Definately Quentin’s worst

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:29 pm

Crazy_Hattori wrote: Yeah, that's the thing about the internet, people tend to misinterpret, way more often than in real life. resulting in swearing and bullshit arguments.

I'm supercool in person. If we would meet Ify, I'm sure we would become drinking buddies or something.

I for one am raising my glass already over here.
Ermmm.... I don't drink.
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:02 pm

Knoxville Kingpin wrote: BTW, its silly to argue about KB being two movies. While I wish it would have been one long film I somehow remember having to go see two films. Did anyone else do that? As such, it can only be characterized as being two films in its current form. It was cut and edited into two different films was it not? I hope to one day get a chance to see the movie as one film as it was intended to be. When you can see the film in its full edit, which no one has yet, then you can say its one film.
that's exactly how i feel about kill bill

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:03 am

Btw, I heard Death Proof is being advertised on posters as "The 5th Film by Quentin Tarantino" on the UK posters (which I think is an image of a huge arse and a cgi-looking car). Just thought I'd mention that.  ;)
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2007 11:19 am

yeah but when i saw vol 1 i didn't have the feeling to watch half a film. it felt like a full film. then, vol 2 was released 6 months later and, same thing, it felt like full film. and sometimes i'm in the mood for vol 1 sometimes i'm in the mood for vol 2 and each time it don't feel like i'm watching half a film...

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:24 pm

tonyanthony wrote: yeah but when i saw vol 1 i didn't have the feeling to watch half a film. it felt like a full film. then, vol 2 was released 6 months later and, same thing, it felt like full film. and sometimes i'm in the mood for vol 1 sometimes i'm in the mood for vol 2 and each time it don't feel like i'm watching half a film...
Ah, so it doesn't matter to you that at the end of Volume 1, Bill isn't killed? You could live without having Volume 2? Whether you "felt" lik eyou watched a whole film after watching Volume 1 is irrelevant. Furthermore, that was the effect they were going for. They tried to make Volume 1 as rounded and complete as possible hence the end sequence. However, the film isn't yet complete, The Bride still has another 3 people to kill.
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:33 pm

yeah it is the same at the end of empire strikes back, the story is not finished but the movie is over...

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:02 pm

tonyanthony wrote: yeah it is the same at the end of empire strikes back, the story is not finished but the movie is over...
Kill Bill is different though. It had a definite story. With ESB, you didn't NEED to have RotJ. Besides, each of the films has it's own story which is part of the same saga. With Kill Bill however, there was only ONE story - the one where Beatrix needed to kill Bill. We've been through this, I don't feel like arguing for QT, the fans or even the advertising companies anymore. You think it's two seperate films? So be it. When they are eventually released as one (as intended) I won't need to change my philosophy.

Actually, very many people here haven't stood up for Kill Bill being one film. A poll summons...
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:01 pm

no you're right. but this is how i feel it and i can help it. and i think that i wouldn't have enjoyed vol 1 as much as i did if i didn't think that i was watching a full movie. also when qt spoke of maybe doing a vol 3 he refered to sergio leone's dollar trilogy (3 separate films)

Carlos

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Carlos » Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:44 am

Has anyone ever asked QT that question? (Not that it´s really important for me,but appearently for some others).Definitely you cannot compair it with the Dollar trilogy nor Star Wars.Those were supposed to be three movies before making it. I think KB has been split in two movies while it was made (or not?).

countmalachithrone

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by countmalachithrone » Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:48 am

Its one movie, not two. Trust us.

User avatar
Cpt tonyanthony
Fucking Professional
Posts: 1441
Joined: Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:03 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Cpt tonyanthony » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:05 pm

i trust you guys but at the end of the day i had two different experiences watching vol 1 and vol2 and 6 months had passed between both. and to this day i haven't seen the whole bloody affair nor both volume back to back (i refused to watch them in dvds, they both played long enough in theaters so i can watch each a bunch of times)

countmalachithrone

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by countmalachithrone » Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:10 pm

Tone: I know what youre saying. I felt the same way. With Volume 1 I felt like I was watching an Asian film, with Volume 2 I felt like I was watching a Western.  I guess it makes sense seeing the halves took place mostly in diff parts of the world.

User avatar
Angel
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Angel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 am

Crazy_Hattori wrote: I know that is was supposed to be one movie ORIGINALLY, but STILL, it was released in two VOLUMES.
Exactly. Volumes being the key word. When you say that it was released in two volumes, that doesn't win you the argument. In fact, it loses you the argument. LOTR is six books released in three parts. Kill Bill is one film released in two volumes. I know it sounds a little too fantastical, but things like this happen all the time. If they were two films they would be called Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2.
Image

User avatar
Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:56 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:55 am

This is stupid! Kill Bill will be one film but as of yet it has not been released as one film. When it is released it will not be just two volumes stuck together, it will be a new edit. It was edited into TWO films. If you have seen Kill bill as one film please let me know because I would like to know how the changes made the film better or worse. If youve only seen the two films and think youve seen the film as one let me kick you in the balls now because youre nuts.

There is no argument really. Just some people saying im right because this is the way it was suppossed to be but wasnt. Bluh! How tarded is that?! Very god damned tarded.
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

User avatar
Angel
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2162
Joined: Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:32 am
Location: Australia

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Angel » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:09 am

Knoxville Kingpin wrote: There is no argument really. Just some people saying im right because this is the way it was suppossed to be but wasnt. Bluh! How tarded is that?! Very god damned tarded.
Sounds kind of like your arguments too.

