Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)

Which story is the most kick ass out from the film?

The Hard Goodbye
13%
The Hard Goodbye
13%
The Big Fat Kill
19%
The Big Fat Kill
19%
The Yellow Bastard
18%
The Yellow Bastard
18%

Total votes: 110

SteveZissou

Re: Robert Rodriguez's Sin City

Post by SteveZissou » Wed Mar 15, 2006 12:45 am

Kevin would win, hands down. Then he'd eat her and her head on the wall of fame.

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Fri Mar 17, 2006 9:09 pm

We have no reason to beleive Kevin would win. In the comics and movie Miho is pretty much invincible while Kevin bites it... What we have seen of Kevin is 2 fights, one of which he loses, while in Miho's case over the series of comics we have seen many fights and she always wins...

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:24 am

Kevin is supernaturally fast and silent , and Unarmed manages to sneak up on, blind and beat Marv without breaking a sweat (   Marv is over 7', 300lbs, and had earlier shown he has amazing endurance by how he escaped from the police raid on his hotel room and surviving being hit multiple times by a speeding car).  So what if he died and Miho lived she didnt take on anyone like marv in the film during the series she slaughters hordes of Mafia, terrorists, criminals, and even cops but all her abilitys are with weapons unarmed she cant match kevin on any level..Additionally stealth is more deadly then any weapon.
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Sat Mar 18, 2006 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:27 am

Anyone whose read the comics knows that Miho is near invincible. Kevin is merely a kid who enjoys eating people (and their souls), whereas Miho is a killing machine, a master assassin. Years and years of reading comics, including Sin City comics has given me enough time to ponder most situations imaginable. Miho would be the victor and i can say that with 100 percent certainty.

You got to remember that this is a history spanning all the Sin City comics as well as the film.

That said, i still think that Kevin kicks a whole lot of arse, but a lot of people are underestimating Miho, really really underestimating Miho. And if you really feel like arguing with me, i suggest you take the time to actually read the comics.
Last edited by Angel on Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:51 am

Master assassin? she just one of those supped up super chick types who’s only as skilled as she is due to the need of the character to be just that.. does she deserve to be that powerful hell no I stand by what i said  Miho is  4'10" maximum and weighing a mere 80-90 pounds. Her abilities all stem from her weapons, without them shes no match for Kevin ( that’s just evening out the playing field, Kevin wouldn’t need it though as his stealth and disarming maneuvers pick up the slack ) the fact Kevin could be compared to her even though shes a walking arsenal and Kevin fights with his bear hands is enough of a statement, also it should be said that anyone with a gun can get the drop on miho - though this rings true for any of the characters and defeats the purpose of comparing abilities - if jack wasn’t wounded, and if he just shut up ( more influence on the latter ) he could have killed miho when he first had the drop on her. But I don’t think ill argue about that..

Oh yeah this is just what i think would happen in film, your the comic book expert here if i argued with you about anything to do with the comics then id be a huge hypocrite, i really should get reading, but i doubt id change my mind.. maybe
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Sat Mar 18, 2006 5:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

thecrazy88

Post by thecrazy88 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 pm

we should send a letter to Frank Miller and ask ;D

helu
Hard Drinker

Post by helu » Sun Mar 19, 2006 4:16 am

MIller has said they are both demons. Perhaps not litterally but in a strength sense.

Angel
Fucking Professional

Post by Angel » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:24 am

I still believe that Miho would be the victor. A lot of people are over-estimating Kevin. He is badass, but he lacks the real combat experience of Miho. Kevin is like a stealthier Jack the ripper, feasting on whores, and Miho is a master of death.

I see where Thousand Eyes is coming from with the stealth part, but i think more important than stealth is experience, and that is how Marv was able to beat Kevin, because it was a matter of experience. You can just see it too, you can see that Miho has the experience in the way that she fights and acts. Kevin doesn't have near the same level of experience.

Though, overall i think that the only person who really knows who will win for sure is Frank Miller. In the end, all this really is is my opinion. Even though it is an opinion i would back forever, it is still an opinion.

I think i am too much in love with all of Miller's characters to go on with this debate.
Last edited by Angel on Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

BarelyLegalFan
Cowardly Lion

Post by BarelyLegalFan » Wed Mar 29, 2006 3:20 am

i loved the whole movie :)

vadid
Hard Drinker

Post by vadid » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:02 pm

i think that it would be a very close fight but i do think miho could beat kevin but it would a very close fight
"And everything seemed to be going so well"

-Dwight McCARTHY

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:17 pm

i think the Miho character isn't elaborated on full enough for the average audience to contemplate on. I for one, not having read the graphic novels, didnt quite get the entire story behind those female street gang characters

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:57 am

The Seb wrote: i think the Miho character isn't elaborated on full enough for the average audience to contemplate on. I for one, not having read the graphic novels, didnt quite get the entire story behind those female street gang characters
Ive now only read The hard Goodbye  :P ( which i got with sin city recut extended unrated ) ha ha im going to watch the 15 min cooking class tonight.. i prob wouldnt have gone to the effort of ordering it if i didnt come here ( thanks seb )

thecrazy88

Post by thecrazy88 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:58 am

I havent even checked out the extras :-[  I never remember to do :P

MissMia

Post by MissMia » Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:48 pm

My Sin City DVD has only one extra - a shitty wee 10 minute documentary  :'(.

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:00 pm

mine has none :o i just bought the first version that came out, couldn't wait, i'll probably sell it when a proper 2 disc comes out

pantsman
Basterd

Post by pantsman » Wed Apr 12, 2006 6:48 pm

Seriously, if you need proof of how dangerous Miho is - read Family Values; she kills just about everyone and everything in that book :D One of my favorite Sin City books. Hope the next film shows just how much of a badass Dwight can be when he's using his fists.

