Robert Rodriguez

I think RR is one of the most innovative directors of all time. Please post your thoughts about his movies. From el mariachi to sin city

I just finished reading Rebel Without a Crew yesterday. His story is amazing. He’s totally innovative. That book should be required reading for every aspiring filmmaker.

My thoughts on him? Well I think he has produced some of the most ridiculous movies in recent years. I am not a fan.

:’( (OUCH!well, not everyone likes him

I heard that he’s never actually spent the entire budget for a movie. I can’t notice, the guy is a genius. That’s one of the main reasons I despise George Lucas. He could have dumped as much money as he wanted and episode 2 still would have been like the worst movie ever.

I think genius is a little too adventurous. He isn’t a genius. The only reason people think he is good is because he does so much with his movies and they at the end of the day they’re still shit.

His movies aren’t masterpieces or anything, but usually they’re alot of fun and you can tell that Rodriguez puts a lot of energy into them to make them enjoyable. I really liked El Mariachi, and Once Upon a Time in Mexico had some of the coolest action scenes i’ve ever seen in a film. Plus i’m grateful for how he contributed to Volume 2 with the score.

…fuck, I just realized i’m like the only one who ever posts at this site. I gotta go

are any of the books he’s written worth buying?? a lot of people seem to think they’re really good, but i don’t want to waste money on crap.

you call him one of the most innovative directors yet dont have any of his (two) books?!

pick up Rebel Without A Crew. I’m in the middle of that right now.

as for my opinion on robert? my favorite director. what i mean by that, though, is he is i enjoy everything about him, not just the directing. he is very knowledgable, i like his attitude about hollywood, his ability to truly create his own film, how much he enjoys the fans, and everything else.

he barely beats out tarantino although tarantino makes better movies.

It was funny how he moved around the set of From Dusk Till Dawn playing his guitar!

I think Rodriguez is a good filmmaker, a fuckin cool one at that. Those hats and bandana’s he wears are great. (do you think Tarantino was tryng to tell Rodriguez something with the “That hat… that fuckin’ hat” scene in Vol. 2?) I liked Desperado, Dusk and OUATIM! His music is fuckin brilliant. He is funny and it’s really interesting hearing him on commentaries. Also, I can’t wait for the “10 Minute Fucking School” ;D

I love his involvement. When I make movies, I want to be as hands-on as him, doing all my own directing, editing, soundtrack, etc. And he always looks so cheerful and energetic. I just wish he would take off the bandana/hat a little bit more often at all. I want to see more of his hair. I love his hair.

From Dusk Till Dawn is my favourite of his movies, Once Upon A Time In Mexico being a close second. And Desperado is great, although that was primarily because QT did the super-cute cameo. I was a fan of The Faculty forever before I knew who Robert was, although somehow I didn’t seem to pick up on him and do some research into his other movies, and I usually do that with most directors.

I Like Robert Rodriguez. I Think he’s one of the talented film-directors out there.

My Favorites:

El Mariachi

Roadracers

Desperado

From Dusk Till Dawn

The Faculty

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

I never saw the spy kids movies. I saw the last ten minutes of Spy Kids 3-D:Game Over. It was really silly.

[quote=“Film-Junkie Zach”]
I Like Robert Rodriguez. I Think he’s one of the talented film-directors out there.

My Favorites:

El Mariachi

Roadracers

Desperado

From Dusk Till Dawn

The Faculty

Once Upon A Time In Mexico

I never saw the spy kids movies. I saw the last ten minutes of Spy Kids 3-D:Game Over. It was really silly.
[/quote]

Aren’t those like the only film’s he’s done??

lol yeah

[quote=“BB”]
When I make movies, I want to be as hands-on as him, doing all my own directing, editing, soundtrack, etc. [/quote]

You have it all worked out by the looks of it.

The only thing I’ve seen from him is Dusk till Dawn, but only because Quentin Tarantino wrote it and acted in it and Faculty which was not that good. I’ve heard Desperado and El Macheles (sp?). Are they any good.

[quote=“FILM NUT”]
The only thing I’ve seen from him is Dusk till Dawn, but only because Quentin Tarantino wrote it and acted in it and Faculty which was not that good. I’ve heard Desperado and El Macheles (sp?). Are they any good.
[/quote]

The first half of Desperado (QT also appears in this film with a kickass cameo) is brilliant, the second half not so good but still good to watch.

You might also want to check out Once Upon A Time In Mexico (cleverly titled by QT), but Johnny Depp steals the show.

Heck, just watch the whole Mariachi trilogy (Rodriguez’ Dollars Trilogy), I haven’t seen El Mariachi so I can’t give an opinion on

I like all of his movies that I have seen.

How I rank them.

Desperado

Roadracers

El Mariachi

Faculty

Once Upon a time in Mexico

Spy kids movies

I was dragged to see the first two because my sister wanted to see it. I ddin’t go and see the third one. They were good for what they were kids movies. Roadracers is a underapiciated great,David Arquette and a sawed off shotgun. Great combination.

Once upon a time in Mexico is one of my all time favs!

i saw the Sin City trailer at apple.com a week or so ago, and it looks super awesome, rodriguez cleverly uses color. it has bruce willis and mickey rourke which are 2 cool actors