Robert Rodriguez

Everything about Robert Rodriguez and his movies (www.robert-rodriguez.info)
beatrix_kiddo

Robert Rodriguez

Post by beatrix_kiddo » Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:08 pm

I think RR is one of the most innovative directors of all time. Please post your thoughts about his movies. From el mariachi to sin city

FilmGuy
Real McCoy

Re: Robert Rodriguez

Post by FilmGuy » Sun Oct 03, 2004 8:22 pm

I just finished reading Rebel Without a Crew yesterday. His story is amazing. He's totally innovative. That book should be required reading for every aspiring filmmaker.

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Sun Oct 03, 2004 9:31 pm

My thoughts on him? Well I think he has produced some of the most ridiculous movies in recent years. I am not a fan.

beatrix_kiddo

Post by beatrix_kiddo » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:15 am

:'( (OUCH!well, not everyone likes him

funk_machine

Post by funk_machine » Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:39 am

I heard that he's never actually spent the entire budget for a movie. I can't notice, the guy is a genius. That's one of the main reasons I despise George Lucas. He could have dumped as much money as he wanted and episode 2 still would have been like the worst movie ever.

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Sat Oct 09, 2004 2:17 pm

I think genius is a little too adventurous. He isn't a genius. The only reason people think he is good is because he does so much with his movies and they at the end of the day they're still shit.

IL_Buono

Post by IL_Buono » Sun Oct 10, 2004 7:26 am

His movies aren't masterpieces or anything, but usually they're alot of fun and you can tell that Rodriguez puts a lot of energy into them to make them enjoyable. I really liked El Mariachi, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico had some of the coolest action scenes i've ever seen in a film. Plus i'm grateful for how he contributed to Volume 2 with the score.

.........fuck, I just realized i'm like the only one who ever posts at this site. I gotta go

beatrix_kiddo

Post by beatrix_kiddo » Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:09 pm

are any of the books he's written worth buying?? a lot of people seem to think they're really good, but i don't want to waste money on crap.

stuck in the middle
Real McCoy

Post by stuck in the middle » Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:14 am

you call him one of the most innovative directors yet dont have any of his (two) books?!

pick up Rebel Without A Crew. I'm in the middle of that right now.

as for my opinion on robert? my favorite director.  what i mean by that, though, is he is i enjoy everything about him, not just the directing. he is very knowledgable, i like his attitude about hollywood, his ability to truly create his own film, how much he enjoys the fans, and everything else.

he barely beats out tarantino although tarantino makes better movies.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! You bastard!

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:08 pm

It was funny how he moved around the set of From Dusk Till Dawn playing his guitar!
I think Rodriguez is a good filmmaker, a fuckin cool one at that. Those hats and bandana's he wears are great. (do you think Tarantino was tryng to tell Rodriguez something with the "That hat... that fuckin' hat" scene in Vol. 2?) I liked Desperado, Dusk and OUATIM! His music is fuckin brilliant. He is funny and it's really interesting hearing him on commentaries. Also, I can't wait for the "10 Minute Fucking School"  ;D

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

BB
Kiddo

Post by BB » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:23 pm

I love his involvement. When I make movies, I want to be as hands-on as him, doing all my own directing, editing, soundtrack, etc. And he always looks so cheerful and energetic. I just wish he would take off the bandana/hat a little bit more often at all. I want to see more of his hair. I love his hair.

From Dusk Till Dawn is my favourite of his movies, Once Upon A Time In Mexico being a close second. And Desperado is great, although that was primarily because QT did the super-cute cameo. I was a fan of The Faculty forever before I knew who Robert was, although somehow I didn't seem to pick up on him and do some research into his other movies, and I usually do that with most directors.

Z
Kiddo

Post by Z » Tue Nov 16, 2004 7:37 pm

I Like Robert Rodriguez. I Think he's one of the talented film-directors out there.

My Favorites:
El Mariachi
Roadracers
Desperado
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Faculty
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

I never saw the spy kids movies. I saw the last ten minutes of Spy Kids 3-D:Game Over. It was really silly.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:12 pm

Film-Junkie Zach wrote: I Like Robert Rodriguez. I Think he's one of the talented film-directors out there.

My Favorites:
El Mariachi
Roadracers
Desperado
From Dusk Till Dawn
The Faculty
Once Upon A Time In Mexico

I never saw the spy kids movies. I saw the last ten minutes of Spy Kids 3-D:Game Over. It was really silly.
Aren't those like the only film's he's done??

