The Suits

Okay so i’ve had this question that’s been bothering me for a while. Why are they all wearing suits? I’ll admit it looks cool but was it just a coincidence or were they told to wear it or did they just want to dress up for a robbery. I just don’t understand!!! ???

Well, typically during a robbery people panic…can u imagine being caught in a robbery as an employee or a customer…and these 6 gangsters bust out guns…it’d be hard to remember what they look like cause they are all wearing the same thing. Most you could remember is, "One had a mustache, one was older…one had yeah you get the picture.

Just think of it as wearing masks during a robbery, but COOLER.

I always thought the reason they wore the B&W suits with sunglasses was so people would think they were government agents or something like that. Especially if theyre trying not to call attention to themselves as robbers.

I alway thought that is was a thing like “what did they look like?” Well they were all wearing suites. Well theirs hundreds of guys wearing suits.

Suit Mystery…

Doesn’t Vince and Jules wear suits too? And so does Jackie Brown, she goes to the mall and buys a suit…connections? connections?

All the crazy 88’s are wearing suits too. Maybe there is a connection just like all the trunk shots.

B.T.W. thanks for finally clearing up that question everyone . It’s been bugging me ever since I watched it thanks again.

EDIT

I just noticed that even in his cameo in Little Nicky he’s wearing a suit.

[quote]   All the crazy 88’s are wearing suits too.  Maybe there is a connection just like all the trunk shots. ÂÂ

B.T.W. thanks for finally clearing up that question everyone .  It’s been bugging me ever since I watched it thanks again. [/quote]

All of QTs films so far have black n white suits or clothing. Jackie Brown wears a black n white outfit too when shes at the mall for the switch.

Note: Anyone notice the mannequin thats wearing Jackies chosen B&W outfit looks alot like Mia Wallace. :slight_smile:

QT said the Crazy 88s outfits are based on the Reservoir Dogs suits except they have Kato masks instead of sunglasses.

I might need to rewatch Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown again, but isn’t Mia Wallace’s outfit at Jack Rabbit Slim’s at the very least similar to the suit Jackie buys in the clothing store?

[quote]I might need to rewatch Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown again, but isn’t Mia Wallace’s outfit at Jack Rabbit Slim’s at the very least similar to the suit Jackie buys in the clothing store?[/quote]

Yep. Same style with the open collar.

[quote]

Note: Anyone notice the mannequin thats wearing Jackies chosen B&W outfit looks alot like Mia Wallace. :slight_smile:

[/quote]

Ok, here's another one. Did you notice that the Elvis sunglasses Buck has in "Kill Bill" are the same pair Clarence wears in "True Romance"? :)

George Clooney and Tarantino wear suits in From Dusk Till Dawn…not with thin ties…but close.

I guess gangsters just like to look nice…plus they look totally badass.

If I was a gangster, I’d dress up Tarantino style!

Ok here’s why:

The store they were robbing was a jewelry store. Chances are good that it was a “rich” store on a “rich” street.

So

A) They would blend in with the people walking around.

B) They wouldn’t call attention to themselves.

C) They would blend in with employees. So if the cops came in… and all they knew was “They have black suits on.” Well so dose everyone in the store!

8)

I dont know if its mentioned in the movie or in the dvd’s special features, but the black suites are explained.

[quote]Well, typically during a robbery people panic…can u imagine being caught in a robbery as an employee or a customer…and these 6 gangsters bust out guns…it’d be hard to remember what they look like cause they are all wearing the same thing. Most you could remember is, "One had a mustache, one was older…one had yeah you get the picture.
[/quote]

Thats basically how it was explained when I heard it.

[quote]I dont know if its mentioned in the movie or in the dvd’s special features, but the black suites are explained.

Thats basically how it was explained when I heard it.[/quote]

i think i heard it sum where 2

[quote]Well, typically during a robbery people panic…can u imagine being caught in a robbery as an employee or a customer…and these 6 gangsters bust out guns…it’d be hard to remember what they look like cause they are all wearing the same thing. Most you could remember is, "One had a mustache, one was older…one had yeah you get the picture.

Just think of it as wearing masks during a robbery, but COOLER.[/quote]

Thats the same thing I was gonna write, good job ;D

PULP DOG

the only reason they wore suits was because they looked like badass stone cold killers wearing them in the flick. one word: style. you can never beat the black suit. simple but powerful. they could have gone in dressed like the village people but i think the flick would have been alot different.

[quote]the only reason they wore suits was because they looked like badass stone cold killers wearing them in the flick. one word: style. you can never beat the black suit. simple but powerful. they could have gone in dressed like the village people but i think the flick would have been alot different.[/quote]

Yeah. Then it would have been just like all the other movies playing at the Sundance Film Festivel that year. :wink:

[quote]

All of QTs films so far have black n white suits or clothing. Jackie Brown wears a black n white outfit too when shes at the mall for the switch.

QT said the Crazy 88s outfits are based on the Reservoir Dogs suits except they have Kato masks instead of sunglasses.

[/quote]

From Dusk Till Dawn also (but Seth has no shirt or tie)

Yeah well those suits are right out of John woo’s a better tomorrow 2.

[quote]Yeah well those suits are right out of John woo’s a better tomorrow 2.[/quote]

Thats old news man.