RD referrence in Sin City

hey anyone noticed that in the begining of Sin city, Hartigan cuts someone else’s ear and then they stay on the same famous pose that Mr. White and Mr.Pink in RD??

[quote=“Mr. Dimmick”]
hey anyone noticed that in the begining of Sin city, Hartigan cuts someone else’s ear and then they stay on the same famous pose that Mr. White and Mr.Pink in RD??
[/quote]

Haven’t seen yet the movie :’( Isn’t released yet there… But I can’t wait !

Yeah…You should really see that movie…Its soo great. Robert Rodriguez just proved once again he can make great movies instead of spy-kids.

i dont hink he cut an ear off. i remeber him shooting the ear off of the pedofile when there on the dock.

I noticed the TOILET CAM (If there is such a thing) used in Kill Bill Vol. II In the battle of the gargantuan blondes. I’m talking about the scene when Clive Owen shoves Benicio’s face in his own piss. I thought that was kind of a reference.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
I noticed the TOILET CAM (If there is such a thing) used in Kill Bill Vol. II In the battle of the gargantuan blondes. I’m talking about the scene when Clive Owen shoves Benicio’s face in his own piss. I thought that was kind of a reference.
[/quote]

yea i noticed this too but was the shot the same in the comic book?

[quote=“FiveFingerDeath”]
i dont hink he cut an ear off. i remeber him shooting the ear off of the pedofile when there on the dock.
[/quote]

ur rite he shot him in the ear.

I was gonna say, I don’t remember Hartigan cutting anyone’s ear off.

nd how would this be a reservoir dogs referance ne way it would be the other way around because dident the comics come out before reservoir dogs?

[quote=“Jjp”]
nd how would this be a reservoir dogs referance ne way it would be the other way around because dident the comics come out before reservoir dogs?
[/quote]
right, makes sense

I gotta read the comic to check how it is

I mean, to see what originally happens to that ear

i have not read the yellow bastard but i really want to its my favorite sin city story but i think its the same cause RR dident change anything.

[quote=“Biohazard”]
[/quote]
Yeah that was awesome!

yeaa i liked how the cigerat was like comin out his mouth and like floating up during that shot

[quote=“Jjp”]
[/quote]

I think they came out around the same time, early 90’s.

yeaa but still they could never referance each other coming out so close to each other and the sin city storys where probably written before reservoir dogs was released.

Anywho, in RD QT is paying hommage to Django, which I’m sure everyone knows. So he defintely isn’t paying hommage to Sin City.

never scene Django. but i always thought it was a referance to the toxic avenger 2, because tarantino said he was influenced alot by troma films, and in the toxic avenger 2 he rips a guys ear off and says the line that blonde says into the ear.

Huh. I’ve never seen that. Maybe he’s paying hommage to both.

yea and in black ceasar fred williamson kuts a guys ear off with a straight razor.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Anywho, in RD QT is paying hommage to Django, which I’m sure everyone knows. So he defintely isn’t paying hommage to Sin City.
[/quote]
hey JRS that’s pretty interesting…explain what you mean, I don’t really get it!

beside of the fact that Django is a rat serving his own interests, I don’t get the reference you’re talking about