MissMia

Post by MissMia » Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:16 pm

mine has none  i just bought the first version that came out, couldn't wait, i'll probably sell it when a proper 2 disc comes out
I don't think the 2 disc edition is out in the UK yet. I have looked for it a few times and zero joy.

Dillon

Post by Dillon » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:42 pm

MissMia wrote: I don't think the 2 disc edition is out in the UK yet. I have looked for it a few times and zero joy.
yea its out there, try well... anywhere, or jus follow the links on this site to amazon.

Eigakan
Cowardly Lion

Sin City Japanese Version - What's the difference?

Post by Eigakan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:08 am

HI!!!

I'm kind of new here, but I've been a Tarantino fan for a few years. Some time ago I read that in Japan there was going to be a different version of Sin City, these news were followed by japanese popstar Namie Amuro singing a song for the japanese soundtrack of Sin City "Violet Sauce". After that I didn't pay attention to if this was really true or not, but now that the release of the Japanese DVD is on June 23rd. on the description of the DVD it says:

"...Premium edition includes two hours of rare footage including film and special effects making-of documentaries, original and Japanese-version theatrical trailers, prop footage..."

So my question is, if anybody knows, is this Japanese version the same as the extended cut we got on the 2 disc re-release of Sin City or an exclusive version for Japan (kind of what happened with Kill Bill Vol.1).

Thanks for your help

:)
sig pic removed by admin. reason: too high (see boardrules)

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Re: Sin City Japanese Version - What's the difference?

Post by Snake Eyes » Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:26 am

Eigakan wrote: HI!!!

I'm kind of new here, but I've been a Tarantino fan for a few years.
Kind of? youve only posted once ( apparently )  ;D .. as for the question id like to know that myself..  ???

Eigakan
Cowardly Lion

Post by Eigakan » Mon Apr 17, 2006 10:05 pm

I'm kind of new, because I had another username a long time ago, but it's deleted now, HAHAHA, sorry... Anyway, now that my topic is merged :( how will someone know what I'm asking, I want an answer :(
sig pic removed by admin. reason: too high (see boardrules)

Hans

Post by Hans » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:22 pm

SteveZissou wrote: Kevin would win, hands down. Then he'd eat her and her head on the wall of fame.
You've seen the movie, right?

Number of time Kevin dies: 1.

Number of time Miho dies: 0.

But then again, Miho didn't go up against Marv. She'd still kick Kevin's ass though.

SteveZissou

Post by SteveZissou » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:37 pm

it all boils down to who wants it more. kevin obviously has some need to eat beautiful women. i think we all agree that miho is a beautiful woman, worthy of kevin's dinner. on the other hand, miho just seems pissed at everyone all the time, so that could work towards her advantage. kevin also ate alot of her chums, giving her even more incentive to put the hurtin' on him. i'm still sidelining kevin, because he's got the psycho factor working for him.

pantsman
Basterd

Post by pantsman » Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:38 am

Hans wrote: You've seen the movie, right?

Number of time Kevin dies: 1.

Number of time Miho dies: 0.
;D ;D ;D

Agreed, Miho FTW!

Let's see Kevin kick off someone's head with some rollerblades... or jam a sword through the trunk of a car, through the back seat and into someone's head 8)

Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth
Fucking Professional

Post by Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth » Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:09 pm

I loved the PUNT! sound effect Frank used, although Family Values is his shortest,and simplest novel it had some of the best kills in the series.
They'll most likely pair that w/ A Dame to Kill For since it's also has an emphasis on Dwight.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:12 am

pantsman wrote:

Let's see Kevin kick off someone's head with some rollerblades... or jam a sword through the trunk of a car, through the back seat and into someone's head 8)
Kevin doesn’t use a sword so he wouldn’t do that.. nice logic you guys by the same token lets see miho disarm, beat down marv with her bear hands but she wouldn’t do that cause she fights with weapons its just a stupid argument  :P

Hans

Post by Hans » Wed Apr 26, 2006 2:55 am

And who's fault is it that Kevin doesn't use weapons? Yeah...I think that would be Kevin's.

SteveZissou

Post by SteveZissou » Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:14 am

i'm sure if kevin had a blade he'd be tearing bitches apart.

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Post by Snake Eyes » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:45 am

Hans wrote: And who's fault is it that Kevin doesn't use weapons? Yeah...I think that would be Kevin's.
he doesnt need them
SteveZissou wrote: i'm sure if kevin had a blade he'd be tearing bitches apart.
heh he probably does use blades to cut up chicks - to eat them
Last edited by Snake Eyes on Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

pantsman
Basterd

Post by pantsman » Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:11 am

Thousand Eyes wrote: Kevin doesn’t use a sword so he wouldn’t do that.. nice logic you guys by the same token lets see miho disarm, beat down marv with her bear hands but she wouldn’t do that cause she fights with weapons its just a stupid argument  :P
I was being facetious :) I think the idea of actually arguing over who would win between two fictional characters is pretty silly. As far as logic goes however, considering Miho is essentially Frank Miller's baby and possibly favorite character - I don't think anyone is capable of destroying her, especially not anytime soon :)

And seriously, we've seen the character of Kevin fight, what, twice? Miho has had a one-shot damn near devoted to her killing people like she was Marv, alongside Dwight - who ain't no sissy himself (The Babe wore Red and Family Values really showed that better than the other books).
Last edited by pantsman on Wed Apr 26, 2006 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.