Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake!! OMFG

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Dman 23
Kiddo

Re: Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake!! OMFG

Post by Dman 23 » Sat May 26, 2007 6:26 am

do u think hell have anything for us at comic con this year like that sin city 2 preview pr a barbarella test

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sat May 26, 2007 7:14 am

Dman 23 wrote: do u think hell have anything for us at comic con this year like that sin city 2 preview pr a barbarella test
hopefully sin city two preview.

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Sat May 26, 2007 6:10 pm

I feel Rodriquez's adult films have only gotten better... I love Planet Terror, Sin City, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico... while it seems his kid films have gotten worse, seriously, Spy Kids 3d and Sharkboy and Lava Girl were pretty atrocious... If this is any sort of sign, I would hope he would stop making kids films, but again, I'm not a kid, so this is a biased opinion.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sat May 26, 2007 6:11 pm

helu wrote: I feel Rodriquez's adult films have only gotten better... I love Planet Terror, Sin City, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico... while it seems his kid films have gotten worse, seriously, Spy Kids 3d and Sharkboy and Lava Girl were pretty atrocious... If this is any sort of sign, I would hope he would stop making kids films, but again, I'm not a kid, so this is a biased opinion.
yea well actually once upon a time in mexico went down desperado was way better,

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Sat May 26, 2007 8:31 pm

First there was the rumor of  QT remaking Come Drink With Me, and now this. Fuck this remake shit. QT and RR should direct their own material, remakes are for hacks.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Sat May 26, 2007 8:58 pm

Scarface was a remake but completely fucking different then the original and better imo. I think this was just a late april fools day joke if you ask me.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Sat May 26, 2007 9:26 pm

Jjp wrote: yea well actually once upon a time in mexico went down desperado was way better,
Yeah it goes like this...

El MAriachi > Desperado > Once Upon a Time in Mexico

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Sat May 26, 2007 11:00 pm

Jack Rabbit Slim wrote: Yeah it goes like this...

El MAriachi > Desperado > Once Upon a Time in Mexico
yea i agree it goes down in quality the more he made although i conisder el mariachi and desperado tied.

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Mon May 28, 2007 7:02 pm

I still feel Depp raised OUATM above Desperado. I just feel El Mariachi is an interestping film that is amazing for what it did, but otherwise not all that. I can't rewatch it these days without the commentary. Perhaps my knowledge has been saturated by it, as my favorite book is Rebal without a Crew... I haven't disliked any of his adult films, and I also liked The Faculty...  Now if I could just finally see Roadracers...

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 am

yea but in my opinion and it is listed in the book that Desperado is really just a big budget remake to el mariachi and OUATM is just a video form of the other two in my opinion so really there all the same film re done thats why i like desperado its the greatest done version although the whole brother thing could have been built up on a bit more i was not a bit surprised when i found that out rodriguez is a much better director then writer.

Jelle
Basterd

Post by Jelle » Tue May 29, 2007 10:27 am

Ouatim was way more epic. And it had Depp's character Sands. So that's really cool as well. I may like it even better than Desperado though they're both great.
We don't know his motivation, nor his love-affair. All we know is that he's a hired-assasin ready to kick some butt.

He's called:

The "BICYCLE GUY"

When justice is done, he goes on...

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 30, 2007 1:13 am

his character was great but that dident make the movie great.

Jelle
Basterd

Post by Jelle » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:40 pm

No, it was a great movie but you're right just it wasn't just because of his character. I like the whole idea of 'The man with the guitar, the man with no eyes, the man with no face'. It's just a great epic sequel to Desperado.
We don't know his motivation, nor his love-affair. All we know is that he's a hired-assasin ready to kick some butt.

He's called:

The "BICYCLE GUY"

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:27 pm

Desperado and el mariachi are so much better though.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:15 pm

I agree, he dropped the ball on OUATIM.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 am

Jack Rabbit Slim wrote: I agree, he dropped the ball on OUATIM.
yea not to mention its shitty cinematography that he thought was just the greatest video ever.

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:30 am

I'd watch a Rodriguez Barbarella remake. But I don't really expect too much. I'm not sure where it could go.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:30 am

so would i but i would like sin city film or something that is his idea not a remake.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Fri Jun 29, 2007 10:34 am

Like to see Machete than Sin City...

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:25 am

Barbarella. nice idea, but unless it's NC-17 I'm not interested

mushroomcloud
Kiddo

Post by mushroomcloud » Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:41 pm

Don't have anything against making a remake. It would be fun to see what he can make out of it, but if he is gonna copy or do som shit with the opening sequence of the original, I'm gonna be mad.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:49 pm

me wrote: Like to see Machete than Sin City...
That'd be great.

Jelle
Basterd

Post by Jelle » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:52 am

mushroomcloud wrote: but if he is gonna copy or do som shit with the opening sequence of the original, I'm gonna be mad.
So you don't want him to copy shit, but you don't want him to change things either... Right.

He's called:

The "BICYCLE GUY"

*G*
Fucking Professional

Post by *G* » Sun Jul 15, 2007 7:57 am

This movie will be interesting. Well seeing that he and Tarantino failed trying to bring Grindhouse back and into today's mainstream (even though Grindhouse is now one of my fav movies of all time), making a sexual type movie as this one is one that I would like to see how far he goes with it, because the reason we don't see exploitation movies anymore, is because everyone is afraid that they will harm someone for doing something. We are p*ssys today! The 60's, 70's, and early 80's are the only times that these movies could been pulled off!

Now in these days, we can't have a decent video game now because of too much violence! GIVE ME A BREAK! If you don't want me to get violent, I suggest you release awesome games and movies! LOL!

mushroomcloud
Kiddo

Post by mushroomcloud » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:12 am

Jelle wrote: So you don't want him to copy shit, but you don't want him to change things either... Right.
No! I want him to make changes. If you are going to make a remake, you better find some new aproach to justify the remake or there will be no point in making it.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:46 am

I trust Robert Rodriguez.. this should be interesting.. i think its the sort of film you can make a remake of.. because its not so much about the actual plot line.. you could write allot of different barbarella stories, its not like you have to do the same one..

moussemaker
Basterd

Post by moussemaker » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:05 pm

Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake...
or not.  ;)

Sin City director Robert Rodriguez is letting his heart get in the way of his better judgment with his forthcoming big-budget remake of Barbarella, a source with knowledge of the production told the Transom.

Universal Studios has backed out of backing the movie, whose budget the source pegged at nearly $100 million, because Mr. Rodriguez has insisted on casting his new fiancé, Rose McGowan, in the lead role, famously played by Jane Fonda in the 1968 original directed by Ms. Fonda’s then-husband, Roger Vadim.

The movie depicts a futuristic astronaut who travels the galaxy, seductively conquering everything in her path. More famous names floated for the part included Nicole Kidman, Halle Berry and Jessica Alba.

“It’s sort of embarrassing for everyone involved,â€

Scarface
Fucking Professional

Post by Scarface » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:22 pm

I always said she's gonna ruin his career.

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:27 pm

Rose is playing him like a piano.  She is too old for that role and not well known.   They should use Jessica Alba.  Mark my words ... Rose is going to f##k up his career.  She is going to want to be in every movie he makes including Sin City 2 even if its not a good idea.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:43 pm

Yikes! Sounds messy. I dont know. Maybe he should forget this one and do Sin City 2 or Madman or something else.