Chingon

does anybody out there on this forum listen to their music? It’s awesome stuff. and does anyone know where i can get their cd?all the ones on their site are sold out…

If someone wanna read about Chingon:

http://chingonmusic.com/Robert/index.html

Chingon is a band started by Robert Rodriguez, director of ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO and DESPERADO. Chingon is his band made up of members from the Austin music community, featuring members of the Spanish Rock band, DEL CASTILLO, Carl Thiel, Rafael Gayol of Bob Schneider’s band, Cecilio Ruiz from the HeeBeeJeeBee’s, and others.

Originally formed to create songs such as CUKAROCKA and SIENTE Mi AMOR (featuring Salma Hayek on vocals) for the ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO soundtrack, Chingon (spanish for BAD ASS) reformed for the companion CD to the Mariachi series, MEXICO and MARIACHIS. This CD comes with a DVD showing the making of the music, and features songs not included on the other soundtracks.

One of the songs is MALAGUENA SALEROSA, a re-arrangement of the classic mariachi standard, which Rodriguez conceived of originally for Desperado. It makes its first appearance on this album.

When Rodriguez was contracted to score KILL BILL 2 for Quentin Tarantino, Quentin heard Rodriguez’s version of Malaguena Salerosa and designed his end titles around it. The song also appears on the KILL BILL 2 soundtrack album.

CHINGON has completed it’s first studio album titled MEXICAN SPAGHETTI WESTERN and plays live shows in Austin. A live DVD will also be available later in the year.

Yeeeaaahhhh I ordered my CD last week, hope i’ll get it soon. “Cuka Rocka” is great.

On the dvd in extras there is a perfrmance by Chingon and Robert Roodrigues of Malaguena Salarosa and one other song. Great Fantastic etc. but this is so much beter than the soundtrack CD version, so my Q, have they actually recorded anything?. I can find no biography or discography for Chingon or for that matter Rob Rodz. Did QT have them shot after that prem performance to preserve the moment. Please help as i can only record to tape from the DVD and would love to have that performance on CD.

Hughy

This might help…

http://www.chingonmusic.com/

[quote=“hughy”]
On the dvd in extras there is a perfrmance by Chingon and Robert Roodrigues of Malaguena Salarosa and one other song. Great Fantastic etc. but this is so much beter than the soundtrack CD version, so my Q, have they actually recorded anything?. I can find no biography or discography for Chingon or for that matter Rob Rodz. Did QT have them shot after that prem performance to preserve the moment. Please help as i can only record to tape from the DVD and would love to have that performance on CD.

Hughy
[/quote]

I merged your Chongon topic with this one here, cuzr here you can find some informations.

Hey and welcome to the board!

Thanks to you all,

I’m now sorted.

Great site, well managed.

HUGHY

[quote=“Ify”]
This might help…

http://www.chingonmusic.com/
[/quote]

Oh Man I Need This CD! Whats that backround music on the site, I likes it! :laugh:

“Cuka Rocka”, by them, its from Once upon a time in Mexico

this cd is a must and that show is fucking crazy, especially the second track with the morricone sample in the chorus

[quote=“Johny_Exhale”]
“Cuka Rocka”, by them, its from Once upon a time in Mexico

this cd is a must and that show is fucking crazy, especially the second track with the morricone sample in the chorus
[/quote]
It looks like it’s not coming out in Canada! :o :’( Damn!

I’m actually listening to Chingon right now on the MP3. Love it!