Reservoir Dogs GAME!

You probably heard of the Nintendo DS (please tell me you did ;D), you probably heard of the Sony PSP (nevermind, the DS is better!) but I bet not much of you have heard of the “Gizmondo”.

http://gizmondoarena.com

It seems that some people never learn from mistakes like the “Game Gear”, “Neo Geo Pocket” or cough “N-Gage” Bah. Anyhow, there seems to be a Reservoir Dogs game in the making

http://gizmondoarena.com/gizmondo/game_catalog.php

If you say “Pfff. That’s not news, that’s crap”, please realize that Reservoir Dogs is a 13 year old movie and besides: THE NINTENDO DS rules!

No need to thank me.

I have in fact heard of the Gizmondo, months back!

I’ll just give myself a

Damn that’s just so sick. I can’t stand after-film products like action figures or games. And I am not commenting Nintendo, be happy about that you sick fans.

you didnt steal that from Clown now, did you Ify?

[quote=“Joseph”]
you didnt steal that from Clown now, did you Ify?
[/quote]

I stole it from someone, I don’t remember who, wasn’t it you?? Anywho have some…

I want some too…

Can’t say I’ve heard of the Gizmondo, but if the dogs game is any good I might get it (if I haven’t given into temptation and brought a DS or a PSP by then)

Hurumph yeah it looks preety swish

but its got nothing on

…mind you a RD game could be preety cool so long as they dont mess it up

Yeah it could be really cool so long as they don’t fuck it up (like Games do most of the time)

2K Games and SCi Sign Agreement

To publish Global Terror, Carmageddon and Reservoir Dogs.

K Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), today announced that it has signed an agreement with SCi Games for exclusive North American publishing rights to Conflict: Global Terror, Carmageddon and Reservoir Dogs.

“We are very pleased to again be working with SCi and building on the successes of this partnership,” said Christoph Hartmann, Senior Vice President of Publishing for 2K Games. “All three of these titles illustrate 2K Games’ commitment to producing high quality games from proven franchises and exciting licenses.”

Conflict: Global Terror brings the series into the 21st century and joins the war on terrorism in this highly anticipated sequel to the successful franchise which has shipped over 2.5 million units in North America alone. In fall 2005, the original Delta Force members from the Conflict series will return to fight alongside players on console and PC, in a variety of locations around the world where terrorism is present.

Carmageddon, a game where speed and racing are not the only goals, returns. Rejuvenated for the console and PC market, the new Carmageddon is faster and more intense than ever and planned for release in fall 2005.

[size=120]

Reservoir Dogs, the Quentin Tarantino classic cult film, is being adapted into an explosive action packed console and PC game. Scheduled for release in 2006, Reservoir Dogs will bring gamers deep into the seedy underground world of crime they fell in love with when it was originally released as a feature film[/size].

Source

Source

got some news regarding the reservoir dogs video game.

seems like it’s still planned for 2006 by Take 2 (at least in germany) and that they could not get the actors to do their voices and face-scans

GameStar – Das Nr. 1 Magazin für PC-Spieler

Its mentioned in 2 British game magazines this month.

EDGE (small paragraph in Eidos article) and Offcial Playstation 2 Magazine UK.

The very small amount of detail released includes:

Developed by Volatile Games www.volatilegames.com

Published by Eidos (other UK game publisher SCi bought Eidos last year).

Released Summer 2006.

You can play as all the dogs.

NOT a ‘GTA clone’

“A third-person bullet ballet”

Includes all the soundtrack songs.

“A taut, tightly controlled actioner”

“On-foot and driving sections”

“…sub plots will be explored - like where Pink hides the gems”

Michael Madsen voice and likeness in the game (but none of the others - I expect the actors wanted too much money? :cry: ).

“Volatile is not holding back - this is going to be an unflinching take on the hyper-violent Dogs universe - hence the 18 certificate”

Sounds great! Bring it on ;D

I’m guessing the game would be nothing more than a series of heists right? Or maybe they incororate twists into the plot to make it more interesting like the movie.

But what would be cool is if their was a mission where you’re mr.orange and you’re job is to help get the cops attention to the group without being caught a traitor and killed. You should be able to play both sides.

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
You should be able to play both sides.
[/quote]

[quote=“Mr._Rainbow”]
You can play as all the dogs.
[/quote]

Fuck this. They should do a Kill Bill game, serving as some sort of prequel to the movie with DIVAS missions. “Enter the Matrix” style. Choose your assassin, and complete all the assassination tasks. That would own.

[quote=“Scarface”]
Fuck this. They should do a Kill Bill game, serving as some sort of prequel to the movie with DIVAS missions. “Enter the Matrix” style. Choose your assassin, and complete all the assassination tasks. That would own.
[/quote]

yeah, because you can only really base a game off of action movies…and Kill bill is quentin’s only movie based on action…as his other films really have dialouge as the significant part of the movie. But how long could a kill bill game last? Besides killing the people on the list…there could be something like you play as Beatrix and escape being buried alive…and you get to play as beatrix in the hospital and fight off buck, etc. The game should be based on both movies to have a proper length.

Reservoir dogs…just doesn’t seem like it could made into a game…what would you be playing? There’s only ONE heist…very short game in my oppinion…Unless they did various different heists, but that wouldn’t stay true to the movie.

[quote=“Black Mamba!”]
Reservoir dogs…just doesn’t seem like it could made into a game…what would you be playing? There’s only ONE heist…very short game in my oppinion…Unless they did various different heists, but that wouldn’t stay true to the movie.
[/quote]

Yeah, that’s exactly what my opinion is. I simply can’t imagine how to play for example as mr. brown or blue. This story isn’t play-able.

Apparently the game will remain dutifully faithful to the film. It’ll be interesting to see how they do this, since the film limits most of it’s action to a few brief scenes. So this probably wont be a long game - at least in a supposed story mode or whatever, the game might actually focus on the heist itself which would be interesting also apparently you can play as a cop, the guy who gets his ear cut off maybe?

But people all die at the end (or get arrested). How to play Mr. Blonde? Cut off the ear in a first-person-view? Stupid…

mm think it’s stupid to , or the makers have to come with something amazingly good to convince me

gamestar.de has new details on the game:

http://www.gamestar.de/news/pc-spiele/action/33257/

pictures: <LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screensh … eryId=1429”>http://www.gamestar.de/aktuell/screenshots/PlayerPicList.jsp?galleryId=1429</LINK_TEXT>

i translate:

“Eidos Interactive reveals more details for the adaptation of the tarantino classic. you will take over characters of the film and take part in key moments of the movie.

But not enough: some unanswered questions will find an answer, for example what happened to mr brown, where did mr pink put the diamonds?”

release: this august