Reservoir Dogs on A&E

This Saturday Night on the A&E Cable Channel they will ve airing Reservoir Dogs. Now I know what your thinking…HOW?

I don’t know about you guys, but this movie is gonna be butchered.

I also find it funny and interesting in the TV guide its labeled as 150 min. Isn’t the movie only 90 something minutes? Thats a lot of commercials. Maybe they have like a little thing with stuff on Kill Bill…I dunno. Check it out though, I don’t know if Reservoir Dogs has ever even BEEN on TV before! So this should be interesting…how the editor did NEW voice overs and stuff.

I wonder how the ear scene will be handled… :wink:

If your on the Westcoast it Airs:

Saturday Night, 9:30 to 12:00

Then Saturday Late Night/Early Sunday Morning from 1: 30 to 4: 00

That is going to be horrible. They are going to have to cut out a lot in that movie, and since it is only 90 minutes long regularly, that is probably going to be about 60-65 minutes of commercials. I am interested in seeing some of the curse word dubs they use though.

If they have it showed as part of a promotion for Kill Bill I may watch it. Yeah there is going to be lots of new dialogue. This will be like when FX showed “Clerks” on TV and every other word was changed. “I’m freaking dying here!” “Say the goshdarn frickin words!”

I live in Ireland and a few weeks ago Reservoir Dogs was shown on one of the channels, swear words, violence, torture scene, all left in. It was on from 10 to 12, with about an half hour of ads.

I understand the how the channel wants to cut out some violence but why dub the swear words?

Uh, Amercian television sucks.

First thing on my mind…Of all Channels, A&E??? Wow.

But I gotta tell you something, I get a huge kick on how the TV censors edit movies. It’s just something that I always enjoy seeing for a good laugh. So there’s no doubt that I’ll be tuning to see how they pull this “butcher” job.

[quote]Maybe they have like a little thing with stuff on Kill Bill[/quote]

Yeah, hopefully

I actually saw this in the TV Guide and was meaning to post about it, but I completely forgot. Yeah Reservoir Dogs this Saturday night on A&E. Theyve shown other cult films (Repo Man, Easy Rider, Straw Dogs) so Dogs fits right in. Whats gonna be great to see is how they edit the film, I cant wait to see what weird words for overdubbing they use for all the swears. :slight_smile:

Ok, I’ve a question.

For the dubbing, is the actors voice used for the job? Like would it be Harvey Keitel saying freaking instead of fucking or what?

I never knew American T.V went to such lenghts to censor a film swear words.

usually no…maybe a few films, but I don’t think so. It’s usually just a sound a like.

If you could recall the, “Oh man I just shot Marvin” over a black screen.

[quote]I actually saw this in the TV Guide and was meaning to post about it, but I completely forgot. Yeah Reservoir Dogs this Saturday night on A&E. Theyve shown other cult films (Repo Man, Easy Rider, Straw Dogs) so Dogs fits right in.  Whats gonna be great to see is how they edit the film, I cant wait to see what weird words for overdubbing they use for all the swears. :slight_smile:

[/quote]
Okay, so explain to us why we should care about anything you just said.

I watched most of it on saturday night (I was flipping back & forth from boxing) and from what I saw, they actually did a good job with the editing!

All the violence was intact and the only cusswords they left out was “fuck” and “pussy”. Hell, if A&E aired more movies in this fashion, I might be a frequent viewer!

One curious thing I noticed was when Pink first shows up at the warehouse and asks White “What happened to…Brown and Blue”? In this TV version they edited him saying Blue for some reason. Poor Mr. Blue, still gets no respect even in a TV version.

I watched it too. I thought it was strange they left in the words “asshole” “Dick” and “Shit” but took out “fuck”. Is “Fuck” more offensive? I dont think so.

I thought the part where Marvin and Mr Orange are talkin was the funniest overdub when Mr Orange yells at Marvin, instead of FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! IM DYIN HERE!! IM FUCKIN DYIN!!

He says: POOR YOU!! POOR YOU!! IM DYIN HERE, IM DYIN!! lol.

lol

Some of the overdubs weren’t too bad, though.

Mr. White: …"You’re superfucking pissed…"

dub: …"You’re supergoddamn pissed…"

At least for most of the movie, the censors seemed to be attempting a genuine crack at editing it in a respectful way to QT…if such a thing is possible. Either way, it was hella better than the Pulp Fiction tv cut.

[quote]
I thought the part where Marvin and Mr Orange are talkin was the funniest overdub when Mr Orange yells at Marvin, instead of FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! IM DYIN HERE!!  IM FUCKIN DYIN!!

[/quote]

OH NO THEY DIDNT!!! LMAO!!

Aw man, I gotta see that. lolz ;D

[quote]of FUCK YOU! FUCK YOU! IM DYIN HERE!!  IM FUCKIN DYIN!!

[/quote]
Huh, I thought he was saying “FOR YOU! FOR YOU!” but I guess that Poor you makes more sense.

Some of the dubbing was absolutely hilarious. Was it just me that thought the color looked better on cable then it did on the DVD?

Yeah the editing was pretty well done. BAsically just took out the word FUCK and left everything else in…this way u could understand what they were saying (unlike when From Dusk Till Dawn was on TV and Earl McGraw’s opening monologue was soooo butchered you couldn’t understand shit)

The way he talks i can’t understand shit anyway. BTW, was it widescreen? I’m guessing no.

no widescreen

The funnyset dubbing i ever heard was on scarface

"This City’s a Big pussy, Waiting to be Fucked"

“This City’s a Big” “Chicken”, “Waiting to be” “plucked”