Desperado

hi there. i love Desperado. QT’s cameo rules.

hey did you know the idea for ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO came from Quentin?

check this out:

<LINK_TEXT text=“Loading... … _3829.html”>http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3829/avfeature_3829.html</LINK_TEXT>

I just watched Desperado last night. Its a cool flick. QTs cameo is hilarious.

"…Its nice to know that you cross your i’s and dot your t’s…good work by the way…Hey its cool essay…"

I was surprised to read that Robert Rodriguez thinks shooting a film is “a drag”. Thats strange. QT actually told RR to do a third Desperado and call it Once Upon a Time in Mexico, how cool is that? Shows what a strong influence he has.

It looks like all his films from now on will be on digital film. I can see what he means by comparing it to recordable CDs/DVDs and vinyl. Its true, why not take advantage of technology?

I like Desperado alot.what I don’t like is how the entire finale is cut for censorship reasons.I think that is the biggest weakness,the main confrontation never happens.

I thought the shoot out near the end where they’re firing rockets out of their guitar cases was stupid…

One of my favorite movies. QT’s part is one of my favorite scenes, “…he’s pissin’ on the bar, on the phone… on the bartender…” that shit cracks me up.

The cinemotography is one main reason why I fell in love with this film. It was very artfully done. Explosions, blood on a wall, a crowded street in a desert town were all made to look beautiful.

the comparison to vinyl is incorrect, alot of serious music listeners prefer vinyl to CD/DVD, otherwise I agree with what he is saying.

I love vinyl but there are positives and negatives to both the analog and digital format whether recording or listening.

Can’t wait for ONCE UPON A TIME IN MEXICO!

I was looking at this other post where people had already seen the screening for the unfinished Once Upon A Time In Mexico. They all said that it was absolutely horrible, and that the only chance Rodriguez has in making a good movie is starting from scratch. They might be full of shit, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the movie did turn out to be that bad. Plus the fact that Enrique Eglasius has a role? Pleeease. Rodriguez is surely gonna lose whatever adult audience he has left.

[quote]I was looking at this other post where people had already seen the screening for the unfinished Once Upon A Time In Mexico.  They all said that it was absolutely horrible, and that the only chance Rodriguez has in making a good movie is starting from scratch.  They might be full of shit, but it wouldn’t surprise me at all if the movie did turn out to be that bad.  Plus the fact that Enrique Eglasius has a role?  Pleeease.  Rodriguez is surely gonna lose whatever adult audience he has left.[/quote]

I like Depp & Dafoe - and the storyline - I think Rob will pull it off

How big is QT’s cameo in Desperado? Is it like blink-and-you’ll-miss-em? Is it a one-liner? Or does he have a small part, like he did in Pulp or Dogs?

he has about as much screen time as he does in Pulp Fiction.

Basically he’s a Pick-Up guy who comes to a bar,along with some other Mexican, to do a drug deal or something…QT tells a joke and then something funny happens (I won’t reveal it, cause it’s a great scene)

Then QT goes to this hidden backroom and they do a drug deal…during the deal El Mariachi, Antonio Banderas, comes in and there’s a shootout…then in the back room…(spoiler ahead)…well in the backroom the drug dealers think El Mariachi is working with QT, so this one dealer kills QT (killed in a similar fashion of Reservoir Dogs)

It’s a good movie though.

DEsperado is a revenge movie, one of the best action movies I think. The opening sequence is the best though…it’s an excellent scene mixed with the sounds of Link Ray’s “JACK THE RIPPER” song with Steve Buscemi’s monologue. Awesome sequence.

Plus Salma Hayek is fucking hot…I wish they would’ve done a better sex scene with her…I hate “lovey” sex scenes with all the dissolves and candle light…stupid and un realistic.

I agree that Salma is hot, actually she is my dream girl. I liked OUATIM, I thought that it was a wonderful tribute to Sergio Leone, and I liked how it was a big intertwineing story, and not just about Antonio Banderas. RR is so fucking cool, he showed scenes of a third film that was never made and in all actuality OUATIM is the fourth film.

I think the film is great fun. QT is great in his cameo.

I think the ending was a major let-down though.

True. Hated the end. The fighting should get better and better as the movie progresses, and it does the opposite.

[quote]True. Hated the end. The fighting should get better and better as the movie progresses, and it does the opposite. [/quote]

Things went so downhill after the first hour of the movie, that I’m not sure I could have handled a major shoot out at the end between Bucho and El Mariachi. By the time they finally confronted each other, I was ready for the damn thing to be over.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico did a much better job at holding my attention and keeping me interested in the characters.

over here, they’re promoting OUATIM quite wild… could explode at the box office here as well… what against a funny action flick that entertains you? nothing…

Ive always liked Desperado alot. I think you have to take it half seriously to enjoy it properly. If youre looking for solid believable subject matter then guitar case cannons are most likely not gonna work for you. If however, youre just looking for a good entertaining movie than Desperado is perfect. Its got great action scenes, clever dialogue, a pretty girl, even a pretty guy AND Quentin fucking Tarantino delivering a superb monologue (that you immediately wanna go tell someone else). What more I ask, do you want?

I liked it, i would like to buy it on DVD, but i dont konw which one…should i get it with El Mariachi or what version.

OUATIM is a devinate buy. Depp rocked that flick.

definitely get the 2-pack. El Mariachi is a must see for film fans, great extras.

i recommend the new double-pack, please use the links on tarantino.info if you want to buy it. i have the double pack myself, it’s great

Once Upon A Time in Mexico is absolutely hilarious, and full of great lines.

My favorite is when Johnny Depp gives the 10 year kid a gun and says.

"Shoot him in the head!  Go ahead, smoke that fucker"

Ahh, that makes me laugh just thinking about it.