Robert Rodriguez

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:59 pm

I really wasnt that impressed by Planet Terror. It was pretty bland and I hated the ending!

Robert basically did a by the numbers zombie/sicko movie, its sort of the exact oppsite of what QT did with Death Proof.

Sin City looked cool, but overall I didnt like the movie that much.

The only movies I stil like by Bob are: Desperado and From Dusk Til Dawn. The rest I dont care about.

IMO Robert Rodriguez is like a test tube child of Tarantino & George Lucas but without the best qualities of each.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lucio Fulci

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Lucio Fulci » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:05 pm

He's been into film his whole life and he actually made an entire film by himself (El Mariachi). He's the kind of guy that can deliver the goods with a no budget flick and he can also go the other way.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:07 pm

He def can make movies, but that doesnt mean I love them. I just dont like the types of movies he makes for some reason. Theyre too shallow or something. I mean, whats the difference now between Rodriguez and Michael Bay? Theyre pretty close, except Rodriguez has more Mexican characters and is QTs best pal.

This is why I hope QT distances himself from Rodriguez and goes back to making his own stuff. I really hope they never do another Grindhouse type project. QT is above and beyond the kind of fluff Rodriguez makes. Thats just my opinion.
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:39 pm

PutneySwope wrote: I mean, whats the difference now between Rodriguez and Michael Bay? Theyre pretty close, except Rodriguez has more Mexican characters and is QTs best pal.
whoa. their films are totally different.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:41 pm

Both make big budget action flicks for the masses, both love to use CGI. Whats the big difference between them?

Rodriguez writes more, has more Mexican characters in his films and is QTs best friend.

Seriously, would any of us in here even talk about Rodriguez if he wasnt connected to QT? I wouldnt!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Eastern Beauty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:02 pm

I would! >:(
Anybody here remember me? Anyone?!

Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:03 pm

You wouldnt. Youd talk about Marky Mark and The Pussycat Whores!

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:23 pm

I would never diss RR, I really like his work.  He's one of my favourites for sure.  Not just cos he's a San Antonio boy either.  He works really hard on his projects, and it shows.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Eastern Beauty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:24 pm

PutneySwope wrote: You wouldnt. Youd talk about Marky Mark and The Pussycat Whores!
You shut up!

Desperado's been my favorite movie since I've watched it for the first time. I became a RR fan before becoming a QT fan and now, as I can see, RR movies are getting better while QT wants to hire Britney Spears!! :o
Last edited by Eastern Beauty on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:45 pm

QT would never hire Britney. Thats BS.

RRs movies are getting better? How so? I think youre talking out yer ass again!

Rodriguez should do something without CGI and that BS.

Rodriguez will never make a film better than Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill or Inglorious Bastards.

KNOW THAT!!!
Last edited by Anonymous on Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eastern Beauty
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Eastern Beauty » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:03 pm

Inglorious Bastards has never been released, the script hasn't even been finished. You're such a dickhead! ;)

I love RR movies, they're all good, I love them as much as I love QT movies and nothing's gonna change it.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Robert Rodriguez

Post by Pete » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 pm

Im not trying to change anything. Im stating a fact.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Re: Robert Rodriguez

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:31 am

To each their own.  I like RR so much.  He's so talented.  Bear in mind, he writes/directs/films/edits all himself.  That makes his movies HIS movies.

QT, the brilliant/awesome/incredibly gifted and talented man he is (there is no one above, in my book), has Sally to edit, and a DP to work with on the films before Death Proof. (which was his first try at being the DP, and I think he did very well with, btw.)

You think Quentin's films would have been the same, as great, or greater had he done all that on his own?  Don't get me wrong, QT COULD DO IT!  And he could do it well.  But if you're talking about the mid 90's...  I'm not so sure.

Personally, I think QT's quite a bit smarter that RR.  I mean, why would you WANT the weight of the world on your shoulders?  RR does seem to want it to all be on him, and he takes it.
Last edited by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz on Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:34 pm

Ill give him props for doing all those things himself, thats def true. Im not saying hes not really talented, Im just saying that I dont find most of his films all that great.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Fair enough.  ;)

NonStop
Basterd

Post by NonStop » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 am

From the films I have seen:

El Mariachi - 2.5/5
Desperado - 3.5/5
FDTD - 4/5
OUATIM - 1/5
Sin City - 5/5

Bad Max
Fucking Professional

Post by Bad Max » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 pm

You compare RR to M.Gay!?  that's like expensive apple juice VS 5 months old piss filtered through cowshit.

QT is Fuckin' CRISTAL!. :P
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:58 pm

Max: More like comparing Piss Warm Chango to 5 Month Old Piss Filtered through cowshit. :D

eazye
Hard Drinker

Post by eazye » Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:14 am

He made the Spy Kids movies as well, Machete was one of his characters in those films. For kids films, the totaly ROCK
Eazy

Animations provided by MySpaceAnimations.com

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:42 am

I got bored today, so I went up to Austin.  When I drove by Robert's house, I snapped a couple pics.  I mean, you can't actually see his house.  You can see the top of it from the bridge over the river, but the camera wouldn't zoom enough, so I just took some pics of his front gate.

[img width=500 height=375]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... /rrfg1.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... /rrfg2.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... /rrfg3.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... /rrfl1.jpg[/img]

[img width=500 height=375]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/ ... /rrfl2.jpg[/img]

I promise, I'm not a stalker.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri May 02, 2008 11:12 am

nice pictures. too bad it doesn't say "troublemaker studios" on top of the gate ;-)
so now you just showed us random pictures and you're telling us it's robert's house ;-)

Pete
Fucking Professional

Post by Pete » Fri May 02, 2008 12:43 pm

It looks like Buco's compound.

"WHAT IS THE FREAKIN NUMBER TO THE PHONE IN MY CAR?!!"

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 02, 2008 1:17 pm

LOL!  Naw, that's his property.  It's outside of Austin.  I like to drive around there when I'm bored because it's so beautiful.  And for some reason, I like to stop at the shops, and eat at the restaurants there, just cos I know he's been to them.  I'm so stupid, I know.  I'm always secretly hoping to bump into him everytime.  Hasn't happened yet.

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Fri May 02, 2008 1:24 pm

Careful Geoi, Robert knows karate....I think. Did anyone hear about Uma Thurman's stalker? What a creepy motherfucker.  :-X
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Seems a bit odd, I know, but it's totally innocent.  I really love that area of Texas.  I used to go for drives out there even before I knew where he lived.

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Fri May 02, 2008 1:29 pm

tell that to milla jovovic, you obsessed dude

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Fri May 02, 2008 1:30 pm

I know, you didin't cross the gate or anything, good pics though - what kind of camera is that?
"All the billing in the world and the billboards can't do it. It's the people who pay their hard-earned cash across the ticket windows that make stars." - J.L. Mankiewicz

Lt. BioBasterd
Fucking Professional

Post by Lt. BioBasterd » Fri May 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Sebastian wrote: tell that to milla jovovic, you obsessed dude
Obsessed? I'm not obsessed, are you obsessed with QT? No, it's just admiration for their work.

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 02, 2008 7:43 pm

It's just a cheap-ass Olympus camera.  I was amazed how good the pics came out while driving 50+ mph though.

Here, I was looking online and I found this.  It's an aerial view of his house.  http://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/360 ... ?service=1

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Fri May 02, 2008 7:45 pm

It was obviously taken a couple years back during the drought.  It's normally much greener, and the river is much higher.