Why Did Grindhouse Flop?!?

First off, the movie was incredible. Second, I’ve seen enough trailers and promotion for the movie before it was released to know about it. A friend told me it was because nobody in this day and age would know what a Grindhouse is. I proceeded to tell him to fuck off and that it wouldn’t matter if they didn’t know what a Grindhouse is, the trailer for the movie would tell them that it was awesome anyway. But seriously, why in the fuck did it do so bad?

You want us to explain to you why it flopped? Cmon dude. Grow up.

Yeah, that’s exactly what I’d like to know. It’s an opinion question, jackass!

It just happens. It happens to a lot of movies, there’s no reasonable explanation. I think there’s an entire topic on this if I recall. I should know, I was the one who started that topic.

Oh shit, I had no clue. I guess I didn’t look good enough at the topics. My bad.

<LINK_TEXT text=“http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.p … 727.0.html”>http://www.tarantino.info/forum/index.php/topic,7727.0.html</LINK_TEXT>

Your eggo is preggo, no doubt about it, home-skillet.

[quote=“Lt. BioBasterd”]
It just happens. It happens to a lot of movies, there’s no reasonable explanation.
[/quote]

Usually, there is; the film sucks. Of course there are exceptions, too.

I can’t comment on Grindhouse as a whole, because I haven’t seen the Planet Terror segment, but as for Death Proof…well, I can point to lots of reasons why that would flop (as it did over here, for instance).

[quote=“Kinick”]

I can’t comment on Grindhouse as a whole, because I haven’t seen the Planet Terror segment, but as for Death Proof…well, I can point to lots of reasons why that would flop (as it did over here, for instance).
[/quote]

Shawshank Redemption.

There Will Be Blood.

Punch Drunk Love.

Barton Fink.

I mean sure DP is not in the same league with the films above, but it was still damn good.

[quote=“Kinick”]

[/quote]

Get over it dude. Really. Let it go. QT isnt God. Hes just a guy whos making movies for him and his fans. He cant control reactions or peoples moment to moment desires just like he didnt know people would go batshit over Pulp. That was a phenomenon he had no control over. Be realistic and fair at least. Otherwise you just sound like an ignorant child.

If you dont like his stuff, go somewhere else. Noones asking you to be a voice of reason in here. We can think for ourselves. I was doing fine before you showed up, trust me.

Ill never stop being a fan of QT until he retires. I wont stop defending him either because I think hes great at what he does. He may not satisfy every last goon out there, and thats fine. Thats life if youre a real artist.

Someone else created this topic and asked this question. If you’ve no interest in it, stay out of it. I’m not preaching to you. You’re so sensitive. Not only are you a QT defender, you’re a QT apologist.

No youre just ragging as usual and dont tell me to stay out of any topic you putz. Youre so dumb you dont even realize what Im saying as truth. Wake the hell up.

Its so obvious how you do that shit. You wait til someone says something negative about a QT film then thats your cue you do your little bitch and moan routine. You probably feel all happy that someone gives you the chance to rag on the movie or something.

Everytime I come in here youre in here. Do you ever leave this fuckin forum? Why dont you get a hobby or something, get a job dude.

[quote=“Pete”]
Everytime I come in here youre in here. Do you ever leave this fuckin forum? Why dont you get a hobby or something, get a job dude.
[/quote]

If every time I’m in here, you’re obviously in here as much as me to notice that. Follow you’re own advice. :laugh: :laugh:

No you just sit in here all day long. You must even realize thats sorta fucked up. I come in here about 2 or 3 times at the most. Not even every day. I’m not that bored with my life.

[quote=“Pete”]
You must just sit in here all day long. Thats sorta fucked up. I come in here about 2 or 3 times at the most. Not even every day.
[/quote]

Then how do you know I’m on here as much as I am? I could be just on here at the same times as you. Zing! :laugh:

No, again youre in here alll day long and you know it. I dont sit in here like that. I mean you stay in here like its your home. Theres life out there dude. Go out and live.

[quote=“Pete”]
No, again youre in here alll day long and you know it. I dont sit in here like that. I mean you stay in here like its your home. Theres life out there dude. Go out and live.
[/quote]

How do you know? :laugh: Unless you’re here too. :laugh:

Oh, my… why are we discussing it again?

Pete, you’re an asshole. Just shut the fuck up and die, okay? Thanks a bunch.

Why dont you start another stupid fuckin topic. Go ahead show us how sharp you are.

I might get into the discussion here, but as for now, the Pussycat Dolls are distracting me. 8)