Just Noticed This

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Lee_Marvin_Fan

Just Noticed This

Post by Lee_Marvin_Fan » Thu Nov 13, 2003 12:31 am

I was just watching the scene where Pink, Orange, White and Eddie are driving to the rendevous point. During the conversation, Eddie says: "I have to go with Pink on that one".
This is BEFORE they get their names. If Pink already knew that he was going to be called Mr.Pink beforehand, then why did he make such a fuss when Joe gave him his name?

Reservoir_Dude

Re: Just Noticed This

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:03 am

Maybe Eddy already knew what his name was going to be.
He is Joe's son ans they work in the same building.

PULP DOG

Bullet

Post by Bullet » Thu Nov 13, 2003 5:21 am

Hmmmm Good point. That was a thinker too.

Lee_Marvin_Fan

Post by Lee_Marvin_Fan » Fri Nov 14, 2003 11:24 pm

Maybe Eddy already knew what his name was going to be.
He is Joe's son ans they work in the same building.

PULP DOG
Ah yes but if thats the reason, how come when Eddie call Pink "Pink" in the carride Pink doesnt say, "Hey, why'd you call me Pink?"

mrs_blonde

Post by mrs_blonde » Sat Nov 15, 2003 1:47 am

Maybe Pink knew about the color based names but he figured Eddie was kidding. When Joe gave him the name "officially" he figured "What the fuck?!"

Dead_Nigga_Storage

Post by Dead_Nigga_Storage » Sat Nov 15, 2003 7:13 am

or MAYBE.....Mr. Pink's real name is Pink! In fact in the early draft script it mentions his real name is Pink Pattori!

...I hope my sarcasm wasn't too subtle

AMD1014

Post by AMD1014 » Sun Nov 16, 2003 8:10 am

lol pink pattori thats funny

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:05 am

I used to think maybe Joe or Eddie called all the robbersto go, "Hey, wanna be in a job? Ok, here's your fake name"

THis way it'd make kinda sense.....so they don't start refering to eachother by their REAL names before the warehouse scene........

but I have a feeling eachone of the robbers has had previous relationships with Joe.........doing jobs and such....this would mean they would know not to call eachother their REAL names.

So Eddie calling Pink "pink" before he actually got his name assigned is kinda confusing

Starkey
Real McCoy

Post by Starkey » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:07 pm

um...are you sure. I couls have swore that this was after the got their names. This was only a little while before they did the job.
NEW DRHOMEALONE BANNER!!!

Cherry_Licker

Post by Cherry_Licker » Tue Nov 18, 2003 5:45 am

they were driving to the warehouse...cause everyone in the car is dressed like they are in the next scene (Warehouse)

Reservoir_Dude

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Tue Nov 18, 2003 7:12 am

Ah yes but if thats the reason, how come when Eddie call Pink "Pink" in the carride Pink doesnt say, "Hey, why'd you call me Pink?"
Well Eddy says it really quickly maybe Pink didn't hear him say it.

PULP DOG

Larry_Dimick
Hard Drinker

Post by Larry_Dimick » Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:49 pm

I think they must have been given the names unofficially before, then Joe says them all so they all know each others, and also so it can be a cool scene in the film.
...with extreme prejudice

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:42 pm

they would have been given the names before that car ride because remember that just before we see freddie practicising the drug deal anecdote he tells his cop mate in the cafe that theyve all been given a name, mr orange, mr white.

so mr pink complaining about his name is probably only after he heard how everyone else had cooler names

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Jan 03, 2005 11:04 pm

I was watching Parkinson the other day (A British talk show) and it was an Mohammed Ali special (1971). Anyway, Parkinson asked Ali "Some people do they claim they can beat you, do they try to fight you?" and Ali replied "Even if he dreams it he better wake up and appologise. Well did QT take this line from Ali to use in Reservoir Dogs or is this like a known saying which people use?

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

elkie

Post by elkie » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:59 am

Well, Iv'e only heard it in Reservoir Dogs. But Ali probably said it!

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:26 pm

elkie wrote: Well, Iv'e only heard it in Reservoir Dogs. But Ali probably said it!
Ali DID say it

"Movies are my religion and God is my patron. I'm lucky enough to be in the position where I don't make movies to pay for my pool. When I make a movie, I want it to be everything to me; like I would die for it." - QT

elkie

Post by elkie » Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:50 am

Thats what I meant, I dont know why I said "probably"? :-[ Im embarrassed. I had seen It written in a magazine once.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:54 pm

elkie wrote: Thats what I meant, I dont know why I said "probably"? :-[ Im embarrassed. I had seen It written in a magazine once.
ha ha, no need to be embarrassed!

