Why is Mr. Blonde Bad?

Blonde had no justification whatsoever to cut that cop’s ear off. The others shot cops only because they had to.

Pink: I don’t want to kill anybody, but if you’re in my way one way or the other you’re gettin’ out of my way,

White: The choice between doing ten years and wasting a cop ain’t no choice at all.

Blonde: I don’t really give a good fuck what you know or don’t know, but I’m gonna torture you anyway.

See the difference?

Even though he is obviously my hero, I really see no reason for him to cut off poor Marvin’s ear, but all the other stuff is justified. I mean, the stupid store clerks set off the alarm! I hate alarms too.

he’s a psycho. watch the movie and tell me you want this asshole as your neighbor ;_)

If you had just gotten out after four years in the slammer, and was facing the very real possibility of having to go back, right when you had just reached pay dirt, I think you’d go a little pyscho.

I’m guessing that he went temporarily insane (the whole length of the shooting spree) once he heard the alarm go off, and him cutting off Marvin’s ear fits in with Mr. White’s and Mr. Pink’s philosophies. After all, they were roughing him up just as much - if not more - than Mr. Blonde after they dragged him in, and they were just as willing to kill him (maybe not in the same manner) afterwards. They didn’t even care when, much less argue, when Nice Guy Eddie blew him away, either.

Blonde may be a bad guy…but he’s definitely loyal to his friends, knows how to follow orders, and, in all probability, is not THAT psychotic. Don’t focus too much on White’s lines…he was pissed off at nearly being killed and was pretty guilt ridden over Mr. Orange.

ok it was a jeweraly store not a bank, there was no justification to cut off marvins ear, if he shot him it may be alright

HOLY SHIT! Just think if Mr. Blonde was my neighbor… That would be SO awesome!! I’d be over at his house all the time!! ;D

Is there really justification for crime in general?

No, there’s not. But in a movie, when it’s fake, there can be. No one’s getting hurt in the movies. That’s the way I look at it.

I’ve never seen Blonde as a “bad guy” because to me he does seem human and not like a monster or something. One thing that makes me think he’s a psycho or on the verge of being a maniac is that he doesn’t beat up Marvin. He sits down and waits his turn. When they all leave he goes crazy. I don’t know, he seems like a sane madman to me. I know that makes no sense.

Oh no, I’ll speak for myself in saying that I totally understand what you’re saying. That’s a nice way to think about it. :slight_smile:

i understand, but hes just fakin when others are around

As stated before I doubt that white, pink, or anyone else besides orange would have cared about blonde killing the cop, they had to kill him anyway because he saw their faces, they probably would have been alittle freaked out about the whole toture thing but wouldnt care either way. I dont think hes bad maybe alittle excentric(sp?), he might be a masochist, while he was tortureing marvin he said something about torture intruiging him and begging was pointless cause he heard it all before, both suggesting he had tortured before and that he liked it.

[quote]i know this has been discussed before in different topics, but just to make it clear right here, right now, why is Mr. Blonde considered such an evil guy?  i thought all his actions were justified throughout the film, even though initially he seemed like a psycho.  I thought tarantino did that on purpose, to show how things are never what they seem.  i mean you got him torturing cops, but isnt that justified when you got white and pink talking about cops as if they aren’t “real people”?  plus, his ass probably got fuked around by the prison guards so i guess its understandable.  you got him shooting people at the bank, but who ever heard of a compassionate bankrobber?  wan’t he just taking care of business?  i just think he’s someone who’s been in the game long enough to do things the practical way.  [/quote]

Nothing could justify what he did, or what he would’ve done had he lived longer. He was both VERY sick and VERY evil, that latter of which you can’t be made into. The difference between Blonde and the other dogs is that, while the other dogs would be content to beat the cop (an action that is very evil, but not necessarily the action of an evil person) after much stress in the shootout (White also killed cops in self-defense), Blone sadistically tortured the cop, an action that would’ve sickened either White or Pink. I mean come on! He cut the cops ear off, and was going to burn him to death. He was crazy, I’ll give you that, but he was also evil as sin. Somthing White wasn’t.

Also, even if White and Pink hated cops, how on earth would that make it right? Nothing in prison could’ve made his action acceptable.

[quote]If you had just gotten out after four years in the slammer, and was facing the very real possibility of having to go back, right when you had just reached pay dirt, I think you’d go a little pyscho.

I’m guessing that he went temporarily insane (the whole length of the shooting spree) once he heard the alarm go off, and him cutting off Marvin’s ear fits in with Mr. White’s and Mr. Pink’s philosophies.  After all, they were roughing him up just as much - if not more - than Mr. Blonde after they dragged him in, and they were just as willing to kill him (maybe not in the same manner) afterwards.  They didn’t even care when, much less argue, when Nice Guy Eddie blew him away, either. ÂÂ

Blonde may be a bad guy…but he’s definitely loyal to his friends, knows how to follow orders, and, in all probability, is not THAT psychotic.  Don’t focus too much on White’s lines…he was pissed off at nearly being killed and was pretty guilt ridden over Mr. Orange.  [/quote]

Temporarily insane? Uh-uh. Maybe during the bank scene, but on two occasions? That is pure craziness. Take the torture scene for example. He was calm and cool, and yet he was wanting to torture this cop to death. Again, he was crazy and evil.

[quote]I’ve never seen Blonde as a “bad guy” because to me he does seem human and not like a monster or something. One thing that makes me think he’s a psycho or on the verge of being a maniac is that he doesn’t beat up Marvin. He sits down and waits his turn. When they all leave he goes crazy. I don’t know, he seems like a sane madman to me. I know that makes no sense.[/quote]

I’ll stop posting soon, as I’m sure this is annoying and repetitive (and I’m ignoring the edit function) but this action is very telling of his character. White and Pink beat the cop, as a way of getting information and relieving tension, (as a bit of this is forgiveable given through what they just went through…although the actions were evil…), Blonde waits. He is calm, cool, and in the boundries of his mind. He waits for the others to leave so he can have his go. These are actions of PURE evil, not insanity.

But he also was the best of all of the Dogs. He was a good guy…I think you hve your morals mixed up with…something. I’m not sure. Blonde wasn’t just some kid who tortured ants (which would make him evil by the way), he tortured other people. I don’t know how you can say that a sociopathic murderer is better than an essentially honest cop who risks his life to take down a ruthless kingpin. Again…I think your moral characterizations of these people are out of proportion.

[quote]he’s a psycho. watch the movie and tell me you want this asshole as your neighbor ;_)[/quote]

I wouldn't mind. Or would I.

PULP DOG

If this guy was my neighbour id go over to his house and listen to some Kbilly’s

[quote]
i think in the context of the film, in that underworld of gangsters, etc, i feel like blonde is not evil.  i feel like QT really puts you into that world, in all facets, and you start to get under the skin of the characters. i mean, thats why the first few viewing of the film, i thought orange was a good guy, but after seeing it over and over again, i respected blonde over orange.  i suppose in the end, you are right, orange was the “good guy” cop, but dont ever wonder if the cops are the good guys anyway?  I mean even White cared more about orange than the cops who were waiting at the wherehouse for joe?  [/quote]

Because they didn’t know anything was wrong with Orange.  ::slight_smile:

White was a good guy though. Blonde was not. He was a sadistic psychotic sociopathic murderer, and he deserved what he got. Your whole defense of him has no basis and have no supporting proof. Sorry man…

Also, the context of film is universal. Sure, an evil man can be less evil in comarison to the rest of the guys around him (not the case with Blonde), but good is good and evil is evil, regardless of the context in which the film occurs. The value of morals is something that never changes.

imo hes a fuckin phyco