The ear cutting scene was wrong

I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds? I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark “Chopper” Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood. The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino. I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.

I knew what this topic was going to be about as soon as I read the title. haha I’ve listened to Chopper’s commentary, too. He quotes The Wolf somewhere in it, as well. ^-^

Don’t really care if there wasn’t enough blood… :smiley:

Doesn’t change the movie neither better nor worse.

But yeah, you would expect that there would be more blood in real life. But the movie isn’t a real life.

Yeah… Tarantino doesn’t like gore.

And its funny horror director Wes Craven walked out on the movie at a screening because it had “realistic” violence.

I wouldn’t say it’s extremely “realistic” violence, it’s just made well… Dunno…

I thought Craven walked out cos he said the violence was meaningless or something, and that the violence in his films was always there for a reason. The arrogant sod.

[quote=“Glaurung”]Yeah… Tarantino doesn’t like gore.[/quote]

Really? wow

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds? I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark “Chopper” Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood. The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino. I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.[/quote]
Wow my very first post on my very first account.

Well I saw the “The Cutting Ear Scene Part B” in my Reservoir Dogs DVD, and I think that Marvin Nash loses pretty much blood.

[quote=“Mr.Pink”]I didnt notice the first few times but when Marvin Nash gets his ear cut off havent you noticed it bearly bleeds? I was listening to the commentary on the movie Chopper (film based on criminal Mark “Chopper” Read) where Chopper gets his ear cut off and the real Chopper Read was doing the DVD commentary and stated that Quentin Tarantino was wrong in the movie Reservoir Dogs because there was not much blood. The reason why Chopper knows this is because he actually got both his ears cut off before anyone had heard of Quentin Tarantino. I was just wondering if anyone noticed that.[/quote]

Maybe QT felt disappointed after that and tried to make up for it by having ridiculous amounts of blood-shed after each limb is cut off in Kill Bill.

Is there an uncut version of it where its even more rough??? i love that kind of thing…ha ha

True, it is not as realistic as it might otherwise be. Generally wounds above the neck generate a lot of blood but I agree with the comment that maybe Tarrantino doesn’t like gore. However if he doesn’t then what is he doing at New York Ranger hockey games?

Haha, I didn’t noticed it at first. But now I got curious and watched it over, and yes you are right about it. Wonder why they did it this way.

Ha ha ha. ;D Ofcourse likes Quentin gore but in Reservoir Dogs it was not about the amount of blood but about the tension in this scene.