Just Noticed This

I was just watching the scene where Pink, Orange, White and Eddie are driving to the rendevous point. During the conversation, Eddie says: “I have to go with Pink on that one”.

This is BEFORE they get their names. If Pink already knew that he was going to be called Mr.Pink beforehand, then why did he make such a fuss when Joe gave him his name?

Maybe Eddy already knew what his name was going to be.

He is Joe’s son ans they work in the same building.

PULP DOG

Hmmmm Good point. That was a thinker too.

[quote]Maybe Eddy already knew what his name was going to be.

He is Joe’s son ans they work in the same building.

PULP DOG[/quote]

Ah yes but if thats the reason, how come when Eddie call Pink “Pink” in the carride Pink doesnt say, “Hey, why’d you call me Pink?”

Maybe Pink knew about the color based names but he figured Eddie was kidding. When Joe gave him the name “officially” he figured “What the fuck?!”

or MAYBE…Mr. Pink’s real name is Pink! In fact in the early draft script it mentions his real name is Pink Pattori!

…I hope my sarcasm wasn’t too subtle

lol pink pattori thats funny

I used to think maybe Joe or Eddie called all the robbersto go, "Hey, wanna be in a job? Ok, here’s your fake name"

THis way it’d make kinda sense…so they don’t start refering to eachother by their REAL names before the warehouse scene…

but I have a feeling eachone of the robbers has had previous relationships with Joe…doing jobs and such…this would mean they would know not to call eachother their REAL names.

So Eddie calling Pink “pink” before he actually got his name assigned is kinda confusing

um…are you sure. I couls have swore that this was after the got their names. This was only a little while before they did the job.

they were driving to the warehouse…cause everyone in the car is dressed like they are in the next scene (Warehouse)

[quote]

Ah yes but if thats the reason, how come when Eddie call Pink “Pink” in the carride Pink doesnt say, “Hey, why’d you call me Pink?”
[/quote]

Well Eddy says it really quickly maybe Pink didn’t hear him say it.

PULP DOG

I think they must have been given the names unofficially before, then Joe says them all so they all know each others, and also so it can be a cool scene in the film.

they would have been given the names before that car ride because remember that just before we see freddie practicising the drug deal anecdote he tells his cop mate in the cafe that theyve all been given a name, mr orange, mr white.

so mr pink complaining about his name is probably only after he heard how everyone else had cooler names

I was watching Parkinson the other day (A British talk show) and it was an Mohammed Ali special (1971). Anyway, Parkinson asked Ali “Some people do they claim they can beat you, do they try to fight you?” and Ali replied "Even if he dreams it he better wake up and appologise. Well did QT take this line from Ali to use in Reservoir Dogs or is this like a known saying which people use?

Well, Iv’e only heard it in Reservoir Dogs. But Ali probably said it!

[quote=“elkie”]
Well, Iv’e only heard it in Reservoir Dogs. But Ali probably said it!
[/quote]

Ali DID say it

Thats what I meant, I dont know why I said “probably”? :-[ Im embarrassed. I had seen It written in a magazine once.

[quote=“elkie”]
Thats what I meant, I dont know why I said “probably”? :-[ Im embarrassed. I had seen It written in a magazine once.
[/quote]

ha ha, no need to be embarrassed!

Anyway, can anyone answer my question?
[quote=“Ify”]
I was watching Parkinson the other day (A British talk show) and it was an Mohammed Ali special (1971). Anyway, Parkinson asked Ali “Some people do they claim they can beat you, do they try to fight you?” and Ali replied "Even if he dreams it he better wake up and appologise. Well did QT take this line from Ali to use in Reservoir Dogs or is this like a known saying which people use?
[/quote]

[quote=“Lee_Marvin_Fan”]
I was just watching the scene where Pink, Orange, White and Eddie are driving to the rendevous point. During the conversation, Eddie says: “I have to go with Pink on that one”.

This is BEFORE they get their names. If Pink already knew that he was going to be called Mr.Pink beforehand, then why did he make such a fuss when Joe gave him his name?
[/quote]

They were all given their names before the warehouse meeting. We know this because two cops are following Mr. Orange and the gang to the warehouse, so they already knew he was inside. The cops did not know he was inside until Mr. Orange met Holdaway at the diner, during which meeting he told Holdaway how he had met Mr. White and that he was Mr. Orange.

The meeting at the warehouse was just to give everybody their names to each other, kind of an introduction. Watch Mr. Pink when Joe is announcing the first row – Mr. Brown, White and Blonde – you can see him reacting as each name is called. He decided to protest then, because a) he wanted to wait until everybody was there, so they would know the name was just random, and not any indication of his true personality or b) he saw how nobody else had a “girly” name and reacted accordingly or c) both a and b.

Interesting twist: Joe tells Pink there is actually a worse name than Mr. Pink, which is Mr. Yellow. Now, none of the Dogs is truly named Mr. Yellow, however, one of them has a color which is basically Yellow. Was Tarantino hinting at his true feelings for one of the characters?

[quote=“rpepper”]
They were all given their names before the warehouse meeting. We know this because two cops are following Mr. Orange and the gang to the warehouse, so they already knew he was inside. The cops did not know he was inside until Mr. Orange met Holdaway at the diner, during which meeting he told Holdaway how he had met Mr. White and that he was Mr. Orange.

The meeting at the warehouse was just to give everybody their names to each other, kind of an introduction. Watch Mr. Pink when Joe is announcing the first row – Mr. Brown, White and Blonde – you can see him reacting as each name is called. He decided to protest then, because a) he wanted to wait until everybody was there, so they would know the name was just random, and not any indication of his true personality or b) he saw how nobody else had a “girly” name and reacted accordingly or c) both a and b.

Interesting twist: Joe tells Pink there is actually a worse name than Mr. Pink, which is Mr. Yellow. Now, none of the Dogs is truly named Mr. Yellow, however, one of them has a color which is basically Yellow. Was Tarantino hinting at his true feelings for one of the characters?
[/quote]

What are you trying to say? That QT actually hates Mr. Blonde? Very interesting.

PS: I know you probably won’t ever answer this, but I like to remain positive. :slight_smile: