RD referrence in Sin City

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Mr. Dimmick

RD referrence in Sin City

Post by Mr. Dimmick » Mon May 16, 2005 3:40 pm

hey anyone noticed that in the begining of Sin city, Hartigan cuts someone else's ear and then they stay on the same famous pose that Mr. White and Mr.Pink in RD??

cyber-lili
Fucking Professional

Re: RD referrence in Sin City

Post by cyber-lili » Mon May 16, 2005 5:52 pm

Mr. Dimmick wrote: hey anyone noticed that in the begining of Sin city, Hartigan cuts someone else's ear and then they stay on the same famous pose that Mr. White and Mr.Pink in RD??
Haven't seen yet the movie  :'( Isn't released yet there... But I can't wait !

Mr. Dimmick

Post by Mr. Dimmick » Wed May 18, 2005 2:57 pm

Yeah...You should really see that movie...Its soo great. Robert Rodriguez just proved once again he can make great movies instead of spy-kids.

Full Metal Maggot

Post by Full Metal Maggot » Tue May 01, 2007 3:04 am

i dont hink he cut an ear off. i remeber him shooting the ear off of the pedofile when there on the dock.

Lucio Fulci

Post by Lucio Fulci » Tue May 01, 2007 3:55 am

I noticed the TOILET CAM (If there is such a thing) used in Kill Bill Vol. II In the battle of the gargantuan blondes. I'm talking about the scene when Clive Owen shoves Benicio's face in his own piss. I thought that was kind of a reference.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri May 04, 2007 6:13 am

Biohazard wrote: I noticed the TOILET CAM (If there is such a thing) used in Kill Bill Vol. II In the battle of the gargantuan blondes. I'm talking about the scene when Clive Owen shoves Benicio's face in his own piss. I thought that was kind of a reference.
yea i noticed this too but was the shot the same in the comic book?

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri May 04, 2007 6:15 am

FiveFingerDeath wrote: i dont hink he cut an ear off. i remeber him shooting the ear off of the pedofile when there on the dock.
ur rite he shot him in the ear.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Fri May 04, 2007 7:28 pm

I was gonna say, I don't remember Hartigan cutting anyone's ear off.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Fri May 04, 2007 9:59 pm

nd how would this be a reservoir dogs referance ne way it would be the other way around because dident the comics come out before reservoir dogs?

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Wed May 16, 2007 9:31 am

Jjp wrote: nd how would this be a reservoir dogs referance ne way it would be the other way around because dident the comics come out before reservoir dogs?
right, makes sense

I gotta read the comic to check how it is
I mean, to see what originally happens to that ear
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 16, 2007 7:23 pm

i have not read the yellow bastard but i really want to its my favorite sin city story but i think its the same cause RR dident change anything.

me
Fucking Professional

Post by me » Wed May 16, 2007 7:31 pm

Biohazard wrote: I noticed the TOILET CAM (If there is such a thing) used in Kill Bill Vol. II In the battle of the gargantuan blondes. I'm talking about the scene when Clive Owen shoves Benicio's face in his own piss. I thought that was kind of a reference.
Yeah that was awesome!

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 16, 2007 7:42 pm

yeaa i liked how the cigerat was like comin out his mouth and like floating up during that shot

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed May 16, 2007 9:57 pm

Jjp wrote: nd how would this be a reservoir dogs referance ne way it would be the other way around because dident the comics come out before reservoir dogs?
I think they came out around the same time, early 90's.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 16, 2007 9:58 pm

yeaa but still they could never referance each other coming out so close to each other and the sin city storys where probably written before reservoir dogs was released.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed May 16, 2007 10:00 pm

Anywho, in RD QT is paying hommage to Django, which I'm sure everyone knows. So he defintely isn't paying hommage to Sin City.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 16, 2007 10:02 pm

never scene Django. but i always thought it was a referance to the toxic avenger 2, because tarantino said he was influenced alot by troma films, and in the toxic avenger 2 he rips a guys ear off and says the line that blonde says into the ear.

Inglorious_Bastard

Post by Inglorious_Bastard » Wed May 16, 2007 10:07 pm

Huh. I've never seen that. Maybe he's paying hommage to both.

Jjp

Post by Jjp » Wed May 16, 2007 10:08 pm

yea and in black ceasar fred williamson kuts a guys ear off with a straight razor.

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:59 pm

Jack Rabbit Slim wrote: Anywho, in RD QT is paying hommage to Django, which I'm sure everyone knows. So he defintely isn't paying hommage to Sin City.
hey JRS that's pretty interesting...explain what you mean, I don't really get it!
beside of the fact that Django is a rat serving his own interests, I don't get the reference you're talking about
Kinda cute, kinda hot, kinda sexy and hysterically funny but not funny-looking signature which you could laugh at

Jelle
Basterd

Post by Jelle » Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:20 pm

A guys ear is chopped off I believe(or it was shot of, A guy did lose his ear at least ;)).
We don't know his motivation, nor his love-affair. All we know is that he's a hired-assasin ready to kick some butt.

He's called:

The "BICYCLE GUY"

When justice is done, he goes on...

Tristan
Basterd

Post by Tristan » Mon Jun 04, 2007 4:57 pm

yeeeeeeeah I remember now...
and then they make him eat it, don't they?
that was some pretty cool shit!