Page 1 of 2

Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 10:04 pm
by Sebastian
I'm sure you know AC/DC. If you don't, shoot yerself  ;D

Well one damn cool song ( they are all cool, but still) is called DOG EAT DOG (on the Let There Be Rock Album). And I read the lyrics and there are some similarities to Reservoir Dogs.
1. The title "DOG EAT DOG" and the production company "DOG EAT DOG"
2. the line "........every dog has it's day"....

I am sure there is no real connection, but when I read it I thought that's funny though.
Maybe Tarantino listened to ACDC? The song is from 1977, so why not?  ;)

Rock on
www.ac-dc.net

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:34 am
by mrs_blonde
Both phrases are fairly common. "Dog Eat Dog" was just the name chosen for the company because of the title, I'm guessing. "Every Dog has it's day" was also placed in the trailer for the same reasons. They both seem to fit it pretty good, don't you think?

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:15 pm
by Hondo
Eat Cat too

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 7:50 pm
by Sebastian
Eat Cat too
;-)

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 6:35 am
by Mr-White
oh yeah, i remember that song. maybe QT does listen to them. AC/DC rocks yeah!!!!

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 am
by Mr.Pink
Sebastian wrote: I'm sure you know AC/DC. If you don't, shoot yerself  ;D

Well one damn cool song ( they are all cool, but still) is called DOG EAT DOG (on the Let There Be Rock Album). And I read the lyrics and there are some similarities to Reservoir Dogs.
1. The title "DOG EAT DOG" and the production company "DOG EAT DOG"
2. the line "........every dog has it's day"....

I am sure there is no real connection, but when I read it I thought that's funny though.
Maybe Tarantino listened to ACDC? The song is from 1977, so why not?  ;)

Rock on
www.ac-dc.net
I only just noticed that.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:46 am
by me
Also we all remember the RR/QT shirts which was a rip from the acdc logo. So maybe Quentin was inspired by the song.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:46 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
GEEZUSS!  You dug up a topic from 2002?  Sebby was but a wee teenage boy back then.  Wow.  That is some shit.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:49 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: GEEZUSS!  You dug up a topic from 2002?  Sebby was but a wee teenage boy back then.  Wow.  That is some shit.
I purposely tried to find the oldest topic i could find.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:52 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Mr.Pink wrote: I purposely tried to find the oldest topic i could find.
And I will purposely befriend you.  We'll be BFF's.  Then I'll tell you I'm going to send you an awesome piece of QT memorabilia.  Then I will betray your trust...  For when you give me your address, I will come to your house and smack you upside the head.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:55 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: And I will purposely befriend you.  We'll be BFF's.  Then I'll tell you I'm going to send you an awesome piece of QT memorabilia.  Then I will betray your trust...  For when you give me your address, I will come to your house and smack you upside the head.

well theres not much to say about that.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:58 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Mr.Pink wrote: well theres not much to say about that.

Even though I've laid out my evil scheme, you'll still fall for it.  You know why?  Because YOU ain't as evil as you say you are...  You're the good guy..  And the good guy ALWAYS falls into the trap.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:01 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Even though I've laid out my evil scheme, you'll still fall for it.  You know why?  Because YOU ain't as evil as you say you are...  You're the good guy..  And the good guy ALWAYS falls into the trap.
No im the evil one and your scheme wont go ahead because it just wont.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:02 am
by *G*
Well since we are doing connections, the radio dj was name K. Billy, and one of Tarantino's films is Kill Bill.           K.Bill-K.Billy?????????? coincidence? conspiracy?

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:04 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Mr.Pink wrote: No im the evil one and your scheme wont go ahead because it just wont.
Baaah.  If you were evil, you'd have been able to think up a better comeback than that. :P

*G* wrote: Well since we are doing connections, the radio dj was name K. Billy, and one of Tarantino's films is Kill Bill.           K.Bill-K.Billy?????????? coincidence? conspiracy?
No, in RD the Station was KBILLY.  Fuck, I'm so mean, and evil.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:06 am
by *G*
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Baaah.  If you were evil, you'd have been able to think up a better comeback than that. :P


No, in RD the Station was KBILLY.  Fuck, I'm so mean, and evil.
But still, coincidence? KBILLY in Res. Dogs, and then Kill Bill.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:07 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Baaah.  If you were evil, you'd have been able to think up a better comeback than that. :P

ok when you come to arrive at my house I would have a gun and would blow your brains out then I will gouge out your eyeballs and skullfuck you.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:09 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
*G* wrote: But still, coincidence? KBILLY in Res. Dogs, and then Kill Bill.
Yeah, I had the same thought, years ago.  I was like.  Wow.  Quentin really has a thing for "billy's"  Rock-a-Billy in MBFBD, K-BILLY in RD, and Kill Bill.  Yeah.

Mr.Pink wrote: ok when you come to arrive at my house I would have a gun and would blow your brains out then I will gouge out your eyeballs and skullfuck you.
Sheeeit.  I'm from Texas.  That sounds like fucking foreplay to me, boy.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:12 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote:
Sheeeit.  I'm from Texas.  That sounds like fucking foreplay to me, boy.
People from Texas must be fucked in the head.  Get it.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:14 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Mr.Pink wrote: People from Texas must be fucked in the head.  Get it.
Oh yeah I get it.  Do you? 

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:15 am
by F.W.
Jesus, Geoi...don't sink to his level.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:16 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
F.W. wrote: Jesus, Geoi...don't sink to his level.
Pshhh, I'm trying to float up to his level.  Cos he's so fucking cool, and I just wanna be like him so much. 

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:20 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: Pshhh, I'm trying to float up to his level.  Cos he's so fucking cool, and I just wanna be like him so much. 
Its because im evil.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:26 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
Mr.Pink wrote: Its because im evil.
No it's cos you're so smart, and cool, and edgy.  LMGDFAO!

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:29 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: No it's cos you're so smart, and cool, and edgy.  LMGDFAO!
and evil aswell.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:30 am
by *G*
Mr.Pink wrote: and evil aswell.
eh, but mostly because you're so smart, and cool, and edgy.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:32 am
by me
It's safe to say this topic has taken a turn for the worse.  Back to the topic.
*G* wrote: Well since we are doing connections, the radio dj was name K. Billy, and one of Tarantino's films is Kill Bill.           K.Bill-K.Billy?????????? coincidence? conspiracy?
Never thought of that before.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:33 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
*G* wrote: eh, but mostly because you're so smart, and cool, and edgy.
And I bet he pulls in the pussy too.  I bet the chicks are ALL fallin all over his cock.

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:34 am
by Sgt. Geoi Donowitz
me wrote: It's safe to say this topic has taken a turn for the worse.  Back to the topic.
Why?  Seriously.  But, why?

Re: Every Dog has it's day? Dog Eat Dog?

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:36 am
by Mr.Pink
Sgt. Geoi Donowitz wrote: And I bet he pulls in the pussy too.  I bet the chicks are ALL fallin all over his cock.
I tend to keep the lock off my cock and keep it going.