The Violent Dogs

I am in a hate toward the people who say that this was his first film, and since then he has done more respectable films. Like Jackie Brown.

This film is very respectable, and most people complainn about infered violence. It damn staright annoys me.

I say if you want the violence in films to stop then you want the ending of the world, becuase since the start and to the end. Violence will always be there.

Anyone agree?

[quote=“Ste300”]
I am in a hate toward the people who say that this was his first film
[/quote]

it IS his first film

the violence is used with a purpose and in a stylish way…dogs feels like a play and is truly a piece of art in my opinion…

yes, the world is violent, but there is a difference between using violence in an artistic way or just using it…

in my opnion only the artistic use of violence should be encouraged…portraying it in any other way is pointless…

people who can’t see that violence can be used in an artistic way aren’t worth talking to at all…

[quote=“Seb (admin)”]
it IS his first film
[/quote]

actually My Best Friend’s Birthday was, if you wanna count it

and yes, dogs is violent, i suggest you live with it, there are no excuses really, its a violent flick, we love it, other people dont, its their loss

yeah, i know it’s his first film. i’m saying i cant stand it when people say that it’s immaturity, and his grown up since then. When in actual fact if he made the film now, it’d be exactly the same. If you unerstand.

[quote=“Ste300”]
yeah, i know it’s his first film. i’m saying i cant stand it when people say that it’s immaturity, and his grown up since then. When in actual fact if he made the film now, it’d be exactly the same. If you unerstand.

[/quote]

Hi St300. It´s an interessting point.

Ify made a topic about this question for some time in the QT board.

[quote]We all know Quentin Tarantino is a great director (hopefully). But how has he improved (as a director) from his Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown days?? Does he use any new directing techniques? Does he include better camera angles? Better shots? Has he obtained better directing skills? Or do you think he hasn’t improved at all and is still the same director he was 6 years ago?[/quote]

Maybe you are interessted in answering there. You can find the topic here:

http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=2011.0

If you ask me I dont think its overly violent at all. Theres a few violent scenes but Ive seen much more movies that are more violent.

Violent or not, Reservoir Dogs is a classic.

Exactly, horrors, such as Braindead are awfully gory. But people complain about it becuase it is done in a stylistic and uncaring method.

They hear so much about the violence, which i think the most violent scene in it is when White, Pink and Blonde are punching Marvin.

Then all they concentrate is on the ear scene. Beucause

1 They don’t know shit about cinema.

2. There either scared of it, or living in a dream world.

They complain becuase it’s the only thing they know hoe to do, it’s a popular film so therefore they concentrate on it more that other movies a million time goryer becuase it’s shown to the masses.

Compare Reservoir Dogs to Kill Bill. I even think Pulp Fiction is more violent the RD.

Pulp Fiction isnt as violent as RD, in Pulp Fiction you actually only see Vincent get shot, in RD you see the cops get shot, Orange, the woman they carjacked, Marvin & everybody but Pink

Pulp fiction violent? I don’t think so, at least not like RD. Kill Bill I agree with, way more violent, but RD was a better film.