Best Actor

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Lee_Marvin_Fan

Best Actor

Post by Lee_Marvin_Fan » Sat Oct 11, 2003 1:33 am

Ok, in terms of acting, who was the best in Resrvoir Dogs? I thought Steve Buscemi was brilliant, but I like eveything he's in (except Con Air.........PEE-U!)

Reservoir_Dude

Re: Best Actor

Post by Reservoir_Dude » Tue Oct 14, 2003 7:18 am

The best actor in this movie was Steve. So cool. He was so cool.

Mr Pink
I don't because society says I have to. I'll tip if somebody really deserve a tip if they really put forth an effort but tipping automatic is for the birds.

Lee_Marvin_Fan

Post by Lee_Marvin_Fan » Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:29 pm

Steve should get his own board, so we could talk about his amazing career........

BadMotherFucker

Post by BadMotherFucker » Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:20 am

Steve should get his own board, so we could talk about his amazing career........
Make a topic called "Steve Buscemi" in the non-tarantino movie board, and you can talk about him all you want. He was the best in Dogs.
Last edited by BadMotherFucker on Thu Oct 16, 2003 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Starkey
Real McCoy

Post by Starkey » Thu Oct 16, 2003 4:28 am

Steve is as funny as hell in Dogs. I laughed my ass off at some of the shit that came out of his mouth. He was the best. Steve was also great in Fargo, the movie was pretty good but his parts were awsome.
NEW DRHOMEALONE BANNER!!!

Lee_Marvin_Fan

Post by Lee_Marvin_Fan » Thu Oct 16, 2003 11:26 pm

Ever see ghost town? Steve practically has the lead role!

I was only joking about the board comment, but i really like Steve as as actor.

Puck

Post by Puck » Fri Oct 17, 2003 12:35 am

Harvey Keitel for me.  The man outshines everyone else in every scene he's in.    

mrs_blonde

Post by mrs_blonde » Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:28 am

Keitel and Buscemi were both awesome in Dogs. I love Pink and White just has this don't-fuck-with-me attitude I love. But, seriously, nobody, and I mean nobody else could have played Blonde as perfectly as Madsen.

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:08 pm

The best one was Michael Madsen! After Reservoir Dogs I'll never imagine Madsen as someone else. He fit perfecty with his character. Even looking at him in Kill Bill was somehow weird. The scene where he looked like Blonde, was in Vol.2. Massacre at two pines, when they came to eliminate everyone. Budd was so cool when he was killer not when acting a cowboy.
[img width=500 height=66]http://i41.tinypic.com/9sqlpu.jpg[/img]

Johny_Exhale2

Post by Johny_Exhale2 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:15 pm

Harvey Keitel, back then he was probably the only 'big' actor (he and lawrence tierney) in it

hes simply my favorite actor ever because he has a quality wich is rare, he proves that in dogs too

Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth
Fucking Professional

Post by Elmer Ephraim Ellsworth » Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:01 am

I gotta go w/ Buscemi, he's just so frigg'in hilarious in dogs, and he's my favorite character actor of all time. In my opinion no one's better than Steve.

taxi2insanity
Cowardly Lion

Post by taxi2insanity » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:31 am

Buscemi was the best, but you have to give some credit to Tim Roth.  He had probably the toughest role in the movie, and he played it flawlessly.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.  --The Usual Suspects

Jot

Post by Jot » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:33 am

Buscemi was the most enjoyable guy in the film, but in terms of acting ability you gotta hand it to Michael Madsen, he pulled off the psycho Blonde brilliantly!

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:30 pm

Keitel was much better in Pulp Fiction, he was just so damn cool. His roles must be ellegant, he has to play aristocrats that play golf and snooker and visit evening parties. And Roth should play a lazy slacker who gets on everyones nerves, wears a Havaiian shirt and gets shot at the end. Buscemi and Madsen were the real gangsters.

kill olle
Hard Drinker

Post by kill olle » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:13 pm

steve buscemi and micheal madsen is the best actor in reservoir dogs! :)

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Sat Nov 06, 2004 12:21 pm

kill olle wrote: steve buscemi and micheal madsen is the best actor in reservoir dogs! :)
Yes, yes that's what I always say! They really look like gangsters. And Eddie Bunker too. He looked pretty calm and dangerous. And maybe Tarantino, but we will never know how evil and gangsterish he really was.
Mr. Pink is egoistic, works fast and does what he has to do. He'll always do what will be best for him. And he is not cowardly. And Buscemi played this character very good.

