Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

Which story is the most kick ass out from the film?

• The Hard Goodbye
  • The Big Fat Kill
  • The Yellow Bastard

0 voters

Bruce Willis, Leonardo DiCaprio, Elijah Wood, Brittany Murphy, Kate Bosworth, Jaime King and Mickey Rourke have all been targeted by filmmaker Robert Rodriguez to star on his recently announced “Sin City” film project for the Dimension Films.

According to Hollywood Reporter some of the actors have already signed on for parts, while others are only in discussions or have just received offers to join the cast.

Other names being mentioned to join, the adaptation of Frank Miller’s graphic novel series, include Benicio Del Toro and Maria Bello, though offers had not yet gone out to either as of late Wednesday.

Set to start shooting shortly, “Sin City” will be composed of three intertwining vignettes revolving around a dark set of characters that call the fictional corrupt town home.

It’ll be cooler than sliced bread.

Holiday says: “Watch for this film kids. This’ll be the movie that really sends Rob to the top. It’ll be his masterpiece.”

Michael Fleming at Variety.com has broke a story about how Robert Rodriguez, in order to be able to have Frank Miller as his co-director on SIN CITY, resigned from the Director’s Guild (DGA) as to not set a potentially damaging precedent which could be abused outside of this particularly unique situation. However, in talking to Michael Fleming he spilled the beans on some of the additional “Holy Shit” cool things about SIN CITY.

#1: He says that Quentin Tarantino will be a “Special Guest Director” on one of the Sin City stories in the film!!!

#2: In addition to the names mentioned in yesterday’s story - he mentioned to Fleming that he’s been talking with Johnny Depp, Steve Buscemi, Christopher Walken and Michael Douglas!

Add those names to Leonardo DiCaprio, Bruce Willis, Elijah Wood, Mickey Rourke, Brittany Murphy, Kate Bosworth, Jaime King, Josh Hartnett, Marley Shelton, Maria Bello and Benicio Del Toro and you’ve got a potentially amazing line up, possibly the biggest all star line up for a comic adaptation period.

[quote]It’ll be cooler than sliced bread.

Holiday says: “Watch for this film kids. This’ll be the movie that really sends Rob to the top. It’ll be his masterpiece.”[/quote]

No. El Mariachi was his masterpiece.

No El Marachi was alright but this shall own it

I never read SIN CITY but I do Know it’s a dark noir and with QT as a guest director it may have some hope. I just think Robert is known for the over stylized SPY KIDS flicks and of course the El Mariachi trilogy which is over the top action.

Anyhow - I will just have to wait and see.

INTERESTING TWIST!

Days before beginning production on the Dimension drama “Sin City,” Robert Rodriguez resigned his DGA membership so that he could co-direct with Frank Miller, a film neophyte who created, wrote and illustrated the three-book graphic novel series on which the movie is based.

DGA rules dictate that there be only one director assigned to direct a motion picture at any given time, although the guild occasionally grants a waiver to that policy.

On Thursday, a DGA spokesman said, "The guild regrets Mr. Rodriguez’s resignation, however, we stand firmly behind the principle of one director-one film."

Rodriguez asserted that since his movie is so unorthodox, he decided it would be easier both for him and the DGA if they’re not shackled together when production begins Monday on his soundstages in Austin, Texas.

For one thing, Rodriguez plans to have Quentin Tarantino direct part of the film, along with Miller and him. Tarantino may be billed as a “special guest director” or whatever title Rodriguez wants to bestow, now that he’s no longer under strict DGA guidelines about who gets behind-the-camera credit.

It’s not the first time that Rodriguez has quit the DGA. He did so a decade ago so he could take part in the Tarantino-orchestrated film “Four Rooms,” released in 1995.

"I didn’t want Frank to be treated as just a writer, because he is the only one who has actually been to ‘Sin City,’ " Rodriguez said.

“I am making such a literal interpretation of his book that I’d have felt weird taking directing credit without him. It was easier for me to quietly resign before shooting because otherwise I’d have been forced to make compromises I was unwilling to make. Or set a precedent that might hurt the guild later on.”

this sounds like it’ll be good

[quote] No El Marachi was alright but this shall own it[/quote]

El Mariachi is his best movie so far, but this may be good also.

UR KIDDIN RIGHT, IT WAS SO AUDVIOUSLY SPY KIDS 3-D…

Sin City is gonna be way better than “mariachi”, the stories are just great, and the first “sin City” comic is one of the best comics ever written…

And Mickey Rourke as marv is gonna be perfect, the guy won’t need any make up, his face is totaly fucked up…

[quote]

El Mariachi is his best movie so far, but this may be good also.[/quote]

This is silly. Because El Mariachi is his best film yet, no film he makes can be better than it? It’s like saying Pulp Fiction is QT’s best and he’ll never be able to equal it. It may, in fact, be true, but until he’s dead saying so is COMPLETELY BASESLESS. What are you talking about?

You could say RR’s had plenty of chances to equal El M. and messed it up, and that’s sort of understandable. Still though, you wouls be talking out of no where, as there is awesome buzz around this movie LIKE YOU WOULDN’T BELIEVE. There’s more than enough chance this film will be RR’s best. Heck, there’s a chance if done right this’ll be the best film ever! And, judging by the word on the work already done, there’s every chance it will be done right.

In conclusion: What? That’s silly, and drop that. We’re not talking about a film that any of us have seen, much less a film that’s been made yet. We’re talking hypothetically, and, in those terms, you have no valid arguments against it.

Worry not, dear friends. All is cool again. 8)

ok let me get this staight. this movie will have three parts, with a director for each part. but overall it’s a Robert Rodriguez project, right?

if it is an RR project than that is awesome. if production starts on monday the film could be out like early next year. i mean they way RR works he’ll just spit this baby out

[quote]ok let me get this staight. this movie will have three parts, with a director for each part. but overall it’s a Robert Rodriguez project, right?

if it is an RR project than that is awesome. if production starts on monday the film could be out like early next year. i mean they way RR works he’ll just spit this baby out[/quote]

RR is directing with the writer of the tale, though I figure the writer (Frank Miller), will only chime in when RR does something wrong with his vision. QT is going to be directing a section, if all goes well. That, coupled with the amazing cast (Mickey, who I’ve never been a huge, REALLY impressed me with his small performance in OUatiM, and I look forward to further great things. I should note he was brilliant in the wonderful movie Angel Heart. Bruce is perfectly cast as my favorite character in the novels, and I can only imagine what the other people are going to do) make up what could be the best movie ever. And I mean this.

[quote] UR KIDDIN RIGHT, IT WAS SO AUDVIOUSLY SPY KIDS 3-D…

[/quote]

God himself can’t define how much of a retard you are.

god can define however what a joke is, and that was a joke.

mos Def excited over this

robert rodriguez was losing it, rented spy kids 3d and it killed my eyes and friends told me Once Upon aTime in Mexico sucked ass

this could defribulate his career

and does anyone know the main positives of joining the DGA?

heard Q wassnt a member either

[quote]friends told me Once Upon aTime in Mexico sucked ass
[/quote]

your friends are wrong. they are the ones that suck ass. not the movie

Yeah ouatim was really good IMO, I liked it enough that I bought it.

i dug Once Upon a Time in Mexico…better than I expected.

As for Tarantino doing some directing in this film, we have no idea how much that means.He could be simply directing a small short 10 min scene, Sergio Leone did this once, directing an opening scene of a spaghetti western (Can’t recall the film title)

but it’d also be cool if QT got to direct more