Anyway, can anyone answer my question?
Ify wrote: I was watching Parkinson the other day (A British talk show) and it was an Mohammed Ali special (1971). Anyway, Parkinson asked Ali "Some people do they claim they can beat you, do they try to fight you?" and Ali replied "Even if he dreams it he better wake up and appologise. Well did QT take this line from Ali to use in Reservoir Dogs or is this like a known saying which people use?

rpepper

Post by rpepper » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:31 am

Lee_Marvin_Fan wrote: I was just watching the scene where Pink, Orange, White and Eddie are driving to the rendevous point. During the conversation, Eddie says: "I have to go with Pink on that one".
This is BEFORE they get their names. If Pink already knew that he was going to be called Mr.Pink beforehand, then why did he make such a fuss when Joe gave him his name?
They were all given their names before the warehouse meeting. We know this because two cops are following Mr. Orange and the gang to the warehouse, so they already knew he was inside. The cops did not know he was inside until Mr. Orange met Holdaway at the diner, during which meeting he told Holdaway how he had met Mr. White and that he was Mr. Orange.

The meeting at the warehouse was just to give everybody their names to each other, kind of an introduction. Watch Mr. Pink when Joe is announcing the first row -- Mr. Brown, White and Blonde -- you can see him reacting as each name is called. He decided to protest then, because a) he wanted to wait until everybody was there, so they would know the name was just random, and not any indication of his true personality or b) he saw how nobody else had a "girly" name and reacted accordingly or c) both a and b.

Interesting twist: Joe tells Pink there is actually a worse name than Mr. Pink, which is Mr. Yellow. Now, none of the Dogs is truly named Mr. Yellow, however, one of them has a color which is basically Yellow. Was Tarantino hinting at his true feelings for one of the characters?

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:48 pm

rpepper wrote: They were all given their names before the warehouse meeting. We know this because two cops are following Mr. Orange and the gang to the warehouse, so they already knew he was inside. The cops did not know he was inside until Mr. Orange met Holdaway at the diner, during which meeting he told Holdaway how he had met Mr. White and that he was Mr. Orange.

The meeting at the warehouse was just to give everybody their names to each other, kind of an introduction. Watch Mr. Pink when Joe is announcing the first row -- Mr. Brown, White and Blonde -- you can see him reacting as each name is called. He decided to protest then, because a) he wanted to wait until everybody was there, so they would know the name was just random, and not any indication of his true personality or b) he saw how nobody else had a "girly" name and reacted accordingly or c) both a and b.

Interesting twist: Joe tells Pink there is actually a worse name than Mr. Pink, which is Mr. Yellow. Now, none of the Dogs is truly named Mr. Yellow, however, one of them has a color which is basically Yellow. Was Tarantino hinting at his true feelings for one of the characters?
What are you trying to say? That QT actually hates Mr. Blonde? Very interesting.

PS: I know you probably won't ever answer this, but I like to remain positive.  :)

Winston Wolf
Kiddo

Post by Winston Wolf » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:48 am

He's Mr. Pink cause he's a faggot, alright?
I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do.

VikingWithNoName
Basterd

Post by VikingWithNoName » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:37 pm

Dead_Nigga_Storage wrote: or MAYBE.....Mr. Pink's real name is Pink! In fact in the early draft script it mentions his real name is Pink Pattori!

...I hope my sarcasm wasn't too subtle
His real name is Pink? He is mayby refering to Pink Floyd?
The Tunehunter. I love my nickname just becouse i have earned it.

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 12, 2009 5:53 pm

Ify wrote: I was watching Parkinson the other day (A British talk show) and it was an Mohammed Ali special (1971). Anyway, Parkinson asked Ali "Some people do they claim they can beat you, do they try to fight you?" and Ali replied "Even if he dreams it he better wake up and appologise. Well did QT take this line from Ali to use in Reservoir Dogs or is this like a known saying which people use?
Oh I just noticed your post, never hangd around this topic. But to answer to your question, this is a very famous Ali quote (at least for every Ali fans like I am). So I guess Tarantino must know it or must have heard about it.

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:17 pm

cyber-lili wrote: Oh I just noticed your post, never hangd around this topic. But to answer to your question, this is a very famous Ali quote (at least for every Ali fans like I am). So I guess Tarantino must know it or must have heard about it.
Thank Yooouuu!!

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Post by cyber-lili » Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:41 pm

Ahah, no need to thank me, you deserve an answer after three years, four even we can say since you posted it in january. I guess it reveals that there aren't true Ali lovers in here ;D

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:49 am

Yeah, wow, it's been four years since I posted that. Can't believe it's been so long, I've been awaiting a response, and have been dreaming of this day ever since  ;D  I can now die, my life is complete  ;D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:44 am

Whoa there mate.  Sarcasm has it's limits.  Who the fuck could die happy before seeing Inglourious Basterds?
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:14 am

Inglourious Basterds is gonna suck..... there I said it!

>:D

Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Fucking Professional

Post by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz » Tue Jan 13, 2009 4:02 am

Go ahead and get out of the gene pool now.
"That's it.  Like my old Granddaddy used to always say, the less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect." - QT- Four Rooms

Ify
Fucking Professional

Post by Ify » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:47 pm

Fine...