New experimental way to search The Archives

I am still playing around with this. Give it a try

www.tarantino.info/research/

I think I might just take the results page out of the layout, so it won’t break. Google doesn’t allow me to slim it down so it fits…

Just tried it. I typed in Tarantino and it gave me a Google page with all the diff links.

well it does work, it just doesn’t look too pretty yet…

If you could just find a way to fix the results page so it fit it would be perfecto.

Whilst we’re on the topic of searching for stuff, one thing that’s always bugged me is the search function on here. So often I’ll be wanting to look up a post, so I’ll type in some key words like “civil war” but I won’t get any results even though I know for a fact that I made a post with those two words in. Can anything be done about this? It can be pretty frustrating when it takes me ages to search for a post

I will take a low-traffic moment to re-index the forum, then searching will re-improve. i had deactivated indexing some months ago when we first had server problems and we were trying everything to isolate the problem. will be fixed

[quote=“Sebastian”]

I think I might just take the results page out of the layout, so it won’t break. Google doesn’t allow me to slim it down so it fits…
[/quote]

made another change. please give it a try and post your experiences

Now we’re rockin and rollin! I really like this function!

i mean, for anyone familiar with the way you search a Wiki, the old regular wiki search bar does the job, but for most people, this search clearly churns out more relevant search results and all that in the blink of an eye

Maybe we could add this to The Deuce too. Esp since theres hundreds of films, it might be a bit easier to do searches.

yeah sure thing. give me a day or so. and a logo that’s about 50px high

hm… .noticed that google’s index is not as up-to-date as i was hoping for… it’s a few days off at the least… that sucks

The new search function is pretty good. I hadn’t seen that post before, must have been lost between the hundred of posts I had to read back from holidays.

About the problem that Ify mentions about the search bar from the forum, I do agree that I often have problems and feel frustrated cause I know for sure there are the pages/posts I’m looking for with the precise keywords and almost never works. But it’s cool if you can do something about it as you said it some posts ago.

yeah I will probably have to put the forum into maintenance mode and it’ll take a while, but i will rebuild that search index…

[quote=“Sebastian”]

[/quote]

google did a recrawl, now more stuff indexed. please test this search and let me know if you’re having trouble finding stuff that’s just THERE but doesn’t show up. please note that it seems google needs a few weeks to index things and some things it just doesnt… so interlinking is very helpful for example