White and Orange

Let me get this straight, since I’ve seen the movie a few times, and still haven’t quite got this figured out. Did Mr.White shoot Mr.Orange and then himself? Sorry for the ignorance, there’s just a lot going on in that scene, and they really aren’t too good with showing exactly what was going on.

I think he shot Orange and then the cops shot White. It depends on who’s watching. It’s something left to the imagination. That’s why we don’t see it.

After reading up on it some more, I’d say that’s what happened. I should read up on shit more before I post!

in the script he kills Mr. Orange, this makes the cops shoot him [white]

Thanks to all of you! -licks-

yes…it’s…true… :’(

I think Mr. White shot Mr. Orange and then the gunshots that followed were from the cops, shooting Mr. White.

I could be wrong, but thats just how i saw it. It’s one of those things that Tarantino left up to the viewer to decide on. Even though i think Mr. White was actually shot by the cops, it was still really the same as commiting suicide, as he would have know that the other cops would shoot him.

[quote=“Ric_god”]
I think Mr. White shot Mr. Orange and then the gunshots that followed were from the cops, shooting Mr. White.
[/quote]

That’s how I saw it

Someone asked me once why Orange tells White he’s a cop when he could have just shut up and been saved… and it really is true, if someone doesn’t understand that part of the movie, they really didn’t get it at all.

My take on the end of the movie is that Orange is dying anyway… the fucker has been shot twice and has bled for a goodly amount of time… he knows he’s dying, he can’t feel anything anymore… tells White because he has bonded to him, has the honor thing going, and in that world, it was the only decent thing to do. The cops weren’t interested in anyone except Joe Cabot… White would have been the only one (officially, not counting the elusive Pink) to go down, and that’s just not right.

I watched it tonight and kind of decided that Orange dies before White can shoot him. He stops saying he’s sorry when he’s out of frame… doesn’t make any more noise after that. I don’t know… maybe it was just looping… maybe it’s symbolic.

Maybe I’ve just finally watched this movie too much.

[quote]Maybe I’ve just finally watched this movie too much.[/quote]
are you insane?

Quite possibly, yes.

So, White listened to his own threat?

He killed that man, he died next.

[quote=“rpepper”]
So, White listened to his own threat?

He killed that man, he died next.
[/quote]

He didn’t want Orange to die because he was so certain of his innocence. When White found out Orange was the culprit, he couldn’t control his passions and shot the man.

I like to think that they both lived, riddled and disfigured, and, in orange’s case, driven insane by blood loss… recouperate, and then team up to rob a jack rabbit slim’s where they find pink as buddy holly… because, y’know, no one ever robs restaurants.

I’m so just kidding. Although… :wink:

Well if sophie can survive so can they.

[quote=“WeaselCo”]
Well if sophie can survive so can they.
[/quote]

Sophie wasn’t shot though

Good Point. ;D

I have to agree with everyone, because it all makes sense. I think personally tho, that Mr.orange was shot by Mr.White, who was then shot by the cops. But this is the only part of the mvoie i dont like, becuase i dont think mr.white would have shot mr.orange, but maybe i just like their bond to much… 8)

[quote]becuase i dont think mr.white would have shot mr.orange[/quote]

Why? If he hadn’t shot him, that goddamn rat would be the only one who survived.

Yea, but im looking at it from the point of veiw that he actually cared about him, hench risking his live for him. Sure, it makes sense in one way that he killed him, he was pissed and betrayed, but i think the bond was pretty strong. Its just how i feel anyways.