Reservoir Dogs and The Wild Bunch

Recently I’ve become obsessed with The Wild Bunch, it is a spectacular film and the more I see it, the more some of the scenes remind me of Tarantino. For example the opening sequence which is a bank robbery that is foiled and goes terribly wrong is similar to the Reservoir Dogs premise. The entire band of estranged robbers in Reservoir Dogs also have a code similar to The Wild Bunch. “You ain’t suppose to kill a man, unless you have to”. There’s also a scene where one of The Wild Bunch members goes blind, similar to Mr. Brown. . .but some other refrences are present in other Tarantino movies like From Dusk Till Dawn, Pulp Fiction. I really need to check out the rest of the Peckinpah films, what a great director.

Never thought of it but your right and Peckinpah rules you gotta check out Bring me the head of alfredo garcia.

straw dogs with dustin hoffman is suppose to be a great pekinpah movie. I saw some if it and thought it was a little weird though. I have the wild bunch, but havent seen all of it yet. I really wanna see convoy, one of the influences for DP. And i also want to see "bring me the head of alfredo garcia’…is it good?

Bring me the head of alfredo garcia is great…it could never fit in one genre thats for sure

I read an article about the reference from The Wild Bunch in RD. Don’t know if I’ll be able to find this article again. But you’re right Biohazard, there are a lot in common in the two movies.

[quote=“me”]
Bring me the head of alfredo garcia is great…it could never fit in one genre thats for sure
[/quote]

it is fantastic it is the film that is the closest to a Jim Thompson novel, more than any other Jim Thompson adaptation. it is one of my favorite film. I just love it. If i had to do a Peckinpah Top 3, it would be: Alfredo Garcia, Wild Bunch, Junior Bonner (or cross of Iron, tough choice… what the hell, let’s make this a top 4 8)

fuckin’damn that movie seems great…I gotta see it!

I forgot that the bad guys in My name is Nobody are…the WILD FUCKIN’ BUNCH!

[quote=“Tristan”]
fuckin’damn that movie seems great…I gotta see it!

I forgot that the bad guys in My name is Nobody are…the WILD FUCKIN’ BUNCH!
[/quote]

And Sam Peckinpah’s name is on one of the graves in the cemetary scene. :slight_smile:

hahaha that’s fuckin’ great

it makes me think that we should watch carefully the graves names in KB2, QT wouldn’t have missed such an opportunity!

He probably used the name of any character, friend…let’s check that out!

I dont think you can see the graves besides Paula Schultz (that name comes from a character in a 60s screwball comedy).

seeeee…I knew it!

he HAD to use at least one reference to what-the-fuck-ever one a grave name!

Kevin Smith uses a lot of lines from Wild Bunch in his movies. Must be a closet western fan.

Without Peckinpah, there’d be no Tarantino or Woo.

Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia is my favorite Peckinpah film.

[quote=“visualsynergy”]
Without Peckinpah, there’d be no Tarantino or Woo.
[/quote]

Good thing there was Peckinpah.

[quote=“robertdiggs36”]
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia is my favorite Peckinpah film.
[/quote]

That’s my favorite as well.