Reservoir Dogs: The Play

They have just started casting here in Lubbock, Texas for Reservoir Dogs:The Play. I am supposed to get a copy of the script next week from a friend that is a producer of the play. He says that it will give glory to the movie and not disgrace it. It will be graphic with all the curse words left untouched, and the violence will be as real as possible for the play. Do you guys think that this could work as a play?

Yes. It can work well if you have good actors. Go for it! ;D.

If you could play any of the guys, who would you be, WOLF?

I would be brown just to make the like a Virgin speech i love that its great

I would play Mr. Blonde, but I am not much of an actor.

That’s really cool. There’s a good idea for a play, what’s the budget for this. You should take pictures when it happens.

there are/were plays all over the world: cologne(Germany), Sidney(Australia), some in scandinavia and so on…

But actually I think it’s not the best movie to be transformed into a stage play …

[quote]there are/were plays all over the world: cologne(Germany), Sidney(Australia), some in scandinavia and so on…

But actually I think it’s not the best movie to be transformed into a stage play …[/quote]

Out of all of Tarantino’s movies, its the best one, though. The whole movie took place in one room, and it was far more dialogue/character driven than action driven. Its written a lot like a play, actually.

I think all of QTs movies would make great plays. Even Kill Bill could work. Think about it in stage terms.

[quote]I think all of QTs movies would make great plays. Even Kill Bill could work. Think about it in stage terms. [/quote]

I think it would have to be re-written to be more Elizabethan perhaps. The dialogue of Volume 1 wasn’t strong enough to merit a stage production, but I’ll reserve total judgement until I see what Volume 2 is like.

RESERVOIR DOGS is total play material…like someone stated about basically one location…EXACTLY. Plays limit their sets…think of how many sets would be required for this play…not a whole lot.

And plays tend to be more dialogue driven…Reservoir Dogs is nothing BUT dialogue.

I don’t think pulp would be as good as a play…It has too many slow parts with no dialogue.

Kill Bill…a musical would be funny…but not a play.

Jackie Brown would be interesting.

[quote]

Kill Bill…a musical would be funny…but not a play.

[/quote]

[Goes into Ed Wood mode] I’ve got it! Kill Bill on ice! Brilliant! [/Ed Wood mode]

oh man that’d be seriously retarded lol :wink:

I am getting my hands on the scripted play tomorrow. I will see what they cut, and what they are trying to shoot for. i will give full details when I am done reading it.

The RD play is currently on stage here in Toronto. I was gonna go see it but it got HORRIBLE reviews in the NOW magazine. I’m not surprised because a movie like RD owes much credit to use of the camera (and the man behind it).

If I were to pick a movie I could see on stage it would be a toss up between Dog Day Afternoon and Leaving Las Vegas.

dude a friend and i have been thinking of doing a production of reservoir dogs as a play, but how do i get copyright info in order to make it. please someone help

some movies are ideal for a play

THE BIG KAHUNA

RESERVOIR DOGS

FIGHT CLUB

I think that would be amazing. If you do actually end up getting the script would there be any way that I could possibly get a copy of it? I would really like to put it on at my school.

sure ijust need to find out how to contact whoever i need to to get the copyright info

[quote]some movies are ideal for a play

THE BIG KAHUNA

RESERVOIR DOGS

FIGHT CLUB
[/quote]
How the hell do u figure Fight Club would make a good play? There are too many locations.