Sin City 2

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
helu
Hard Drinker

Re: Sin City 2

Post by helu » Wed May 02, 2007 11:34 pm

Joe Carnahan posted a little something on his blog about it. It sounds like Rodriquez has already shot something...http://smokinjoecarnahan.com/

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Thu May 03, 2007 10:56 pm

Huh, I wonder what it could be.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Wed May 30, 2007 11:40 pm

Some more news on Sin City 2...Michael Madsen casted

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/8982

moussemaker
Basterd

Post by moussemaker » Thu May 31, 2007 5:49 pm

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/news/comm ... yid=424110

"I'm out here mainly to introduce my new film, "The Spirit," to buyers and press and all kinds of people," he told Rotten Tomatoes UK,
and we were keen to find out more about the project.

"It's based on an old 1940's comic by my mentor, Will Eisner, and it features a masked adventure up against all kinds of nasty people and all kinds of beautiful women," he said, "Lionsgate are negotiating with Samuel L. Jackson to play the main villain; The Octopus. As far as I know the negotiations are going fine, but I'm not a negotiator!"

Of course, by stroke of coincidence we learned just before we sat down with Miller that Robert Rodriguez had been signed onto a remake of the classic sixties sex flick "Barbarella." So what of "Sin City 2"?
Rumours swirl that the project has been stalled by the breakdown of Rodriguez' marriage. "Sin City 2 is still likely to happen," says Miller, "just not right away. The script is written and Robert and I are raring to go, but it looks like I'm going to be doing The Spirit first and Robert's going to be doing Barbarella first."

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Thu May 31, 2007 5:54 pm

moussemaker wrote: "It's based on an old 1940's comic by my mentor, Will Eisner, and it features a masked adventure up against all kinds of nasty people and all kinds of beautiful women," he said, "Lionsgate are negotiating with Samuel L. Jackson to play the main villain; The Octopus. As far as I know the negotiations are going fine, but I'm not a negotiator!"
That's good news.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:46 am

cool i hope we get like a clip or something from sin city 2 soon i cant wait for this. This and grindhouse were the two movies i was the mosted syced about in a while.

Lucio Fulci

Re: Robert Rodriguez's Sin City 2: A Dame To Kill!

Post by Lucio Fulci » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:38 pm

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001675/

How can Sin City 3 be out before Sin City 2?!?!?

BTW, has anyone seen the rumored cast members, pretty big names!:

-Antonio Banderas
-Johnny Depp
-Rachel Weisz

Mr.Brown-1602
Hard Drinker

Post by Mr.Brown-1602 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:59 pm

I would love to see Johnny Depp as the Guy in "Hell and Back"!

Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:00 pm

Biohazard wrote: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001675/

How can Sin City 3 be out before Sin City 2?!?!?

BTW, has anyone seen the rumored cast members, pretty big names!:

-Antonio Banderas
-Johnny Depp
-Rachel Weisz
I noticed that awhile back, lol. freakin idiots
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:30 pm

You know who would be great in a film like this. Well before I say let me explain myself a bit. In Sin City you always have these gorgeous women who kick a whole lotta ass - now if you look at someone like Milla Jovovich who starred in Ultraviolet - which wasen't very good, but she was good in it. Anyway I think she would really kick ass in a Sin City movie. I like the whole look of Sin City. But it needs a little Milla.

She already looks like a Sin City character.

Mr.Brown-1602
Hard Drinker

Post by Mr.Brown-1602 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:06 am

The Woman in Blue, for example...? ;)

Nah... I can't really agree with that...

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:58 pm

Looks like things are moving forward somewhat.

http://joblo.com/miller-on-sin-city-2

Of course "very close" is very vague and the translation isn't the best so he could have been being sarcastic but it's something. The article had at least one inacurate statement that I noticed. It says he has no plan to return to comics but he hasn't really left them. He still has an ongoing Batman series, kind of. It's supposed to be monthly but it's been out for over four years and only 10 issues have been released. He's also been working on a "Batman vs Al-Qaeda comic book.
"I'm a preacher with no pulpit. Spewing a sermon that goes on and on and on."

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:23 am

"Mickey Rourke selling out of Sin City 2?"

http://joblo.com/rourkeless-sin-city
JOBLO.COM article,
Mickey Rourke recently spoke to ComingSoon and revealed that while SIN CITY 2 is on the horizon, he might net actually be that interested in it:

"No, I'm not interested in that right now. That's not a reality right now. It's pissing in the wind... There's different factions going different directions there. I don't know. That's three hours of make up and I'm claustrophobic, so I'm going to have to work something out."

This is news, but its tough to say there should be too much stock put into his quote. Rourke is probably about to be nominated for an Oscar, and he's busy on 13 so it's understandable he wouldn't be thinking about making another SIN CITY right now. If by the time this rolls around he's back on board I wouldn't be too surprised. Although the guy is clearly crazy, so if the next time you see him its wearing Frank Miller's head for a hat, don't be surprised either.
I guess that's what happens when you tell a character actor they might have a chance to possibly be nominated to win a golden dildo, shaped like a naked man.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:50 pm

Damn, I can't imagine anyone else playing Marv.  I hope he reconsiders.  I mean, working for Robert isn't exactly the toughest payday he's ever had.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:08 pm

marv? won't they pick stories unrelated to Sin City? would be better IMO

armstrong
Kiddo

Post by armstrong » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:31 pm

I read that news somewhere too ! Johny Depp would be great for Sin City 2  Great choice by Rodrugiez. I think Tarantino didnt get any proposal for guest director , did he ?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Johnny Depp isn't in it. That were either rumours or he chose not to be in it. And for now, no mention of Tarantino being again a guest director.

armstrong
Kiddo

Post by armstrong » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:49 pm

thank for information dude ! But I am sorry about Tarantino Sin city wouldn't be great without Tarantino :)

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:03 pm

Sebastian wrote: marv? won't they pick stories unrelated to Sin City? would be better IMO
I didn't think there were any stories in the Sin City books that don't in some way relate to one of the stories already told in the movie.  I've never really gotten into much of Sin City but I was of the understanding that all the full-length stories are happening within a week or two of one another and they always overlap at some point.
armstrong wrote: thank for information dude ! But I am sorry about Tarantino Sin city wouldn't be great without Tarantino :)
I really don't think Tarantino not directing one scene is gonna make or break the film. As long as Miller hasn't gotten too big a head after going solo and lets Robert do the heavy lifting it should turn out great.

As far as Mickey Rourke goes it seems like a lot of people are starting to think he misspoke or was just misquoted and what he was really trying to say is that he just wasn't interested in talking about it right now because he doesn't think it's actually gonna happen and when he complained about the make-up he was making a joke. I wish the people who initialy report quotes like this would include audio. It's hard to say exactly what he meant when all you've got is the words.

And with Depp, I think he was totally on board back when it seemed production was imminent but with all the delays in production he moved on. I think he's got like three movies with Burton lined up right now so I'd say he's out but I do remember way back when Sin City was coming out on DVD there were a bunch of rumors that if he were involved it would be a very small role (like two days of filming with how Robert shoots) in the second film and then a bigger role in the third. Who knows though.

armstrong
Kiddo

Post by armstrong » Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:01 pm

absolutely Miller and Robert are enough for this film but Tarantino has a different even he directed one scene , he got us sensed he is in the crew

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:37 pm

Here's a little excerpt from a Jaime King interview:
And we're getting ready to start, and then all this stuff happened and it's hard. And I think it's hard because they want to make it with certain people, studio wise, and I think the studio has a different vision of how they want to make it, and that's not in line with Robert and Frank's vision. So they're working out the political part of it.
This sort of echoes what Frank Miller alluded to at comic-con either this year or the year before, I forget. But it sounds like the delay has just as much to do with the Weinsteins as it does with Robert, if not more.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:49 pm

I know we've heard this before but now Clive Owen is saying they may start filming next year.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/ ... -next-year

I'll believe it when I see it but the fact that people are still talking about it is a good sign anyway.

Dex
Fucking Professional

Post by Dex » Thu May 06, 2010 6:02 am

Browsing Google News today and ended up doing a search for Sin City 2. Here's what I found.

From Jaime King:
King: It's definitely going to happen. The script is written. It's just, when is it gonna happen? Aligning all the logistics - it's not only Robert [Rodriguez] and Frank [Miller], but then the studio and all that stuff. That's the weird thing about Hollywood; one thing is about to go, and then all of a sudden something else happens. I'm waiting patiently, but I think it's definitely going to happen.
And then there's this weird quote from Mickey Rourke.
If it happens — I mean, that's another movie that's three hours of make-up, but was fun to do — and as long as Robert Rodriguez's wife isn't involved in it.
Either way, I think Robert's doing Spy Kid's 4 next.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Thu May 06, 2010 2:41 pm

"as long as Robert Rodriguez's wife isn't involved in it"???? Damn. Wonder what that's all about.

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Fri May 07, 2010 5:14 am

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:"as long as Robert Rodriguez's wife isn't involved in it"???? Damn. Wonder what that's all about.
Rose McGowan? Maybe it was bad chemistry.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

deadpool247
Kiddo

Post by deadpool247 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:07 pm

Kinda figured there would be a comment or two about Brittany Murphy in this thread. Guess not.

RIP Brittany. :(

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:13 am

We gave her death it's own thread.