The ear cutting scene was wrong.

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Mr.Pink

The ear cutting scene was wrong.

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:28 am

I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds?  I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark "Chopper" Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood.  The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino.  I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.

Kinick
Fucking Professional

Re: The ear cutting scene was wrong.

Post by Kinick » Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:34 pm

I knew what this topic was going to be about as soon as I read the title. haha I've listened to Chopper's commentary, too. He quotes The Wolf somewhere in it, as well.  ^-^

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Don't really care if there wasn't enough blood... :D
Doesn't change the movie neither better nor worse.
But yeah, you would expect that there would be more blood in real life. But the movie isn't a real life.
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Glaurung
Kiddo

Post by Glaurung » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:42 pm

Yeah.... Tarantino doesn't like gore.

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:41 pm

And its funny horror director Wes Craven walked out on the movie at a screening because it had "realistic" violence.

jonitapani
Real McCoy

Post by jonitapani » Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:06 am

I wouldn't say it's extremely "realistic" violence, it's just made well... Dunno...
ÄLÄKÄ KOLISE!

Roboplege
Kiddo

Post by Roboplege » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:16 pm

I thought Craven walked out cos he said the violence was meaningless or something, and that the violence in his films was always there for a reason. The arrogant sod.

beatrixkiddo
Cowardly Lion

Post by beatrixkiddo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:38 pm

Glaurung wrote:Yeah.... Tarantino doesn't like gore.
Really? wow
"If Quention hadn't made it in the film business, it's very likely he would have ended up a serial killer." - Roger Avary

Mr.Pink

Post by Mr.Pink » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:19 am

Mr.Pink wrote:I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds?  I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark "Chopper" Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood.  The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino.  I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.
Wow my very first post on my very first account.

THE MAN
Cowardly Lion

Post by THE MAN » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:47 pm

Well I saw the "The Cutting Ear Scene Part B" in my Reservoir Dogs DVD, and I think that Marvin Nash loses pretty much blood.
How did you find me? - The Bride
I'm The Man. - Bill

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:40 pm

Mr.Pink wrote:I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds?  I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark "Chopper" Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood.  The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino.  I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.
Maybe QT felt disappointed after that and tried to make up for it by having ridiculous amounts of blood-shed after each limb is cut off in Kill Bill.

darton485
Cowardly Lion

Post by darton485 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:05 pm

Is there an uncut version of it where its even more rough!!??? i love that kind of thing....ha ha

Packerfan
Cowardly Lion

Post by Packerfan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:02 pm

True, it is not as realistic as it might otherwise be. Generally wounds above the neck generate a lot of blood but I agree with the comment that maybe Tarrantino doesn't like gore. However if he doesn't then what is he doing at New York Ranger hockey games?

yvette73smith
Cowardly Lion

Post by yvette73smith » Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:07 am

Haha, I didn't noticed it at first. But now I got curious and watched it over, and yes you are right about it. Wonder why they did it this way.

peterpeters
Cowardly Lion

Post by peterpeters » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:56 am

Ha ha ha. ;D Ofcourse likes Quentin gore but in Reservoir Dogs it was not about the amount of blood but about the tension in this scene.