Ok...I started something similar elsewhere...but

Is White an evil man?

I don’t think we know enough about him to determine if he’s truly evil, (although i don’t think anyone is truly evil), but i don’t think he’s evil. The whole movie he’s trying to save Mr. Orange. No one else gives a good fuck about Orange, except him. Basically, i think it goes the same for all the characters in QT’s stuff. They’re just stupid. They’re nice people with their morals all tangled up. Especially mr. blonde.

I think White is basically a good guy. He’s merely coping with the situation Blonde and Orange (acting as an undercover agent) have created in the only way he can.

[quote]I don’t think we know enough about him to determine if he’s truly evil, (although i don’t think anyone is truly evil), but i don’t think he’s evil. The whole movie he’s trying to save Mr. Orange. No one else gives a good fuck about Orange, except him. Basically, i think it goes the same for all the characters in QT’s stuff. They’re just stupid. They’re nice people with their morals all tangled up. Especially mr. blonde.[/quote]

Real quick, Mr. Blonde? A nice guy? Maybe, but he is as evil as they come in QT’s movies, and he was one twisted man.

[quote]

Real quick, Mr. Blonde? A nice guy? Maybe, but he is as evil as they come in QT’s movies, and he was one twisted man.
[/quote]

You just answered yourself Jim.

Mr. Blonde wasn’t THAT evil. He had just gotten out a prison, afterall. At least he had an excuse for freaking out at the unseen heist, and probably even more motivation for wanting to torture policemen. Don’t get me wrong, he was a mean, nasty son of a bitch, but I don’t think he was a completely evil, pyshcopath.

And even so, he certainly had more than enough redeeming qualities in the eyes of those he was loyal to.

If Blonde was a true psychopath I think there would have been some indication that he was going to kill White or something. White was going to kick his ass and he was callin’ him a motherfucker and blah, blah, blah, blah. Blonde would’ve snapped and emptied his gun into White had he been completely insane.

[quote]Is White an evil man? [/quote]

Well, since all the main characters in Reservoir Dogs are criminals I don’t think they could be considered good, but I don’t think any of them are evil. I think the whole point of Reservoir Dogs is to get a group of men with different sets of morals and ethics and shove them into this stressful situation which will push them to the limit of who they are and what they believe and see how they react. It’s like, when it comes to the crunch, what kind of man are you?

Blonde doesn’t think of cops as people so he has no trouble torturing one. Orange, being a cop, sees things a little differently.

None of the Dogs are “Evil”.

They are professional criminals, but that doesnt mean they dont have feelings or consciences. They might have less of a conscience than average non criminals, but theyre not evil.

Mr. White is a good man. He’s a criminal, so he’s not exactly perfect, but if you read about his background by freeze-framing the ‘background check’ extra on the special edition DVD, it goes some way to explaining why he became a criminal. Of course, a bad childhood doesn’t excuse a life of crime, but if you read - for example - ‘Education of a Felon’ by Eddie Bunker, you see that it really doesn’t help. And the ‘background check’ bit also states that ‘Dimick does not appear to have any of the destructive vices so prevalent in his profession. There is little evidence of alcohol or drug abuse despite his upbringing.’

Mr. White is far from evil; he just operates in a world that’s very different from most of ours. But within that world he his a very good person, and within the world of this film, he is the best.

I think Mr. White is not an evil man. I think he may have been somewhat evil in his younger years, but i think time has caught up with him, and he has grown wiser - and is not so violent and hmm…psychopathic as is Mr. Blonde for example.

I think he has an extremely short temper which he finds difficult to control, and sometimes because of this he slips back into the way he was years ago…