Grindhouse on DVD

i know seb just posted the article about death proof being released on Sept 18th (that day wil be heaven…the whole bloody affair + death proof= heaven), but i was wondering what about the whole grindhouse experience…will it never make a full dvd release, making the true grindhouse experience only for the theaters?

i know that both Quentin and Rodriguez both made “fuller” verisions of their halves (hence the cannes submission for QT) that were gunna make it to dvd. personally i was hoping for another 4 disc or even a 3 disc set. disc one: grindhouse the theatrical version; disc two: planet terror full uncut version; disc three: death proof cannes version; disc four: special features (including mini doc on the mpaa ratings controversy, jungle julia’s private radio show for QT, mini doc on the influences of grindhouse and the genre pic of the 70’s, RR’s cooking school haha, and other special features)

does any one know if there is a possiblity of a box set like this, if so do you think it will be a while, like QT waiting to release the whole bloody affair? what do you all think about that idea of a full boxed set like that???

and me begging QT and RR to release it in its theatrical goodness as well as the full versions!!

I think there will be a box but we might have to wait a long time the same way we had to wait for the bloody affair to come out.

Kill Bill was a big success and look how long we had to wait for a box set for that. Now take Grindhouse which didnt do as well. I wouldnt expect a grindhouse box set for like 15 years. haha.

[quote=“Pete”]
Kill Bill was a big success and look how long we had to wait for a box set for that. Now take Grindhouse which didnt do as well. I wouldnt expect a grindhouse box set for like 15 years. haha.
[/quote]

Exactly. You know how Tarantino is, anyways. He wants his audience to appreciate the films he makes. We’ll a probably get, at least, a Death Proof SE in another decade or so.

the death proof released on sep. 18th will most likely be special edition, it is 2 discs. However, i heard that each disc has a separate cut, one the theatrical, one the cannes, so that might mean limited special features.

Different cuts is at least good! :smiley:

Special features will come later in some 3 or 4 disc ultimate edition then :stuck_out_tongue: Gotta earn back those losses at the boxoffice :stuck_out_tongue:

The Sin City extended cut didn’t take too long so I’m hoping that it will be for Grindhouse…but I doubt it.

i think that the Grindhouse edition release will not be too long after DP and PT are released. They’ll make a lot in dvd sales.

I don’t think it’ll be too long of a wait. Whereas the Whole Bloody Affair never made it to cinemas, Grindhouse, box office failure aside, did. Sure, it’ll be a little wait, but I don’t think we’ll have to wait as much as 3 years or more.

http://www.amazon.com/Grindhouse/dp/B00005JPNH

Is there any reason to believe this is real?

I expect the Death Proof set to be balls to the wall. There is no need to hold anything back nor should they even try to do so. They want to make as much money back as quickly as possible for the investors so we will likely get an all out DVD release. If you want “making of” extras there is enough out on the internet to make most people happy. I myself just want to see the un-cut up version and thats what we are going to get for sure.

Dont worry people, this DVD will pack lots of punch and at least one lap dance!

First of all I need the Grindhouse DVD. Not being able to catch it in cinemas because of location, my only chance is through DVD. Sure, I’ll get to watch DP and PT in cinemas separetely, but that’s not the same. I feel left out. Everybody has seen it, and I’m only going to see it if I get it on DVD (or downloading it, which I don’t want to be forced to do).

Anyways, I’m gonna bump my old question. Is that amazon link believeable? How trustworthy is Amazon as far as these things go?

They would be so stupid not to release it on DVD because of box office. Look at Smoking Aces, did rather poorly in theatres, then made 36 mil it’s first week on dvd. Thus using poor boxoffice as a reason for not having a dvd release makes no sense.

don’t trust amazon. just wait. once there’s a press release, THEN think about pre-ordering

[quote=“Knoxville Kingpin”]
I expect the Death Proof set to be balls to the wall. There is no need to hold anything back nor should they even try to do so. They want to make as much money back as quickly as possible for the investors so we will likely get an all out DVD release. If you want “making of” extras there is enough out on the internet to make most people happy. I myself just want to see the un-cut up version and thats what we are going to get for sure. Dont worry people, this DVD will pack lots of punch and at least one lap dance!
[/quote]

…Says the guy who rated Death Proof BELOW My Best Friends Birthday!!! LMAO!! What in the hell were you thinking KK?

Death Proof pwns.

My Best Friend’s Birthday…doesn’t. Well I enjoyed the first nine minutes.

[quote=“Jack Rabbit Slim”]
Death Proof pwns.

My Best Friend’s Birthday…doesn’t. Well I enjoyed the first nine minutes.
[/quote]

Well…I would say that My Best Friend’s Birthday “pwns”, but it’s always very cool to watch. ;D

I need the DVD now, I do not care if it is a special editon at this moment. I need my fix.

I can confirm that Death Proof WILL COME OUT Sep. 18, as I am in the movie rental biz! LOL! But we got release dates for Death Proof and it is Sep. 18, which must mean either two things:

1. Grindhouse won’t come out fully before then
  2. Or they haven’t decided a release date for Grindhouse!

But believe me, Sep 18 is the confirmed date for real for the Death Proof DVD!

[quote=“GRINDHOUSE”]
I can confirm that Death Proof WILL COME OUT Sep. 18, as I am in the movie rental biz! LOL! But we got release dates for Death Proof and it is Sep. 18, which must mean either two things:

1. Grindhouse won’t come out fully before then
  2. Or they haven’t decided a release date for Grindhouse!

But believe me, Sep 18 is the confirmed date for real for the Death Proof DVD!
    [/quote]

do you know any specifics? Like both cuts of the film, etc.?

^ Naw! Just that we have like signs made of each movie and release date, and I have been waiting for a Grindhouse or Death Proof one, and today we got Death Proof Sep. 18!

It would prob be a 2-disc of both cuts, I hope.