Reservoir Dogs Mistakes (a lot!)

Reservoir Dogs is full of mistakes and errors. I think the best one of all is when Mr. Pink runs from the cops, gets hit by a car and his bag disappears and reappears in different places. When he pulls the woman out of the car it’s beside him but when he fires at the cops it’s gone! (check it out)

Another good one is in the scene where Mr. Blonde cuts the ear off the cop. At the beginning it’s all red and bloody but in the next shot when he talks to the ear his shirt and the ear are perfectly clean. :o

More mistakes can be found at www.moviemistakes.com

More mistakes:

Right before the opening credits when the Dogs are leaving the diner, Nice Guy Eddie leaves his cellphone on the table.

After Mr Blonde finishes cutting Marvins ear off, the radio playing K-Billy goes silent.

Thats all I can think of right now.

Here are all of them:

Continuity: When Steve Buscemi is running away from the cops, he gets hit by a car, gets up, pulls the woman out from the car, opens the door, and leaves the diamonds on the floor to shoot the cops, he runs out of bullets, gets in the car and drives away. He never picks the diamonds up and puts them in the car

Continuity: In the scene where Mr. Blonde is pouring gasoline over the cop, the cop’s legs are flying around trying to kick him. Later, we see that the cop’s legs are still taped to the chair.

Continuity: Mr. Pink runs from the cops in one of the movie’s first few scenes. He runs out into an intersection and gets hit by a car. He gets up, smashes the window and pulls the woman out, while firing at the cops a few yards away. Watch Mr. Pink’s bag, which he’s dumped on the ground beside the car. It disappears and reappears a couple of times.

Continuity: In a flash back scene, Mr Blonde and Nice Guy Eddie are about to play fight. However, when they hit the floor, they have both changed sides, even though the way they were going for each other showed they would not fall opposite sides.

Continuity: At the beginning of the movie when they are leaving the restaurant Nice Guy Eddie leaves his cell phone on the table.

Visible crew/equipment: The boom mike’s shadow is visible when Joe gives out names. It is easily seen moved to the left when he says “let’s go to work!”

Continuity: In the torture scene, Mr Blonde turns the radio on and listens to Stuck in the Middle with You as he proceeds the torture the cop. Mr Orange shoots him before Mr Blonde turns the radio off, but somehow the radio is never heard again in the film.

Continuity: Mr. Blonde, in a gory display, removes an ear from a police officer. He then drops it onto the ground, and goes to get gasoline. In the next scene, the ear on the floor is missing.

Continuity: In the scene where Mr. Pink is being chased by the cops after the heist, he is being chased by 3 young, thin police officers. When he exchanges gunfire with them, one of them has been replaced with an old, fat one. He’s the one who gets shot. Factual error: Mr. White shoots Mr. Orange with a fairly high-powered handgun. You would think that his arm would at least move a little bit, but it does not. FPRIVATE

Continuity: Mr. Blonde’s cigarette goes from his mouth to his hand in Joe’s office.

Continuity: When Steve Buscemi is running away from the cops, he gets hit by a car, gets up, pulls the woman out from the car, opens the door, and leaves the diamonds on the floor to shoot the cops, he runs out of bullets, gets in the car and drives away. He never picks then diamonds up and puts them in the car.

Continuity: In the scene where Mr. Blonde is pouring gasoline over the cop, the cop’s legs are flying around trying to kick him. Later, we see that the cop’s legs are still taped to the chair.

Continuity: Mr. Pink runs from the cops in one of the movie’s first few scenes. He runs out into an intersection and gets hit by a car. He gets up, smashes the window and pulls the woman out, while firing at the cops a few yards away. Watch Mr. Pink’s bag, which he’s dumped on the ground beside the car. It disappears and reappears a couple of times.

Continuity: In a flash back scene, Mr Blonde and Nice Guy Eddie are about to play fight. However, when they hit the floor, they have both changed sides, even though the way they were going for each other showed they would not fall opposite sides.

[size=1]Continuity: At the beginning of the movie when they are leaving the restaurant Nice Guy Eddie leaves his cell phone on the table.

Visible crew/equipment: The boom mike’s shadow is visible when Joe gives out names. It is easily seen moved to the left when he says “let’s go to work!”

Continuity: In the torture scene, Mr Blonde turns the radio on and listens to Stuck in the Middle with You as he proceeds the torture the cop. Mr Orange shoots him before Mr Blonde turns the radio off, but somehow the radio is never heard again in the film.

Continuity: Mr. Blonde, in a gory display, removes an ear from a police officer. He then drops it onto the ground, and goes to get gasoline. In the next scene, the ear on the floor is missing.

Continuity: In the scene where Mr. Pink is being chased by the cops after the heist, he is being chased by 3 young, thin police officers. When he exchanges gunfire with them, one of them has been replaced with an old, fat one. He’s the one who gets shot.

Factual error: Mr. White shoots Mr. Orange with a fairly high-powered handgun. You would think that his arm would at least move a little bit, but it does not.

