Joke I didn't catch

In the scene where Mr Orange, Mr Pink, Mr White and Nice Guy Eddie are in the car and Nice Guy starts to talk about the incident with Eloys(spelling?) and the dick, Mr White asks if she is from Compton(spelling?) he laughs and Nice Guy says that she’s from Ladora Heights(spelling?) and then Mr Pink says, that’s the black Beverly Hills.

I assume that this piece of dialogue was a joke cos everybody laughs, but I don’t see it, maybe cos I’m not living in L.A.

So…where’s the joke?

[quote]In the scene where Mr Orange, Mr Pink, Mr White and Nice Guy Eddie are in the car and Nice Guy starts to talk about the incident with Eloys(spelling?) and the dick, Mr White asks if she is from Compton(spelling?) he laughs and Nice Guy says that she’s from Ladora Heights(spelling?) and then Mr Pink says, that’s the black Beverly Hills.

I assume that this piece of dialogue was a joke cos everybody laughs, but I don’t see it, maybe cos I’m not living in L.A.

So…where’s the joke?[/quote]

I think its spelled E Lois.

I think after Mr Pink says “Ladora Heights, thats the Black Beverly Hills”, Nice Guy says “no, Ladora Heights is the black Palos Verdes”. Then they all start laughing. Something like that anyway.

Anyway Yes, it is a joke because QT is from Southern California, so to him, thats like a little inside joke about the racial classes in and around LA.

In Jackie Brown doesnt Ordell say something about telling Sharonda one of those places is beverly hills?

[quote]In Jackie Brown doesnt Ordell say something about telling Sharonda one of those places is beverly hills?[/quote]

He told her Compton is Hollywood not Beverly Hills.

[quote]

He told her Compton is Hollywood not Beverly Hills. [/quote]

but her country ass wouldn’t know the difference

i live in a suburb of L.A. so i know what they’re talking about. beverly hills is about the nicest places around. all the houses are huge and it’s filled with celebrities. Palos verdes is similair. it’s on a cliff and has huge houses with nice views and really expensive properties. some of the houses in both those places go for around four mil. compton is like what you use if you wanna demonstrate the lowest of the low. gangs, shitty schools and houses, and a lot of crime. that’s why in Jackie Brown ordell says that he took sheronda to compton and told her it was hollywood, it’s shitty as hell but she doesn’t know that. What’s funny is that i’ve been to compton and it’s not that bad, but it’s what you say if you want to mention a shitty place. it’s the low of the low while bev. hills and Palos verdes are the high of the high. hope that helps, but if you need more clarification keep posting! :slight_smile:

Actually I’m kinda sick of L.A. and New York. It seems like every fucking T.V. show or movie I watch is in L.A. or New York. Shit, not everybody lives in those two cities, make a show somewhere else. I’m tired of it. What about a show or movie in New Orleans? St. Louis? Tallahassee? Minnesota? Oregon? Be creative for god’s sake.

I live in Chicago, IL. And I’m quite suprised that not too many films and movies take place here.

They’re usually written in LA and NY because that’s usually what the filmmakers know. if they got there big break in hollywood and they need a big city for a movie then they’ll use LA. same with NY.

LA and NY are two of the coolest most interesting and completely different cities in the world. The reason films are usually interesting is because they are about interesting people who could only act and find themselves in the situations that they do because they live in a certain place. there have been a few great films set in the south–if you haven’t seen “George Washington” do yourself a big favor and check it out and then tell me what you think. they have it at bbuster.

there are a lot of movies filmed in las vegas, where i live. not as many as la or new york, but hey i there are quite a bit. my favorite of which probably being con air, which if i’m not mistaken has mr. pink as the coolest pyscho criminal ever.

He was a child molester in con air, what do you think he did with that little girl after they were done playing dolls? Pinks my favorite one though, he was the only rational one of the group.

[quote]He was a child molester in con air, what do you think he did with that little girl after they were done playing dolls? Pinks my favorite one though, he was the only rational one of the group.[/quote]

I don’t think he molested the girl, that’s what’s so fucking cool about it. You see him going off and think the worst and then it turns out they’re playing with dolls and singing songs. But I do have to agree that Buscemi’s character in Con Air is one of the best psycho’s ever, together with guys like Hannibal Lecter.

[]D[][]V[][]D

OF COURSE IT WUZ A JOKE…

BUT I DIDNT FIND IT THAT FUNNY

Mr. OrANgE

Ladera Heights is a mostly black neighborhood that happens to be very nice. Thats why they call it the “black Beverly Hills” Beverly hills being a mostly white city… and as we all know is super nice. I’m from INGLEWOOD just down the street so I know what the hell I’m talking about. Ladera Heights is kinda fancy and yuppyish and mostly black. After Resovoir Dogs many people in L.A. refer to Ladera Heights as the “black beverly hills” One more thing for those people who wrote about being sick of L.A… Get over it!!! Your town must be boring as shit, WESTSIIIIIIDE!!!

Don’t be dissin on my town homes. We blood niggaz up heah.

MIDWWWWWWEEEEEEST!

[quote]What about a show or movie in New Orleans? [/quote]

I’m writing one about New Orleans right now. It’s coming alomng pretty good.

Why, are you a writer for television?

I don’t really see how anyone can be a Tarantino fan and not love LA. Tarantino IS Los Angeles.

[quote]He was a child molester in con air, what do you think he did with that little girl after they were done playing dolls? Pinks my favorite one though, he was the only rational one of the group.[/quote]

Nothing - that’s why we see her waving at the plane when they leave. It’s to assure the audience nothing happened.