MiaWallace

Post by MiaWallace » Sat Nov 06, 2004 2:51 pm

I'm more impressed by Tim's work. I have a stomachache when he's racked with pain. His acting is the finest imo.

morty

Post by morty » Sat Nov 06, 2004 8:14 pm

all the actors in reservour dogs are amazing but I aggree that steve is the best not just cos he plays my favorite character but I think he is a brilliant actor, in fact I think he is my overall favorite actor

Metallic_Slayer

Post by Metallic_Slayer » Sat Nov 06, 2004 9:54 pm

Even if I respect all the actor's efforts, I simply HAVE to pick Madsen.

Like someone else said, after RD, Michael will NEVER be some other character to me... he's born to play Mr. Blonde, similar to Brando being Vito Corleone. I believe it's really hard to portrait a character that far away from your own, personal character and still do a fantastic job at it. From what I heard, Madsen felt very uncomfortable doing the whole torture scence... but do you actually notice that? No, not a second, that's how well Michael plays that person. In my opinion, that deserves credit.

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Sat Nov 06, 2004 10:06 pm

At last. At last.

morty

Post by morty » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:59 pm

Steve could totally play that part and be really convinceing, in fact just imagine him playing Mr.Blone "are you gonna bark all day, or are you gonna bite"

Jot

Post by Jot » Wed Nov 10, 2004 3:41 am

morty wrote: Steve could totally play that part and be really convinceing, in fact just imagine him playing Mr.Blone "are you gonna bark all day, or are you gonna bite"
OOO SACRALIGE! The idea of Mr Blonde being played by anyone else but Madsen, just seems...wrong. And besides that would mean somone else would have to play Steve's part, and we all know that no one could come close to playing Mr Pink as well as him  ;D

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:17 pm

And I can't imagine Madsen playing other roles. Oh come on, Tarantino always finds the best roles for the right actors. Like Uma - I only like her in Tarantino movies. And Madsen - both Kill Bill and Reservoir Dogs he played the very sadistic, "I'm cool" guy. And looks like he doesn't care much about other things and people.

morty

Post by morty » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:19 pm

Damn right! ;D

seriously though, I could imagine him playing Blone really well, also he could play a pretty cool Orange too, I can just see him bleeding all over the car in the second scene ;D, But I do think Steve is best as pink.

Bleach
Fucking Professional

Post by Bleach » Wed Nov 10, 2004 4:24 pm

No, no, no! Buscemi can't play Orange bleeding in that car! He can play those sneaky, egoistic, sarcastic guys, who get on everyone's nerves, not a bleeding man in serious pain who even doesn't understand what he's saying.
Oh god, I'm so negatory, that's because I can't imagine those guys playing some other roles  ;D.

deadlypudding

Post by deadlypudding » Wed Nov 17, 2004 4:27 am

My favotites were Keitel and Roth. Harvey Keitel plays characters like his very nicely especially Mr. White and The Wolf. Tim Roth is my all-time favorite actor for some reason. He always has a kind of sophisticated character that has some secret or some inner conflict. I guess the exception would be the bellhop from Four Rooms that he played as.

BitchSlapBessy
Cowardly Lion

Post by BitchSlapBessy » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:32 pm

looking back on it, i can't pin point which actor was better than the rest. everyone seemed to be right on their marks, but if i had to choose, i'd have to say Tierny solely because of the line "So mad at you guys i can hardly breathe. *sniff* let's go to work" the way he does that line and "okay, ramblers let's get ramblin'" and his confrontation with Keitel, it was on, it was on better than the rest of the movie because he was natural.

-meghan
"I got a fever! And the only cure! Is more cowbell!"

Kill Phill

Post by Kill Phill » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:13 am

Keitel was great, but buscemi was awesome. he plays such a great whiny, sneaky, sarcastic character that its almost impossible to see anybody else but him play that role.

Joseph
Hard Drinker

Post by Joseph » Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:17 pm

I agree, but i dont think there was anything "sneaky" about mr. pink

he was the most unsneaky one, i think

MsOrange

Post by MsOrange » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:15 am

I'm bored and a little intoxicated tonight, so I'm a posting fiend...

Ok, really, I think the acting in this movie is so grossly underappreciated that it's tragic. It's hard to single one person out as the best. My unbiased opinion is that there is a certain brilliance to each of them.

Everyone loves Pink and Blonde... and as far as actors go, you don't get much better that those two.. In anything. Watching the subdance workshop scenes with Buscemi as white are just riduclously compelling. Pink is a character, y'know... he's wiry and we love him, but Buscemi  does so much more than that.

I likes me some Orange though. As an actor, that part is the most appealing to me. It's a challenge to do something so exhausting and over the top like that. And I'm a little turned on by the whole thing he's got going on... peverse? Maybe.

Keitel is a god.

I love seeing Holdaway on King of Queens... it's just a fabulous juxtapositon.

Tarantino is a movie geek after my own heart, and he, along with the rest of the minor shots here (blue, ect) fine... I know that Tierny was a nightmare... but he's really authetic as Joe.

Ramble, ramble, ramble....