[FAQ] The Reservoir Dogs FAQ topic

Talk dogs! The cult-gangster flick. Everything about Reservoir Dogs, when the KBILLY Supersounds of the 70s continue...
Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

[FAQ] The Reservoir Dogs FAQ topic

Post by Sebastian » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:51 pm

This will be the official Frequently Asked Questions and Answers topic for Reservoir Dogs.

Please follow the way I post them, and include links to related topics or websites. You CAN post more than one question/answer in one post if you want

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

[FAQ] Why is it called Reservoir Dogs?

Post by Sebastian » Sun Apr 03, 2005 4:55 pm

QUESTION: Why is the film called 'Reservoir Dogs', what are Reservoir Dogs?

ANSWER: One of Tarantino's early favorite films was AU REVOIR LES ENFANTS, a french drama from 1987 of which Tarantino couldnt pronounce the title so he called it "the reservoir movie". Some people say he also combined the "dogs" from STRAW DOGS into the title. You'll find more on that following the link below

Related topic:
http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0

Johny_Exhale

Re: [FAQ] The Reservoir Dogs FAQ topic

Post by Johny_Exhale » Tue Apr 05, 2005 1:51 pm

QUESTION: Who shot Nice Guy Eddie?

ANSWER: Mr White. He shoots Joe, turns around and shoots Nice Guy Eddie about the same time he gets shot himself.

Related topic:
http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=709.0

Graeme

Post by Graeme » Sun May 22, 2005 3:32 pm

Johny_Exhale wrote: QUESTION: Who shot Nice Guy Eddie?

ANSWER: Mr White. He shoots Joe, turns around and shoots Nice Guy Eddie about the same time he gets shot himself.

Related topic:
http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=709.0
Thats may not be true

"In Empire Magazine, a UK film magazine, there was a Chris Penn interview, where he said the following: "NOBODY shot Nice Guy Eddie. It was a mistake. What was supposed to happen -- and I don't know if Quentin's gonna like me for giving this away, but it's too late now, he never told me not to -- was Harvey Keitel was supposed to shoot Lawrence Tierney, then me, then get squibbed. But what happened was the squib on Harvey went right off after he shot Lawrence Tierney, so he went down, but MY squib went off, so I went down. So basically NOBODY shot Nice Guy Eddie"

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Set/6283/faq.html

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:30 pm

Hi, this is more of a technical question: does anyone know what kind of cine film he used to make reservoir dogs?

Sebastian
Inglourious Basterd

Post by Sebastian » Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:16 pm

savage_henry wrote: Hi, this is more of a technical question: does anyone know what kind of cine film he used to make reservoir dogs?
what do you mean? what sort of material he used?

Snake Eyes
Basterd

Re: [FAQ] Why is it called Reservoir Dogs?

Post by Snake Eyes » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:22 am

Seb (admin) wrote: QUESTION: Why is the film called 'Reservoir Dogs', what are Reservoir Dogs?

ANSWER: One of Tarantino's early favorite films was AU REVOIR LES ENFANTS, a french drama from 1987 of which Tarantino couldnt pronounce the title so he called it "the reservoir movie". Some people say he also combined the "dogs" from STRAW DOGS into the title. You'll find more on that following the link below

Related topic:
http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php?topic=1396.0
I was wondering that the other day and its good to have some closure.. thats cool

savage_henry
Hard Drinker

Post by savage_henry » Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:33 pm

Seb (admin) wrote: what do you mean? what sort of material he used?
yeah, to get the texture, the way the shadows are dark but the colours are vivd, i dunno if its just lighting but i read in that 'ultra violent movies' book that he had a legendary cinematographer work on it so figured it was the kind of film material he used as well. i dunno, if anyone knows how he made the colours look the way they look, lemme know

vadid
Hard Drinker

Post by vadid » Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:22 am

hey guys i aint been on this for a while anyway i was wondering what guns does every1 use in the film? cause i cant find out anything about them
"And everything seemed to be going so well"

-Dwight McCARTHY

JoeySolice
Cowardly Lion

Post by JoeySolice » Tue Feb 08, 2011 7:55 pm

vadid wrote:hey guys i aint been on this for a while anyway i was wondering what guns does every1 use in the film? cause i cant find out anything about them
The only ones I remember were the Smith & Wesson Model 659 and the Beretta 950 Jetfire. I cant remember the others