Continuity: When Mr. White is trying to calm Mr. Orange in the warehouse White pulls out a comb and uses it on Orange then gos to put it in his pocket, but lays it on Orange’s chest and never picks it back up. In the next sequence when talking to Mr.Pink White washes his hands and face, puts some water in his hair, pulls a comb out of his pocket and uses it.

Continuity: When Nice Guy Eddie (Chris Penn) shoots the cop tied in the chair at the end, watch where Eddie points the gun, as opposed to where the blanks explode in the cop’s chest. Where Eddie was pointing the gun, he probably would have shot the cop in the crotch.

Continuity: In the scene where Mr. Blonde cuts off the cop’s ear. When he pours the gasoline over the cop, you can see his ear is complete and on his head.

Continuity: “Stuck in the Middle with you,” the song played on the radio while Mr. Blonde (Michael Madsen) tortures the cop, plays longer than it should. It is obviously looped and when Mr. Blonde re-enters the warehouse after getting the gasoline, it is earlier in the song.

Continuity: Mr. White is talking to Mr. Pink about how crazy Mr. Blonde had gone, and he says, “I came that close to killing him myself.” Later in the movie, Mr. White says to Mr. Pink, “didn’t you say you came close to killing him yourself?” Mr Pink says yes, when it was actually Mr. White that had said it earlier in the movie and not Mr. Pink.

Continuity: In the scene at the diner at the beginning of the film, Chris Penn is getting up to leave. He is wearing a pair of white sneakers. He can be seen wearing them during the opening credits, also. Later in the movie, when he arrives at the warehouse, he is wearing black boots.[/size]

I’m not sure if this counts as a mistake… Mr. White is supposed to be from Wisconsin but has a thick New York accent.(since Harvey Keitel is from there of course).

in the scene where blonde cuts the ear of, in one scene he has blood all over him, and in the next, both he and the ear are clean.

This isn’t really a mistake but when white and pink are talking in the bathroom you can notice a bottle of pink, orange and white soap on the counter - all the reservoir dogs who are currently in the wharehouse

[quote]This isn’t really a mistake but when white and pink are talking in the bathroom you can notice a bottle of pink, orange and white soap on the counter - all the reservoir dogs who are currently in the wharehouse[/quote]

I’m gonna have to look for that. Pretty funny if true. I usually notice continuity stuff like that in movies, but I missed every single one of those listed. I guess I was too “into” the movie.

Ya gotta look closely for this one…right when it cuts to the 1st shot in the wharehouse (where White is pulling Orange inside) the door flaps open, closes, then opens again as White is hauling Orange in. Well, outside to the left of the screen you actually see a trailer (probably used to haul props and shit) which is never there in other exterior shots…along with the trailer you see a crew member walk on screen, the door flaps closed, then when it opens again you see him walk off screen, as if he noticed they were filming. It’s hard to notice, but look close.

Other little trivia, in the diner with Orange and Holadaway, Orange mentions Cabot looking like “The Thing” from the Fantastic Four…well as soon as it cuts from the diner to Orange’s apartment, we hear a phone ring…and right next to the phone is a “The Thing” doll. :-*

I often times read that there’s a mistake during the shooting scene between Mr. Pink and the 3 cops!

You wrote: In the scene where Mr. Pink is being chased by the cops after the heist, he is being chased by 3 young, thin police officers. When he exchanges gunfire with them, one of them has been replaced with an old, fat one. He’s the one who gets shot.

Well, THAT’S NOT TRUE!!

If you take a close look you can see that after Mr. Pink pulled the girl out of the car, the 3 thin cops arrive at the corner. Just when Mr. Pink begins to shoot at them, there’s the 4th, FAT cop arriving . . . so it’s actually 4 cops vs. Mr. Pink! You have to watch it in slow motion, then you can see it! :o

The reason there were so many mistakes is because they didnt have a large budget and couldnt spent too much time on one scene. It was late comming top theaters. so they were short on time.

The radio does not go silent. If you listen carefully you can hear radio comercials.

Turn it up REAL loud and you can hear them just repeating a Jackrabbit Slim’s radio commercial over and over.

So there ARE voices in the background on the radio. I always wondered, in the credits, right after the cast, are some people, including Larwence Bender, who are credited as “Background Radio Voices”. I always listened but besides the songs and the DJ I heard no one else on K-BILLY.

God what a terrible movie ::slight_smile:

[quote]God what a terrible movie  ::slight_smile:[/quote]

LOL

[quote]Turn it up REAL loud and you can hear them just repeating a Jackrabbit Slim’s radio commercial over and over.[/quote]

Thank you. You are one of the guys who really pay really close attention.

You’re kidding right?

I’ve never, EVER heard Reservoir Dogs refered to as a horrible movie. EVER! Everyone loves RD, right?

[quote]

You’re kidding right?[/quote]

Of course. I just read through all this picking apart of the movie and thought to myself: "What does this accomplish?" so I just said that. Just sarcasm.

Dogs is one of my all time favourites.