Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake!! OMFG

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake!! OMFG

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:11 pm

I wonder if he had her checked for coodies before he started fuckin her.  I know I wouldn't want to exchange bodily fluids with someone that was with MM. 
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

mr blonde_22
Basterd

Re: Robert Rodriguez to direct BARBARELLA remake!! OMFG

Post by mr blonde_22 » Tue Apr 15, 2008 6:03 am

yeah i know what ya mean MM pretty rancid

Cyd

Good news, Robert no longer doing Rosabrella

Post by Cyd » Wed May 06, 2009 11:33 pm

Filmmaker Robert Rodriguez's vision of a "Barbarella" remake has been dashed after he failed to get appropriate funding for the project.

According to the "Sin City" producer/director/writer's interview with MTV, his adaptation of the 1968 erotic sci-fi Jane Fonda-starrer flick is officially dead after being in development for years.

Former "Charmed" star Rose McGowan was supposed to take the titular character in 2007, but Universal Pictures drew back when the budget soared past $80 million.

Rodriguez told MTV, "It came to the point where [a company from] Germany offered us a $70 million budget, which would have been by far the biggest budget I ever would have had for a movie."

"But I had to shoot it in Germany and post it in Germany. Nothing against Germany, but I have five kids and I was like, 'God, I don't know if we can do that. I don't know if I can be away that long.'"

He said that it was a "real bummer" to decline the proposal as he already had a clear vision of what he wants to see in the remake.

"We had all this artwork and screen tests of what it would look like. It was a really cool, R-rated, sexy - almost like that [1981 animated] movie, 'Heavy Metal' - version of a 'Star Wars' movie. Something that no one ever could get to see. It was gonna be really great."

Rodriguez has a lot in his agenda besides "Barbarella," which he still hopes to make someday. He has "Red Sonja," "Sin City 2," and "Machete" among others to develop.

Thank God

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Good news, Robert no longer doing Rosabrella

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed May 06, 2009 11:38 pm

One shot down,,, so many more to go.  Get him back to Machete and SC2 already!

Thanks for that, Cyd.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Wed May 06, 2009 11:41 pm

I think he's just producing "sonja"
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Wed May 06, 2009 11:42 pm

It obviously had nothing to do with Rose's lack of star power... I mean surely not.

A film starring Rose McGowan... we're talking big numbers here...

*snigger*

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed May 06, 2009 11:44 pm

So in essence, Cyd, you're saying that if Robert had not had Rose in mind for the lead, it would have sold? :D

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Wed May 06, 2009 11:50 pm

Well Robert is more of a filmmaker than all of us, that's for sure (well maybe not me - we'll see). But Robert shouldn't cast the girl he's shagging for the sake of shagging her some more.
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed May 06, 2009 11:58 pm

Bio wrote:Robert is more of a filmmaker than all of us, that's for sure (well maybe not me - we'll see)
LOL!  ^ I like this ^ ;D

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu May 07, 2009 12:03 am

It's true. I'm a young Orson Welles and John Huston combo reincarnated.

That's what my Quentin poster told me last night.

(Creepy music here)

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 07, 2009 12:07 am

BioBasterd wrote: It's true. I'm a young Orson Welles and John Huston combo reincarnated.

That's what my Quentin poster told me last night.

(Creepy music here)
You really do make me laugh. ;D  Too bad you're such a shy-arsed pussy. :P

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Thu May 07, 2009 12:07 am

That's not good news, that's bad news. I'd rather see a Barbarella remake by RR with Rose than not having it at all.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 07, 2009 12:09 am

Sorry.  I'd rather have a Machete than anything with Rose.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu May 07, 2009 12:13 am

Geoi wrote: You really do make me laugh. ;D  Too bad you're such a shy-arsed pussy. :P
I'm not shy, I just don't see the need to meet. What the fuck is that all about?

I just come here to talk movies since it's hard to find any savvy cinephiles, my friends are not interested in hearing about films or classic films - come to think of it not many people in here are all that intrigued on film discussions either.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 07, 2009 12:14 am

BioBasterd wrote: I'm not shy, I just don't see the need to meet. What the fuck is that all about?

I just come here to talk movies since it's hard to find any savvy cinephiles, my friends are not interested in hearing about films or classic films - come to think of it not many people in here are all that intrigued on film discussions either.
Fair enough.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Thu May 07, 2009 12:15 am

man, I have started some intense film discussion in my time here. i'm one opinionated motherfucker, you just remember that Bio.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Thu May 07, 2009 12:17 am

Crazy Kenneth wrote: man, I have started some intense film discussion in my time here. i'm one opinionated motherfucker, you just remember that Bio.
I know. I also liked your x-box rap.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Thu May 07, 2009 12:27 am

thanks. that was a fun thing to do. If I wasn't so lazy I would have made a real video to it. Haha.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Thu May 07, 2009 5:19 am

I'm not sure why this is being reported over the internet as if it's new news. I thought this was pretty much confirmed just a few months after the project was announced.

I would have loved to see this film though. Not sure how Robert not making a movie can be considered good news.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu May 07, 2009 5:33 am

Dex wrote: I'm not sure why this is being reported over the internet as if it's new news. I thought this was pretty much confirmed just a few months after the project was announced.

I would have loved to see this film though. Not sure how Robert not making a movie can be considered good news.
Rose not starring in it is the good thing.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Thu May 07, 2009 6:34 pm

I think she would have been pretty good as Barberella. I mean it's a sci-fi sexploitation flick. The ideal leading lady is someone comfortable with nudity who can pretend to shoot a laser gun.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 07, 2009 7:53 pm

Pssst, Dex...  I don't think you understand what we were saying.  I don't like Rose in anything.  I would, and will go see any movie Robert makes, but I don't wanna have to suffer through Rose McGowen to do it. 

nublob
Basterd

Post by nublob » Thu May 07, 2009 8:54 pm

Rose must give some great h$$d to have gotten Robert wrapped around her finger the way she did.  She leads him around like a dog.. hopefully she won't run his career into the ground while she's at it

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Thu May 07, 2009 9:15 pm

She already is... in my honest opinion.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 07, 2009 10:13 pm

Cyd wrote: She already is... in my honest opinion.
I can respect that opinion.  Shorts looks awesome though.

Ordell Rodriguez
Fucking Professional

Post by Ordell Rodriguez » Thu May 07, 2009 11:10 pm

Geoi wrote: I can respect that opinion.  Shorts looks awesome though.
Absolutely, seeing that trailer reminded me of being a little boy and making shit up to entertain ourselves between movie outings. Really excited to see it.
Ordell Robbie. O-R-D-E-L-L R-O-B-B-I-E. 1436 Florence Boulevard. Compton 90222.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri May 08, 2009 5:21 am

Where do you people get your info from? What's lead you to believe that Robert stopped doing what he wants or that he's suddenly not making his own decisions? Is it because Planet Terror wasn't very good?

As far as Rose is concerned I don't see what makes her so much more horrendous than 90% of all females in Hollywood these days. It's not like there's a whole lot of solid female actresses out there to begin with but how many experienced actresses fit the bill and would be willing to play Barbarella? Or Red Sonja for that matter?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 08, 2009 1:05 pm

Dex wrote:

As far as Rose is concerned I don't see what makes her so much more horrendous than 90% of all females in Hollywood these days.

Yeah, it's shit, innit?

Cyd

Post by Cyd » Fri May 08, 2009 7:29 pm

Dex wrote: As far as Rose is concerned I don't see what makes her so much more horrendous than 90% of all females in Hollywood these days.
Robert is that you?

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 08, 2009 8:35 pm

LOL!  I thought he was Robert once before too.