides the reader with an interesting storyline and profound characters, but also gives his opinion to the question of the nature of man, as he argues that when people face death, they show their true, evil colours.

It being a tale shows how dream-like and blurry his experience was. He not only faced a new dangerous land and its inhabitants, but also a mirror that reflected his own spiritual essence, as he slowly took off all the masks of the rich world he came from. The jungle brought him back to his roots, for self preservation was the only thing in is mind. The shadow of brutality and evil that imperialism has put over Africa, not only consumed the land but also the people. Some of them managed to escape the horror, others, such as Kurtz, became its victim. He came into the new land and began to exploit it, without realizing that he was also being exploited himself. The jungle devoured him and he became a part of it. However, he was not completely dead, as his soul survived. Towards the end of the novella, Kurtz is described as nothing but a “voiceâ€

SAQ Outlines

A:

One theoretical explanation of behavioural change is Thorndike’s law of effect.

• Operant conditioning
  • claims that certain behaviour will be continued if they are rewarded positively, if not, they will be discontinued
  • the law of effect makes no reference to reducing hunger, desire to escape, or other mentalistic concepts, the observational nature of the principle was one of the factors which attracted the attention of Watson and later behaviourists
  • laid the foundation of the study of non-reflex behaviour (voluntary actions)
  • responses are initiated by the organism as part of dealing with its surroundings, not as a reflex triggered by an environmental stiumulus

B: Study: Thorndike’s Cats

• put cats in a puzzle box, in which they had to press a lever in order to escape and receive food
  • performance improved, as it took the cats less and less time to press the lever each time they were put in the box (behavioural change – learning)
  • the satisfying outcome led to the behaviour being repeated

Question 2

Experimentation

Applied by Burrhus Frederic Skinner, with the Skinner Box.

• Tried to simplify Thorndike’s constructions
  • Frequency became the major aspect of behaviour, instead of intensity, duration or quality
  • He called it an “auto-environmental apparatusâ€

I read “heart of darkness” it was ok.