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:48 pm

lol yeah

Yasmin

Post by Yasmin » Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:55 pm

BB wrote: When I make movies, I want to be as hands-on as him, doing all my own directing, editing, soundtrack, etc.
You have it all worked out by the looks of it.

FILM NUT
Kiddo

Post by FILM NUT » Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:44 pm

The only thing I've seen from him is Dusk till Dawn, but only because Quentin Tarantino wrote it and acted in it and Faculty which was not that good. I've heard Desperado and El Macheles (sp?). Are they any good.
I dont tip - Mr.Pink

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:06 pm

FILM NUT wrote: The only thing I've seen from him is Dusk till Dawn, but only because Quentin Tarantino wrote it and acted in it and Faculty which was not that good. I've heard Desperado and El Macheles (sp?). Are they any good.
The first half of Desperado (QT also appears in this film with a kickass cameo) is brilliant, the second half not so good but still good to watch.
You might also want to check out Once Upon A Time In Mexico (cleverly titled by QT), but Johnny Depp steals the show.

Heck, just watch the whole Mariachi trilogy (Rodriguez' Dollars Trilogy), I haven't seen El Mariachi so I can't give an opinion on

Mr.Blonde

Post by Mr.Blonde » Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:00 pm

I like all of his movies that I have seen.

How I rank them.
Desperado
Roadracers
El Mariachi
Faculty
Once Upon a time in Mexico
Spy kids movies

I was dragged to see the first two because my sister wanted to see it. I ddin't go and see the third one. They were good for what they were kids movies. Roadracers is a underapiciated great,David Arquette and a sawed off shotgun. Great combination.

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Mon Jan 31, 2005 12:37 pm

Once upon a time in Mexico is one of my all time favs!
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

buscemi_is_da_bomb

Post by buscemi_is_da_bomb » Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:54 pm

i saw the Sin City trailer at apple.com a week or so ago, and it looks super awesome, rodriguez cleverly uses color. it has bruce willis and mickey rourke which are 2 cool actors

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Thu Feb 03, 2005 3:11 pm

im not a fan at all, i liked dusk and el mariachi but thats all

Yoshitsune
Real McCoy

Post by Yoshitsune » Thu Feb 03, 2005 11:47 pm

MiaRose wrote: Once upon a time in Mexico is one of my all time favs!
Ouch.
"Enemies you threaten make armies. Enemies you destroy make graves."  - Bushido

MiaRose
Basterd

Post by MiaRose » Wed Feb 09, 2005 5:28 pm

I don't care! I loved it! lol
"I'm not saying that we haven't, and I'm not saying that we have. We love each other, but we're almost too close now to be a couple. We had out life together on Kill Bill. It was like a marriage in every way." -Quentin

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Contact Robert Rodriguez

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:47 am

I need a quick answer, so can someone help me :

I look for a contact for Robert Rodriguez (agent, mail on a website or something else), and then for Franck Miller.

Thx in advance  ;)

Johny_Exhale

Post by Johny_Exhale » Wed Apr 27, 2005 10:50 am

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Wed Apr 27, 2005 11:07 am

Johny_Exhale wrote: Robert_Rodriguez@hotmail.com
Is it a joke ? Because it's not funny, I'm really looking for a contact.
Is it a real mail to the man ? Have you tried it ?

FILM NUT
Kiddo

Post by FILM NUT » Sat May 21, 2005 12:05 pm

I just saw El Mariache and it was awsome. I thinks its my favorite RR moive. On the DVD there was´a 10 Minute making of which explained how RR made this movie for only 7 thousand dollars. very inspiring!!!!!!!!!
I dont tip - Mr.Pink

Seth_Gecko
Fucking Professional

Post by Seth_Gecko » Sat May 21, 2005 12:36 pm

cyber-lili wrote: Is it a joke ? Because it's not funny, I'm really looking for a contact.
Is it a real mail to the man ? Have you tried it ?
it's actually:

robert_rodriguez@loshooligans.com
Hey Paul! *Wields axe* Try getting a reservation at Dorsia now you fucking stupid bastard!

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Sun May 22, 2005 9:35 am

tarantino_is_god wrote: it's actually:

robert_rodriguez@loshooligans.com
Verry funny, man  :-\

Did you see all of you, that RR didn't get anythin at Cannes...  :'(

BrianLL
Cowardly Lion

Interview with Rodriguez

Post by BrianLL » Mon Aug 08, 2005 3:26 am