Granted, I am the same person who argued that the two Sid Vicious albums were different because they weren't the same (but included remixes of the same songs). So you'd think I would see it as two films. But when I put it in my top ten it sits as one film.
Knoxville Kingpin wrote: This is stupid! Kill Bill will be one film but as of yet it has not been released as one film. When it is released it will not be just two volumes stuck together, it will be a new edit. It was edited into TWO films. If you have seen Kill bill as one film please let me know because I would like to know how the changes made the film better or worse. If youve only seen the two films and think youve seen the film as one let me kick you in the balls now because youre nuts.
Alias is a series of episodes that make up a show. You don't watch them all in one go, but still consider them one show. Think of it like that.
Image

User avatar
Knoxville Kingpin
Basterd
Posts: 776
Joined: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:56 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Knoxville Kingpin » Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:27 am

Yeah, that really made me change my mind. As of now, its two films. Soon they will be made one as they should be. Its a story in two parts. The film is seperated into two parts. Each one has a start and an end, making them two films. NO, Kill Bill wasnt supossed to be shown like this but it was. Both parts had two totally different feels to them,everyone can agree on that. The film as a whole would not do this as it will likley be very different. Bits of volume one and two mixed together.

I myself would like to see the House of Blue Leaves battle happen much later in the film so the whole bloody thing doesnt drag during the last act.
"Im sorry!" - Stuntman Mike

Image Image

User avatar
Tls321
Kiddo
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:07 pm
Location: Poquoson, Virginia
Contact:

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Tls321 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:11 am

Y'all are crazy I love'em all equaly. There like your own kids.
Travis Strickland B.M.F.

User avatar
Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Austria

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:21 am

Tls321 wrote: Y'all are crazy I love'em all equaly. There like your own kids.
be honest to yourself, there must be one(s) closer to your heart than the others.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:23 pm

Tls321 wrote: Y'all are crazy I love'em all equaly. There like your own kids.
Though QT has gone on the record for saying he doesn't feel as close to JB as he does his other films. Meh, JB is superior to RD in my book.
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Bad Max
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5385
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Bad Max » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:21 pm

Maybe you found your book in a trash can?
Image
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

User avatar
Scarface
Fucking Professional
Posts: 4042
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2003 12:05 am

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Scarface » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:07 pm

Ify wrote: Though QT has gone on the record for saying he doesn't feel as close to JB as he does his other films. Meh, JB is superior to RD in my book.
Understandable. He didn't create the characters after all, Elmore Leonard did.

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:43 pm

Bad Max wrote: Maybe you found your book in a trash can?
Please, Max I beg you, stop with the embarassing, humour-less comments.  :-\
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

User avatar
Bad Max
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5385
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:50 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Bad Max » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:49 pm

Why do you care? I'm the one who supposed to be ashamed and embarrassed.
Image
The German will be sickened by us, the German will talk about us, and the German will fear us.

User avatar
Ify
Fucking Professional
Posts: 5484
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:51 am
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Ify » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:17 am

Ify wrote: Though QT has gone on the record for saying he doesn't feel as close to JB as he does his other films. Meh, JB is superior to RD in my book.
"I don’t want to be a professional. I’m not in the Directors Guild; I don’t want to be. I like holding on to my amateur status. I wanted to be a professional in all the right ways, but I didn’t want it ever to be a job. I even asked: “Would I die for Jackie Brown?â€
Image

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

Winston Wolf
Kiddo
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:32 pm
Location: Suwalki, Poland

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Winston Wolf » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:58 am

Just my little opinion on KB: I take Crazy_Hattori's side. For me it's two movies and I really could live without vol. 2 after seeing vol. 1 (of course I saw KB2).
I really enjoyed your discussion guys, that was an interesting point of yourselves. Although, different people simply have different opinions on this subject, and there's no need to say that the other guy is lame or idiot.
Some fellas here could splash some water on their face. Take a breather. Relax. Have a Chesterfield...  ;D
I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do.

User avatar
StrawBerry_Angel
Hard Drinker
Posts: 119
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:33 pm
Location: Northumberland, UK

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by StrawBerry_Angel » Fri Jan 25, 2008 5:35 am

Jjp wrote: Most women in general don't like Reservoir Dogs.
I adore RD to me it is one of QT's most classic films and i am a woman :P
"Yeah that's easy for you to say, you're Mr. White, you have a cool sounding name. All right look if it's no big deal to be Mr. Pink, do you wanna trade?"
Image

User avatar
Col. Crazy Kenneth
Fucking Professional
Posts: 2378
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 12:04 am
Location: Austria

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by Col. Crazy Kenneth » Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:01 am

http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenav ... =reservoir

Ebert and Roeper make some good points in this review.

While I don't fully agree with them, I can see where they are coming from.
"So much of what you see now in Hollywood is written and directed by committee, and you can see it. Things are so workshopped and so run around the room, and so overthought." - Trey Parker

User avatar
NonStop
Basterd
Posts: 517
Joined: Sun Aug 06, 2006 8:22 pm
Location: England

Re: Definately Quentin’s worst

Post by NonStop » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:59 pm

Jjp wrote: Most women in general don't like Reservoir Dogs.
Why? Just because the characters say things they don't like? I don't like some of the mild racism in there, but ti adds to the characters.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest