Different roles

I was thinking, have you ever thought what it would look like if the actors of this film were cast in different roles? For instance:

Steve Buscemi (as Mr.Blonde) torturing Marvin Nash

or

Harvey Keitel (as Mr.Brown) telling the Like A Virgin story?

I think it would be more funny than anything else.

Any other examples?

Tarantino as Joe: Because you’re a fuckin’ faggot, alright, alright?

All jokes aside, I’d like to see QT play White or Pink, because there was an extra on the dvd where he played White and he did a pretty damn good job. People say he’s a sucky actor but I think he’s pretty unique.

[quote]Tarantino as Joe: Because you’re a fuckin’ faggot, alright, alright?

All jokes aside, I’d like to see QT play White or Pink, because there was an extra on the dvd where he played White and he did a pretty damn good job. People say he’s a sucky actor but I think he’s pretty unique.[/quote]

I agree. Thats the best way to say.

Over here where I live, there’s no SE DVD. Damn IT! I’d loved to have seen QT acting that out. How long ago did the DVD come out in the States?

Eek. Tarantino might have done a decent job as Mr. Pink, but he reeked in comparison with Harvey Keitel’s amazing performance as Mr. White. Maybe if I had seen the bit where he had played White first as opposed to seeing the finished product before ever seeing that extra, I would’ve thought him average…but he’s just terrible after seeing Keitel play the part.

I think everyone was so perfect for the parts they played that I can’t imagine anyone else in the movie playing a different part.

Imagine how funny it would be if QT played every single part in the movie, extras and all! I think that would be hilarious. He’d be adding words to the end of his sentences like okaaaay, and; alright, and they would overlap the next character’s dialogue until it was just a huge echoing mess. That would be great.

I would seriously pay big bucks to see that. It would kind of be like the Nutty Professor 2 where everybody’s the same actor. I would laugh my ass off.

I just think it would be great to see quentin dressed up as nice guy eddie and the women extras. It would be like in the end of being john malcavich (sp.) where he plays everyone (Actually that’s the only part i’ve seen)

Well, the funny thing is there’s rarely a woman in the movie at all. I can only recall the woman in the car with the gun, actually.

No. My favorite is the one pink pulls out of the window of the car. That must have hurt like shit!

[quote]Imagine how funny it would be if QT played every single part in the movie, extras and all![/quote]

That would’ve been fucking hilarious. Ha, Quentin slicing off his own ear! ;D

[quote]Tarantino as Joe: Because you’re a fuckin’ faggot, alright, alright?

All jokes aside, I’d like to see QT play White or Pink, because there was an extra on the dvd where he played White and he did a pretty damn good job. People say he’s a sucky actor but I think he’s pretty unique.[/quote]

didn’t see that extra. whats it called (i’ve only had the dvd for about 60 hours but I had seen the movie 3 times b4 once on a and e i rented it about 3 years ago, 2 times.

What about Sean Penn as Mr. Orange. hummmm…maybe

**shrugging shoulders

PULP DOG

[size=4]Or…or…work with me here…[/size]

what if the entire cast of the Usual Suspects swapped with the cast of Res. Dogs?!?! Could you imagine how different these two movies would be? Opinions please

[quote][size=4]Or…or…work with me here…[/size]

what if the entire cast of the Usual Suspects swapped with the cast of Res. Dogs?!?! Could you imagine how different these two movies would be? Opinions please[/quote]

Heres who Id cast if The Dogs/Suspects were switched:

Holdaway: Giancarlo Esposito

Nice Guy Eddie: Chaz Palminteri (little old to be Joes son but wtf?)

Joe Cabot: Dan Hedaya

Mr White: Gabriel Byrne

Mr Pink: Kevin Spacey

Mr Orange: Stephen Baldwin

Mr Blonde: Benicio Del Toro

Mr Brown: Peter Greene

Mr Blue: Pete Postlewaite

Suspects:

Verbal Kint: Steve Buscemi

Fenster: Michael Madsen

Dean Keaton: Harvey Keitel

McManus: Tim Roth

Hockney: Chris Penn

Kobayashi: Quentin Tarantino

Lt. Cuyon: Chris Penn

Dan Hedayas character (cop dude): Lawrence Tierney

I like it. Thats not a bad idea. Good work DNS.

PULP DOG

[quote]extra on the dvd where he played White and he did a pretty damn good job.[/quote]
what?! It was terrible! It was very funny and everything, but he was telling Orange to ‘shut the fuck up because everytime you TALK you loose more BLOOD’. He even slapped him! Not exactly the caring Mr. White we all know and love.

[quote=“Larry_Dimick”]

what?! It was terrible! It was very funny and everything, but he was telling Orange to ‘shut the fuck up because everytime you TALK you loose more BLOOD’. He even slapped him! Not exactly the caring Mr. White we all know and love.
[/quote]

I agree. I was like… wtf? Where’s the compassion?

On the other hand, I really did like the white/joe scene with buscemi and the other actor. In a way, I prefer that to the scene in the actual movie.

But, it’s all a matter of chemistry. Keitel and Roth could pull off the compassion, whereas if buscemi or tarantino had been white, the kind of father-son dynamic wouldn’t be there at all and the compassion wouldn’t come off.

In a perfect world, the Reservoir Dogs cast and the Trainspotting cast would be interchangeable… you could select an actor and mix and match both casts. That’d be great.

[quote]On the other hand, I really did like the white/joe scene with buscemi and the other actor. In a way, I prefer that to the scene in the actual movie.
[/quote]
it’s hard to comment, as this scene was such a revelation when I first got the screenplay. I really wish it could have been kept in, as it’s so cute (or should I say ‘kinda cute’?) The disadvantage of keeping it in would have been that at the mexican stand-off, the emotional focus may have been diffused as we would have got to know and love Joe more, and would worry about what Tammy would do etc. Aside from that, I love that scene and it’s one of the ones me and my best friend quote the most from, really.

But on the DVD it was like the two of them were told to play it depressed, and it had none of the good-natured japery between Joe and Mr. White in the film, even though it should have because they still joke around. The main thing I got from the two scenes is how great an actor Steve Buscemi is… (sorry Tarantino ::slight_smile:)

MR PINK IS KEYZER SÖZE !!