Why I've only seen Dogs 3 times

I rented RD last night and watched it for the 3rd time and I still find it hard to sit through. I think its an excellent movie, its too good actually. I like violent movies but this movie is different. Its too real, too sad… Orange bleeding to death on the floor and screaming in pain in the car make me squirm, when Orange tells White he’s a cop I want to fuckin cry for him. And when Blonde went to the truck to get the gasoline :o I remember the first time I saw the movie I had to fast-forward that part because I thought he was really going to light him up, I couldnt take the suspense or listen to the cop begging him not to do it. So last night I watched it again but I still winced and cringed just like the first two times. I found myself relaxing during the flash-back scenes and just enjoying the characters and the comedy in it, and then as soon as the story goes back to the wharehouse I’d tense up.

This is an excellent movie, I would like say its my favorite QT movie because it does have such an effect on me, but gimme me Jules and Vincent, I’d rather hang out with Melanie and Ordell than be trapped in the warehouse with the Dogs.

anyway I’m done rambling on, but am I the only one here who was a little freaked out by this film?

You’re probably not. I remember Quentin making a comment on how a whole theater of people laughed through the excessive violence in Dead Alive, but having 30 people out of the same crowd walk out on Reservoir Dogs due to Tarantino’s brand of violence.

Reservoir Dogs is actually my favorite film of Tarantino’s, and I’ve seen it more times than Pulp Fiction and True Romance combined, so I guess I’ve been ultimately desesnitized to it. Still, its cool that the movie affects you that way. I’m sure QT would take it as an honor.

jky:

You obviously have too many morals. I always wait in suspense HOPING that Vic will frizzle fry some bacon. But, I’m always disappointed. That fuckin Orange.

lol

I was cringing when I saw him hold up the lighter for the first time, but morbidly enough, I couldn’t turn my head away. I don’t want Marvin to die, but Blonde is still so damn cool, I can’t help but watch.

Same here. I really was shifting in my seat waiting for Marvin to fry. When Blonde got shot, i released a sigh of relief, but i think that inside i REALLY wanted to see marvin burned to a crisp. MMMMMMMMM. Bacon tastes goooooood. :-X

that’s the kind of thing that makes me love a movie. it is when it affects me. When i see a movie like the Scorpion King that is just so fucking unrealisitc i just don’t like it. That is sort of what i thought when i saw S.W.A.T. it was ok but the whole premis is so unrealisitc. the government won’t let us play almost anything on the news why would they let him advertise his freedome. anyway when a movie is just so realistic and all the events seem very very possible i come out of it satisfied.

This is why i think tarantino is so good. He knows how to affect a person in a way like no other has. He builds up tennsions that even though nothing has happaned yet still disturbe you.

I have said way to much.

yeah DOGS was hard to sit through the first 10 times I watched it - after that it is a cakewalk and one of the best dialogue driven movies EVER!

The part that made me cringe the most was when Marvin got cut in the face with the razor. That just got to me. :o

I fast-forward through the scene where Vic gets shot like 12 times. I can’t watch that. I rarely see the entire movie because I always skip that part. But I watch the ear scene every day, and I find it fucking hilarious! ;D

Wow, I can’t believe there are poeple here that actually fast-forward through violent parts…

Isn’t the gruesome shock-value the punchiest part of the movie? Why fast-forward?? ;D

[quote]Wow, I can’t believe there are poeple here that actually fast-forward through violent parts…

Isn’t the gruesome shock-value the punchiest part of the movie? Why fast-forward??  ;D[/quote]

Yeah it is, but some people just downright don’t like gore and blood. I know this guy who fainted while watching a 1st aid video on sports injuries! I guess he wont be going to Kill Bill.

If you dont like blood n gore, you better not go see Kill Bill!! :slight_smile:

Reservoir Dogs is realistic thats why it gets to everyone. Its not cartoonish violence. Personally, I always get the chills when Mr Blonde starts fuckin with Marvin. I think that scene is one of the most effective scenes of disturbing action ever put on film. And what makes it so great is that the most violent act ISNT EVEN SHOWN ONSCREEN!

Its totally just the camerawork and the acting that make it so creepy!

Michael Madsen’s acting makes it VERY creepy. He makes torturing someone look so casual.

[quote]that’s the kind of thing that makes me love a movie. it is when it affects me. When i see a movie like the Scorpion King that is just so fucking unrealisitc i just don’t like it. That is sort of what i thought when i saw S.W.A.T. it was ok but the whole premis is so unrealisitc. the government won’t let us play almost anything on the news why would they let him advertise his freedome. anyway when a movie is just so realistic and all the events seem very very possible i come out of it satisfied.

I hated scorpian king, swat as you said was alright. The worst thing bout scorpian king was it had no potential, and the effects and the script sucked

This is why i think tarantino is so good. He knows how to write a god damn script and direct a good movie no matter how little resourses hes got.

the other day i was showing it to my freind and when mr. blonde started to cut off the ear she was like “no turn it off i don’t wanna watch anymore” but i made her finish it. it doesn’t really bother me much, i guess i kinda desensatized myself or something.

same its weird some people can’t stand it some can.

yeah, I don’t know WHAT tarantino was thinking when he said that Res. Dogs wasn’t violent on the Charlie Rose show

[quote]When blonde starts cutting off the ear, i thought it was actually kinda funny, especially since you don’t see it.  I was even laughing at the severed ear, but when i saw marvin’s wound, i kinda caught myself.  I think its almost Kubrick style the way you laugh first, but feel bad about it later, like in full metal jacket when you laugh at private pile until he kills his seargent and himself.[/quote]

I laughed when Blonde talked in to the ear after he cut it off- but not while it was happening

I think it was very funny when his ear got cut of, espaccialy when the camera turns away from marvin you can read the words ‘watch you head’. I like that scene very much, the music is good to at that moment.

[quote]I think it was very funny when his ear got cut of, espaccialy when the camera turns away from marvin you can read the words ‘watch you head’. I like that scene very much, the music is good to at that moment.[/quote]

yeah, "stuck in the middle with you" fits in to the scene very well. My mom was like "I remember that one!" and then I was like "yeah mom, it's used in a torture scene in reservoir dogs."