Staging Reservoir Dogs

Hey Seb,

thanks for your prompt reply.

I have staged all manner of shows from Tommy to A Few Good Men, and I am going to do The Full Monty later this year.

But doing Reservoir Dogs would be incredible.

I know how I want to do it and I just need to know about who to approach for permission if that is what is required.

I will certainly do it justice and I will do it my own way.

You cannot recreate the film and Quentin would hate that I am sure.

But you can retell the story and that dialogue is fantastic, the characters cool and the destruction guaranteed.

Look forward to hearing from you or someone connected to a production soon.

Please pass on any emails and I will follow them up.

Cheers, Matt.

Adelaide, South Australia.

8)

I don’t understand all what you want to do. So correct me if I’m wrong : you want to change the movie (for example dialogues, shoots, …) and do an other one. For what do you want to do that ? Is it a professionnal project ? How did you get this idea ?

And the most important : but why ? RD is already a master piece, even if I have the chance to change it as professionnal, I never do it, because the whole movie is perfect…

But it would be interesting to know what do you to change…

he wants to perform it on stage. like theatre. not film

allright, that can be a great idea, because some reporters had always said that RD is just a tragedy, and loved to compare him with theater. And then there will be of course some things to change because everything is not happen in the “reservoir”. For example, the opening scene is a master piece, but it would be change, or maybe it can be the first act, and then one act for the scene outside, and the third act,and long act will be for the “reservori scene”.

But won’t it be a problem withh th structure of the movie, because all is in desorder… And the theater is not the better way to put all in desorder. And maybe if all the scene is put in order, it would be not the same as the movie, it won’t the same impact. What do you think about it ?

Will you use some music ? because music is an important part of the work of QT, and would be cool to remmeber the movie with some cool music. It would change of another boring theater plays (some are amazing of course, but some are boring, too classic to enjoy myself).

Do you have any theater script, in order to read it ?

I’m a little bit curious of what you have do … :wink:

Actually Reservoir Dogs is perfect for performing on stage. Since most of the scenes took place in the hideout, you won’t have to change place. But a lot of time went for other scenes like Mr. Blonde, Mr. White, Mr. Orange and scenes where Orange got shot and Was taken to the hideout. Anyway, if you create good script there shouldn’t be a lot of problems to play it.

How serious is this project?

RD would make a fantastic play. It has a lot of potential for the theatre. I’d love to direct a version for the stage.

I’d love to direct it too… but we aren’t that lucky MiaRose :-</E>

I NEARLY did. It was all ready to go, but my stupid drama teacher changed his mind!

Yeah, it would work really well on stage, just like “Twelve angry men”, but with fewer cast and everyone ending up dead…plus the final scene, with Orange and Brown, and then BANG stage goes dark…I mean that would be bloody effective.

[quote=“Jot”]
with fewer cast and everyone ending up dead…plus the final scene, with Orange and Brown, and then BANG stage goes dark
[/quote]

oh yep’ I imagine the thing … it would be amazing :o !

Hi

Reservoir Dogs HAS already been made as a theaterplay.

But only in Germany(I’m from germany too so i know it) so that you probably never heard of it.

I nwer saw it, because it wasn’t playedanywhere near me.

http://www.cavecanemtheater.de/cc_bilder.html

here is a photo gallery of the play.

greetingsfrom germany

fivedollar

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-think this! This has been done several times before, and I had the misfortune to see one of the productions. I will never forget it, however much I try. It seems like a good idea, I know, but flashbacks don’t work and the whole thing is just so HORRIBLE.

[quote=“FiveDollar”]
Hi

But only in Germany(I’m from germany too so i know it) so that you probably never heard of it.

[/quote]

That looks quite like the movie. I saw the adaptation of Danny Boyle movie too, great idea to make it on stage too !

[quote=“Larry_Dimick”]
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE re-think this! This has been done several times before, and I had the misfortune to see one of the productions. I will never forget it, however much I try. It seems like a good idea, I know, but flashbacks don’t work and the whole thing is just so HORRIBLE.
[/quote]

that’s exactly what I sai in others posts. it must weird with the flashbacks, that’s why I want so much to see the theater script to see if the order has been changed in order that the play works withotu difficulties…

But no script yet…

[quote=“FiveDollar”]
Hi

http://www.cavecanemtheater.de/cc_bilder.html

here is a photo gallery of the play.

greetingsfrom germany

fivedollar
[/quote]

wtf, why does it have men in kilts and WOMEN in it?

looks terrible

you were looking at Shallow Grave, dumbass. Or was that a joke?

Sigh. I think those pictures (of Reservoir Dogs) should make your mind up as to why you should NOT do a stage version of it. And if you still want to, you need your head examined.

Actually looks good. Looks like they are really doing everything like in the script. Should be good.

no no and no

Why? Reservoir Dogs is great for staging.